Sign in to follow this  
Epicsauce

You have no right...

but do they WANT to be fat and WANT to be called names? No.

They must not WANT to be skinny either...otherwise they'd just eat healthier and be more active. And if people didn't want to be called fat, then they shouldn't be fat.

Im overweight, but I also know that its because im lazy. I cant blame anyone else for making the simple observation that if I made healthier choices I would be in better shape. And i certainly can't get mad at them for doing so. Freedom of speech baby.

as far as the video is concerned, I think this bitch got way too mad about someone that was way too polite in their letter. If the letter had read "GET OFF TV YOU FAT BITCH" then i would understand her being upset, but the points made to her were pretty valid.

This list can go on and on - in the end, you have no right of calling anyone anything. Would you like to be called such words if you were in these situations? Probably not, 

I just want to point out, that it is EVERY persons right to call anyone anything. You can blame our founding fathers if you want for that one, but it is still your freedom to say whatever the fuck you want (to a certain extent, which is not reached by name calling). Of course nobody WANTS to be called fat, or gay, or retarded. Obviously I would be a bigot for saying these things to people I don't know. But I can still say them all I damn well please without anyone telling me that I don't have that right.

Do black people deserve being called slaves or the N word? No.

Do disabled people deserve being called rude things for their appearance? No.

Do the mentally disabled deserve being called rude words for what they do? No.

Do the gay, lesbian and bi people deserve being called faggot? No.

Fuck off. People like you need to stop perpetuating the idea that being obese is all genetic. You're part of the problem.

From a personal perspective, I used to be enormous - fat, obese you could say. Sure, I lost the weight but it was a struggle. It took time and dedication - how do you know Jenn was not doing that herself? I was called fat, obese, ugly, you name it... how did I feel? Like shit, that's how. You know what I learned from that experience? People are retarded, and do things without thinking it through. I still don't understand is how people have the balls to call someone fat when they don't even know them. Is it alright to call people names; names they've been called their whole life? You could be the ones responsible for the death of an innocent woman, child, anyone.

Honestly now, if your mother was fat, would you call her fat and obese? I would hope not, because lets get serious - NO ONE deserves to be called rude slang/words. In that situation, you'd stand up for your mother if someone were to call her fat just like Jenn's husband did. Does this make her weak? No; people need support in their lives. I have no idea where the fuck you guys are coming from, but I can see you have no morals if you honestly think this way.

Do black people deserve being called slaves or the N word? No.

Do disabled people deserve being called rude things for their appearance? No.

Do the mentally disabled deserve being called rude words for what they do? No.

Do the gay, lesbian and bi people deserve being called faggot? No.

This list can go on and on - in the end, you have no right of calling anyone anything. Would you like to be called such words if you were in these situations? Probably not, so I suggest you smarten the fuck up and show some respect to people in this world because honestly, the world doesn't need people to judge others - especially those like this wonderful woman.

Telling someone they are fat is not the same as calling a black person a nigger. Calling an obese person obese is like telling a black person they have black skin, or telling a cripple they can't walk like normal people, or telling a retard that they do not possess the mental capabilities of normal people, or telling a lesbian they like vagina. 

Did not read thread, just saw this dumb post. 

That email wasn't an attempt at bullying. The writer made very valid points and said it in a way that was non confrontational. Since she berated the viewer for making a logical and respectful argument; let me add to the convo with this open letter:

Dear fat bitch,

You made it on TV, looking the way you do. Good fucking job. Normally, TV personalities of your girth are reserved exclusively for female comedians. Even though the ONE button made of titanium alloy on your blazer refuses to quit, you strive to send a message of strength to young girls everywhere. That message is, "You don't need great looks or a man to succeed in the serious world of TV journalism, just intelligence". I'm sure you are highly qualified to, wait...

Did you just say your husband is the news anchor? Nevermind...

You fat cunt, you ARENT talented enough to make it on your own. You told your husband somebody called you fat and now he's trying to save face with this anti bullying campaign. You say "I'm not mad". BITCH, UMAD! It was evident in your video response.

Your tears taste like Campbell's Beef Gravy...

Your breath smells like french fries...

I'm out!

-c12k

*drops the mic*

Campbell's Beef Gravy....lmao

Telling someone they are fat is not the same as calling a black person a nigger. Calling an obese person obese is like telling a black person they have black skin, or telling a cripple they can't walk like normal people, or telling a retard that they do not possess the mental capabilities of normal people, or telling a lesbian they like vagina. 

Did not read thread, just saw this dumb post. 

Being fat is a state of mind man.

Before you post again, please be sure to read my entire post. Sure being fat is a choice to some, but do they WANT to be fat and WANT to be called names? No.

If you can tell me why you believe its alright to call people fat, even your mother - please do, but I'll be expecting a lengthy post.

Until then, ego vobis valedico.

Your posts have been bullshit.

