Sign in to follow this  
Knox

Anime basically the same as cartoons, discuss

On the contrary there are a few I legitmately do appreciate. Its not my fault japan shovels out so much crap that they all follow the same tropes and habits as everything else before it.. iv said it before too but the same characteristics that plague anime occur In japanese games as well

Curious as to what these are

On the contrary there are a few I legitmately do appreciate. Its not my fault japan shovels out so much crap that they all follow the same tropes and habits as everything else before it.. iv said it before too but the same characteristics that plague anime occur In japanese games as well

Very true, a lot seasonal based animes will or can be very similar to others. Harem, harem-comedies and just happy-go-lucky style animes are common. I personally am always looking for animes that are dark themed, I love gore or plot lines that have a serious sense of "we are fucked!"

Really, you just have to weed out the crap.

Guest Fohacidal

I loved cowboy bebop. Trigun was ok and dragonball z had its moments. Samurai champloo was also amazing or however you spell it. Afro samurai was good too. Thats it really. Everything else has me going straight In to cringe mode with how japanesey it is

I loved cowboy bebop. Trigun was ok and dragonball z had its moments. Samurai champloo was also amazing or however you spell it. Afro samurai was good too. Thats it really. Everything else has me going straight In to cringe mode with how japanesey it is

Blegh, I really liked Trigun until it tried to have a plot, and the plot was just more of a "wut" than a good story :l

Samurai Champloo. I never completed it but it is on my list to finish watching. I suggest Black Lagoon, its a decently good anime that you might find to be to your liking.

Guest Fohacidal

Anime has a plot witch very few western cartoons have.

Challenge name 5 western cartoons with a plot that lasts at least a season.

This fucking guy

Anime has a plot witch very few western cartoons have.

Challenge name 5 western cartoons with a plot that lasts at least a season.

As much as i enjoy anime this argument really does not fit here, Mainly if i were to name every single superhero cartoon there is no need in the sense of a plot as the superheros role is just to be where ever danger may be and save the day.

I've seen Dragonball Z and Afro Samurai.   Both were fucking atrocious and painful to watch.  Just about everything about Japanese culture is degenerately idiotic.  It's no wonder they're the most developed country in the world with a rapidly declining birth rate.  Modern Japan is a failure in human evolution.

I love DBZ. It's terrible, but I enjoy it nonetheless. Afro Samurai is just bad beyond the first 1 or 2 eps, though.

Why is the action so messy? Is that a serious appeal to a lot of people, not being able to see what the fuck is going on until a fight is over?

Why is the action so messy? Is that a serious appeal to a lot of people, not being able to see what the fuck is going on until a fight is over?

I am assuming you are referring to dbz's animation? If so, I have a feeling that has to due with the age of the anime. Quite a few older animes and cartoons have much more messy animation schemes, simply due to limitations at the original time of broadcast/creation.

Overall, cartoons generally are more satirical and are basically moving caricatures, while "anime" has a much wider connotation.

Cartoons and anime are similar yes, but only because they are both forms of animation, one referring mainly to western animation( cartoons), and one is what westerners refer to as Japanese animation(anime).

However, anime in this sense of the word is only used so in the western world. Anime refers to both cartoons and "anime" and any other form of animation all under one word. So yes, in the end cartoons and anime are the same.

One could always try to argue that cartoons is a subsection of anime or that anime is a subjection of cartoons. The fact of the matter is they are basically sisters in the field of animation, one primarily being westernized style of animation resembling caricatures, while one is eastern that represents a much wider assortment of styles.

In the end, it matters not what they are, but that we enjoy them for what they are. As long as you get enjoyment out of an piece of media meant for entertainment, then there really should be no major issue.

I am assuming you are referring to dbz's animation? If so, I have a feeling that has to due with the age of the anime. Quite a few older animes and cartoons have much more messy animation schemes, simply due to limitations at the original time of broadcast/creation.

That's so wrong. The creators of DBZ simply cut off a ton of scenes from the Japanese version and stitched it all together in a rush. Cartoons/Animes use the same exact process during creation as they did in the 30's, if the cartoon/anime was sloppy it was the result of laziness or another reason such as rushing it out.

Edited by Oreo

Guest Fohacidal

I've seen Dragonball Z and Afro Samurai.   Both were fucking atrocious and painful to watch.  Just about everything about Japanese culture is degenerately idiotic.  It's no wonder they're the most developed country in the world with a rapidly declining birth rate.  Modern Japan is a failure in human evolution.

Just look at anything with a female in it in popular japanese culture. They are so over sexualized its no wonder japanese men are the most sexually repressed retards in the world. They never get any and dont seem to care

Just look at anything with a female in it in popular japanese culture. They are so over sexualized its no wonder japanese men are the most sexually repressed retards in the world. They never get any and dont seem to care

And just because Japan is weird as fuck, here's some more;

Edited by Oreo

Guest Fohacidal

And just because Japan is weird as fuck, here's some more;

That first video is exactly what the fuck I am talking about. Even with a girlfriend they dont get fucking laid

Uh, anything on Cartoon Network + Adult Swim?....

Adult Swim isn't known for its lasting progressive plots...

Adult Swim isn't known for its lasting progressive plots...

They've had their few gems here and there, but I'd like 90% agree with this

The Venture Bros? Boondocks? Loiter Squad?

Sure, they aren't heavily serialized, but they do have a plot.

Oh lord, my sides

As much as i enjoy anime this argument really does not fit here, Mainly if i were to name every single superhero cartoon there is no need in the sense of a plot as the superheros role is just to be where ever danger may be and save the day.

i like your avatar