Sign in to follow this  
yeet

So my dream is finally becoming real

Guest Fohacidal

Am the only one that finds it somewhat fishy that he has asthma yet comes from a military family? I'd expect him to have numerous family members with it as well.

Your entire family tree doesnt have to have asthma for you to have asthma. Im just saying

I'm more surprised that no one's mentioned his "clinical depression" more than the A.D.D./A.D.H.D.

Asthma

A.D.D. medication usage(Which really varies by MEPS doctor)

Clinical Depression

3 waivers if his recruiter isn't shady.

Guest Fohacidal

I'm more surprised that no one's mentioned his "clinical depression" more than the A.D.D./A.D.H.D.

Asthma

A.D.D. medication usage(Which really varies by MEPS doctor)

Clinical Depression

3 waivers if his recruiter isn't shady.

Where did he mention depression?

Your entire family tree doesnt have to have asthma for you to have asthma. Im just saying

I'm aware of that, my father has asthma. However, it's a very high rate of being passed on and it's more common to have multiple family members with it. He also stated;

I wasn't prescribed adderall for depression, Also i was put off the meds which means at 17 after my junior year and during my summer I can be sent to boot camp and come back and finish high school, I flat out told the recruiter about my problems with all that asthma shit and he ended up saying something about just going to the doctors and apparently I wasn't the one prescribed the inhaler that I never used, It was my dads (who also has asthma) I guess or something like that.

Looks like I'll be a just fine. All I need to do now is go to the doctor and get my tests done, turn in the documents, and then when I can in my later months of 17 I will be sworn into the army.

Looks like I'll be just fine  :D

My dream, which a lot of you don't know is to join the army. It's been my dream since I was 6 years old and I turn 17 in 7 months, Thats when I will be joining

I talked to my parents for 2 hours about it and coming from my fathers experience in the Military doing several different jobs (practically everything) for 22 years they approved of it, they know its been my dream for 10 years also, Today, which has been one of the happiest days of my life is a turning point for me knowing that the dream that was only a dream for 10 years has finally come true.

The Army will let me finish high school before they ship me out to train and all that other shit but I was happy enough to make a thread about it.

"This We'll Defend"

However, It is possible that in the past asthma may have been allowed(I don't believe so and i'm not talking about childhood asthma). My father has asthma and served in the Navy for numerous years but i'm pretty sure he just has it from smoking and it got progressively worse through his TB / other illnesses. This would be after service.

Where did he mention depression?

I have a feeling this is all bullshit and he's just making up the depression to pertain to the subject.

Edited by Oreo

I had asthma, started weightlifting and high cardio running, shit went away, I haven't fallen ill in a long time either. 

The gym has been so good to me :)

Serving your country does not involve becoming a mindless attack dog, modern warfare entails a huge public relations aspect that would be supremely degraded if we had a bunch of mindless zombies with guns shooting everyone. I think you might be stuck in the romanticism aspect of warfare, it's not like that. If you really want to do stuff for the military with medical issues, go for the CIA, FBI, NSA or something; a job just opened up in the NSA.

Goldentounge, I am probably making more money at an accounting internship than you are working at 7/11 as an Assistant Team Manager with an English degree. Come at me bro.

Goldentounge, I am probably making more money at an accounting internship than you are working at 7/11 as an Assistant Team Manager with an English degree. Come at me bro.

Probably. My best friend is in an accounting internship and is doing pretty well from that. I don't even work while taking classes though, as I get paid $2,000 a semester by my school for simply being in college as long as I keep my grades up (that's in addition to my tuition and fees being covered by scholarship). I don't have a job currently as I'm travelling a lot this month, but I've got one lined up for July and August. My only real concern right now is just getting into the best law school possible. Edited by Goldentongue

Guest Fohacidal

Probably. My best friend is in an accounting internship and is doing pretty well from that. I don't even work while taking classes though, as I get paid $2,000 a semester by my school for simply being in college as long as I keep my grades up (that's in addition to my tuition and fees being covered by scholarship). I don't have a job currently as I'm travelling a lot this month, but I've got one lined up for July and August. My only real concern right now is just getting into the best law school possible.

Out of curiosity how long is a semester?

Guest Fohacidal

About 4 months.

So like 250 every 2 weeks? Thats really hard to live on breh

So like 250 every 2 weeks? Thats really hard to live on breh

The past two years I worked as much as possible during the summer and winter breaks, saved up, and used that money in the fall and spring.  In addition, my parents are able to help me out whenever I need it. Simply  graduating without any student debt at all puts me in a better financial position than most of my peers.

his meal plan is most likely paid for by the school. he probably doesn't have to pay for living, either.

Housing I have to pay for.  However, the purchase of a meal plan is required of all students and is covered by my fees being covered.

Guest Fohacidal

Housing I have to pay for.  However, the purchase of a meal plan is required of all students and is covered by my fees being covered.

Meal plan sounds like some army posts. You might never eat at the DFAC but you sure as hell wont get BAS because you already have a meal card or whatever.

Housing I have to pay for. However, the purchase of a meal plan is required of all students and is covered by my fees being covered.

Yeah the mandatory meal plan is a pain. My Freshman year, it was a culinary groundhogs day.

On topic: has anyone spoken to Demon lately? I'm still feeling kinda bad. I wanna talk to the kid.