Then you fucking do something about it. It's that god damn simple. IT doesn't matter if it takes weeks, months, or years to lose the weight, but at least put in an attempt to have a healthy lifestyle if you don't want to be thought of as fat.

There are some people who do have legitimate health problems that can't lose weight due to: Thyroid or Cortisol problems, but typically it's known if they definitely have it, but most people seem to use "It's my genetics" as an excuse to avoid addressing their weight issue, when almost every time, it's them overeating or not using enough calories in the day to burn off what they consumed.

it is very ok to call fat people fat because they could change that if they really wanted to, but lack the willpower to do so

and this somehow makes them a victim.    

thats a huge bitch

Simple answer to the genetics argument; if it's genetics then why the fuck is obesity spiking now and not been a common occurrence?

Simple answer to the genetics argument; if it's genetics then why the fuck is obesity spiking now and not been a common occurrence?

I don't think you understand logic. 

I don't think you understand logic. 

I should've worded the initial phrase better, but a large paragraph was deleted when my computer decided to restart, so I just hastily posted that. I'm not arguing that genetics don't have an effect, I'm simply dismissing the argument that it's uncontrollable or that there's no other factors. The whole "I can't control it because of genetics" argument. I understand that there's been an increase in food resources among many countries, including ours, and how genetics work in terms of calorie usage/storage. I also understand that there are other factors to this such as exercise and what part the body can play in it besides calorie usage/storage. Pre 20th century, we were looking at large rates of malnutrition, poverty and communicable diseases which lead to very few people actually being large. Being heavy in weight was seen as attractive for years contrary to the skinny idea that now dominates our culture. One could attribute this to the aristocracy of these times and how they would be able to afford extravagant types and usages of food, something one in the lower class could only dream of. Going back further, lets say...to prehistoric, we're looking at the body wanting to absorb as much fat as possible in order to survive the harsher climates of the time. Genetics would have a part in this, having to fight for nutrition in order to survive. This is why larger people were seen as attractive as well, they showed signs of healthiness and a much more positive view for offspring. Now, as we approached the 21st century, we've been looking at a larger amount of food and especially an increase in unhealthy food. Adding onto this, we're looking at decreasing rates of exercise. So what do we have? We have our bodies wanting to absorb food and we have a lack of exercise to burn those calories off which in turn results in weight gain. Here's what I disagree with;

You can A) Change your diet and consume less calories

As well as B ) Burn off those calories

You make the decisions on what you consume and how you burn it off. However, there are two things that I do believe are factors.The first, is the fact that much of our daily life is spent stationary, whether it be children in schools sitting at a desk for hours or people working a 9-5 shift sitting in a chair all day. We've seen the affects this has on our health in areas such as cardiac, vascular, etc. While there are those that do go to a gym afterwards, there are studies suggesting that this is not nearly as healthy as simply moving around all day long, compared to just doing an hour burst of burning and then stopping. Making a comparison to prehistoric hunter/gatherers, we have Michael Phelps who burned over ten thousand calories during his Olympics period. Nomadic people of those times also moved for hours on hours and then like I mentioned earlier we have the climate playing a part. So could this change in our activity affect our diet? I believe it definitely has a part in it. The second, would be addiction. Food is shown to release dopamine and serotonin, once again we could contribute this to genetics and rewarding us for finding nutrition. Now, could your childhood diet influence you towards an addiction or could you have a genetic flaw that leads to something similar to this(IE, over excessive need to eat)? Yes, there could be but I don't believe it accounts for the majority of obesity we see in the world today.

I don't believe genetics decide whether or not you're obese but I do believe outside factors such as genetic flaws(this is gene related but i'm talking about the majority of the population which, presumably, has healthy genes), childhood development of the brain, diet and exercise. You can control your weight with your diet and exersize but you do have these negative factors like genes and development of the body. Using Goldentongue's photo, has that man ever tried diet and exercise? Chances are no, he hasn't and he still today continues to have an unhealthy lifestyle. That isn't to say he couldn't be somewhat large due to genetics but simply that he shouldn't be THAT obese because of them. He can control it but I do believe that there are some who have difficulties with it and some that don't.

Note: I'm not an expert in this matter so could you counterargue some of my points? Yes, and i'm open to you adding onto this or debating something of it. I might be wrong, I might be right but this is what I believe based on what i've observed. One thing I do lack though, is any sort of information regarding obesity in upper class within history. I don't necessarily know their weights or what they looked like, but I do assume that because of their lifestyle they would be much healthier than the obese of today and in fact might have been healthier than most of us. This was originally what that sentence was addressing, comparisons between those that overconsume today and those that consume a similar amount then and why they would presumably be different when it comes to health.

