Sign in to follow this  
Knox

Anime basically the same as cartoons, discuss

Ghost was too pussy to make a topic so here you go.

Ghost, Spell and Name are huge faggots and decided to complain about me saying that "anime is animated pictures", which to be honest is all that any cartoon is. Now, I'm not saying that there aren't some serious shows that people watch, all I'm saying is that it's pretty much all the same. 

At least they aren't furries is all I have to say.

Edited by Knox

While I do not deny the charge of being a giant faggot, the difference between cartoon and anime lies in the different levels of cultural acceptance of animation in different parts of the world.

Also: Spell is a flaming homosexual

Edited by Name

I had no idea that anybody actually thought that anime wasn't cartoons...there is no discussion.

I was talking with them about that game of thrones thread where I tried to defend anime against people who clearly had no intention of giving anime a fair chance, and things led to this post. It's been quite silly.

<22:54:52> "Name": turkes wants to fite you

<22:54:56> "Name": he gonna put on a fox suit

<22:54:57> "Name": and fite you

lol name called you gay

Fuck no on the fox suit. Those things get really hot inside. I could have heatstroke

Not saying people who watch anime are weird or it's something that should be looked down upon, I just generalize the whole situation.

Mostly because people who argue with me about it get wayyyy to excited.

Since quotes are broken for me;

Fuck you. You think I'm a cancer? At the VERY  least I'm not a pretentious asshole who thinks he deserves the world to be at his fingertips.

I'm sorry for living in America, which has the right of free speech, and having an opinion. When it comes to people like you, normally I would turn my head and ignore. But I'm sick of your shit.

Edited by ExoFox123

Since quotes are broken for me;

Fuck you. You think I'm a cancer? At the VERY  least I'm not a pretentious asshole who thinks he deserves the world to be at his fingertips.

I'm sorry for living in America, which has the right of free speech, and having an opinion. When it comes to people like you, normally I would turn my head and ignore. But I'm sick of your shit.

Oh god, you live in America? That makes it even worse. Do you realize how debilitating your strange little obsession is to your social skills and over-all happiness?

Guest Fohacidal

Everybody knows japanese anime got its start as inspiration from walt disney or some shit right? Its cartoons. It just so happens most of the time they arent good cartoons.

if you really dumb it down and generalize then yes, it is a cartoon. however, I would not call a full length animated Disney movie a cartoon, but an animation.

we could go on and on about qualifiers for what a cartoon is and what an anime is ... anime's are super popular here and elsewhere, they're stylized and cultured, just like American animations/cartoons.

when I think of animes as a series, I most of the time just facepalm ... rarely can I enjoy one.

while anime's aren't my particular favorite among genres, the feature length ones can be quite good! for example: Akira, Ghost in the Shell, Princess Mononoke and Metropolis.