Edited by Oreo

I should've worded the initial phrase better, but a large paragraph was deleted when my computer decided to restart, so I just hastily posted that. I'm not arguing that genetics don't have an effect, I'm simply dismissing the argument that it's uncontrollable or that there's no other factors. The whole "I can't control it because of genetics" argument. I understand that there's been an increase in food resources among many countries, including ours, and how genetics work in terms of calorie usage/storage. I also understand that there are other factors to this such as exercise and what part the body can play in it besides calorie usage/storage. Pre 20th century, we were looking at large rates of malnutrition, poverty and communicable diseases which lead to very few people actually being large. Being heavy in weight was seen as attractive for years contrary to the skinny idea that now dominates our culture. One could attribute this to the aristocracy of these times and how they would be able to afford extravagant types and usages of food, something one in the lower class could only dream of. Going back further, lets say...to prehistoric, we're looking at the body wanting to absorb as much fat as possible in order to survive the harsher climates of the time. Genetics would have a part in this, having to fight for nutrition in order to survive. This is why larger people were seen as attractive as well, they showed signs of healthiness and a much more positive view for offspring. Now, as we approached the 21st century, we've been looking at a larger amount of food and especially an increase in unhealthy food. Adding onto this, we're looking at decreasing rates of exercise. So what do we have? We have our bodies wanting to absorb food and we have a lack of exercise to burn those calories off which in turn results in weight gain. Here's what I disagree with;

You can A) Change your diet and consume less calories

As well as B ) Burn off those calories

You make the decisions on what you consume and how you burn it off. However, there are two things that I do believe are factors.The first, is the fact that much of our daily life is spent stationary, whether it be children in schools sitting at a desk for hours or people working a 9-5 shift sitting in a chair all day. We've seen the affects this has on our health in areas such as cardiac, vascular, etc. While there are those that do go to a gym afterwards, there are studies suggesting that this is not nearly as healthy as simply moving around all day long, compared to just doing an hour burst of burning and then stopping. Making a comparison to prehistoric hunter/gatherers, we have Michael Phelps who burned over ten thousand calories during his Olympics period. Nomadic people of those times also moved for hours on hours and then like I mentioned earlier we have the climate playing a part. So could this change in our activity affect our diet? I believe it definitely has a part in it. The second, would be addiction. Food is shown to release dopamine and serotonin, once again we could contribute this to genetics and rewarding us for finding nutrition. Now, could your childhood diet influence you towards an addiction or could you have a genetic flaw that leads to something similar to this(IE, over excessive need to eat)? Yes, there could be but I don't believe it accounts for the majority of obesity we see in the world today.

I don't believe genetics decide whether or not you're obese but I do believe outside factors such as genetic flaws(this is gene related but i'm talking about the majority of the population which, presumably, has healthy genes), childhood development of the brain, diet and exercise. You can control your weight with your diet and exersize but you do have these negative factors like genes and development of the body. Using Goldentongue's photo, has that man ever tried diet and exercise? Chances are no, he hasn't and he still today continues to have an unhealthy lifestyle. That isn't to say he couldn't be somewhat large due to genetics but simply that he shouldn't be THAT obese because of them. He can control it but I do believe that there are some who have difficulties with it and some that don't.

Note: I'm not an expert in this matter so could you counterargue some of my points? Yes, and i'm open to you adding onto this or debating something of it. I might be wrong, I might be right but this is what I believe based on what i've observed. One thing I do lack though, is any sort of information regarding obesity in upper class within history. I don't necessarily know their weights or what they looked like, but I do assume that because of their lifestyle they would be much healthier than the obese of today and in fact might have been healthier than most of us. This was originally what that sentence was addressing, comparisons between those that overconsume today and those that consume a similar amount then and why they would presumably be different when it comes to health.

Yes, your initial conclusion could have been worded better, considering this answer kind of sort of undermines the first answer you gave. I wasn't questioning the substance of your argument, I was questioning your reasoning. 

I see obesity and overeating as analogous to drug addiction. It's an addiction to the neurotransmitters released by food consumption. Considering I view drug addiction as a pitiable medical problem, I see fat people in the same way. Saying "just don't eat so much junk food you fat piece of shit" is equivalent to saying "just don't shoot meth anymore you pathetic junkie". They could change the way they are but it's not easy.

That being said obese people look fucking disgusting.

I see obesity and overeating as analogous to drug addiction. It's an addiction to the neurotransmitters released by food consumption. Considering I view drug addiction as a pitiable medical problem, I see fat people in the same way. Saying "just don't eat so much junk food you fat piece of shit" is equivalent to saying "just don't shoot meth anymore you pathetic junkie". They could change the way they are but it's not easy.

That being said obese people look fucking disgusting.

Those two situations aren't analogous at all. While meth is extremely addictive and actually alters the part of the brain that controls pleasure, obese people just don't want to exercise or eat a little less.

Those two situations aren't analogous at all. While meth is extremely addictive and actually alters the part of the brain that controls pleasure, obese people just don't want to exercise or eat a little less.

While I don't fully agree with him, you are so very very wrong.