Sign in to follow this  
fatb0y

Regarding recent events

Espy took over from bios. Bios was good, but shit always broke because he was basically a copy/paste coder. Espy fixed shit up nice, and got wcs2 started. Wcs2 was good under Kai too, but then he deleted it...

I thought that was hilarious when that happened.

lol at what foh said about the new kids that come in suck staffs dick hard and get SO super fast. No way I'm leaving sG, too much time here...

I know it'd require work, but like people have said getting CS:S Warcraft back up is key imo. Constantly full when was running properly, lots of donators/private race buyers pretty sure. I would love to be SO on that as well. This summer I'll help fend off the bad summerfags and keep the good ones if we still need SO positions for a server

Edited by Smooth-eh

if wcs comes out for GO i would most definitely play on it until i got every race and maxed them all out (fuck css pro) especially if it is anything like the old server or has the same people which made the old server fun.

I believe the best times for the WCS servers were under Bios and Goodkat... the servers were constantly full and both of them were always in there.

lol please shut the fuck up

and rofl at all this, how the fuck do u guys still have time for this stupid shit. im gonna go contribute and post music, cya

Edited by Pebbz.

You want to know to keep this community going? Stop taking this shit so seriously. I'm not trolling at all, this place runs like a bureaucracy now. Don't be so quick with the ban stick (monkeh, perfect example) with members of the community who are valued. Less chiefs and more Indians, and better chiefs. (ie don't let power hungry, alcoholism faking, poor decision making, not giving a fuck what happens here, inactive, immature people like Mitch) Focus on the servers but keep the forums updated. Be proactive with the servers, don't let the rest die out like WCS did. Get Engineers who know their shit and help them out. This is why WCS, our most popular server for the longest time died. Basically just find people who know their shit and give a damn without acting like pretentious assholes who think they are better than you.

Edited by UltimateOreo

Honestly what needs to improve is the level of respect Staff shows to the normal Community members and Non-Members. Some Staff believe that they are better than everyone and they don't need to provide any sort of justification for their actions to the "peasants" who are the rest of the sG Community. 

To expand on this slightly, really anyone that represents the interests of sG should be held to this standard. From Staff to SO to Paidmins (*cough*), everyone should treat community and non-community members with a certain level of respect, as your actions will in one way or another factor into how someone views sG as a whole. 

I'm aware my thoughts hold pretty much no weight seeing as I haven't been a member of this community for very long. Unfortunately my job doesn't allow me much time to browse the forums or post on them, and when i'm not working I'm usually playing JB or trying to learn how not to suck at TTT. But as a relatively new and lurking member of the community, this little spat really doesn't change my opinion of sG. I enjoy spending what little free time I have playing on the servers or lurking the forums..And fuck you to whoever implemented the arcade.(not really).  People grow up and their preferences and tastes change. There's no one to fault or blame for it. Granted from the details that were given, the departure of the SiJ members probably could have been approached better by those who decided to leave, but its over and done with. No point in harping on it anymore. 

Sorry for the rant, Ivanns hit the only type of improvement I think could be looked into. Hopefully this incident can be moved past soon enough and this community can move forward and continue to thrive.

..Aright I'm done. 

@ Whoreo

a bit of bad grammar there, but I understood.   

Also RIP my gryphon rider

Edited by JMaFia

@ Whoreo

a bit of bad grammar there, but I understood.   

Also RIP my gryphon rider

It was a quick rundown of what I believed the issues were, definitely needed some touching up. Another thing is how the pretentious the staff thinks they are. (Or were depending on where things are going) They talk shit on people and talk down to people. This place feels like I went back to High School anymore.  You need to value the people that play on your servers, not piss them off. They are the only reason why we keep going. It's basic customer service and just regular people skills that mean a lot. A little bit of professionalism goes a long way.  But above all, know how to have fun. Previous "management" if you could even call it that, sucked the fun out of this place. The community needs to be ran lightheartedly with a touch of professionalism. It's been amateur hour for a few years now and it's starting to show the effects.

It was a quick rundown of what I believed the issues were, definitely needed some touching up. Another thing is how the pretentious the staff thinks they are. (Or were depending on where things are going) They talk shit on people and talk down to people. This place feels like I went back to High School anymore.  You need to value the people that play on your servers, not piss them off. They are the only reason why we keep going. It's basic customer service and just regular people skills that mean a lot. A little bit of professionalism goes a long way.  But above all, know how to have fun. Previous "management" if you could even call it that, sucked the fun out of this place. The community needs to be ran lightheartedly with a touch of professionalism. It's been amateur hour for a few years now and it's starting to show the effects.

I agree with everything you said, but sadly engineers, who want to do work, do not grow on trees and ones who actually know how to code from scratch are even rarer. 

It doesn't, that's why when one comes along, we need to give them the right tools to do the job and treat them with dignity. Would you be able to tell me why the previous engineers did not stick around so I can better comment on the situation?

It doesn't, that's why when one comes along, we need to give them the right tools to do the job and treat them with dignity. Would you be able to tell me why the previous engineers did not stick around so I can better comment on the situation?

I am not sure who you are speaking about. Tortoise posted his stepping down thread. Yiyas has many reasons I am sure, but lack of interest is a main point. When one does come around I am sure they would be treated with great dignity and respect.

Depending on the state of the clan financials, is hiring a coder out of the question? Many people are willing to do it for a small rate.

It may be possible, but remember if we are paying a person and they decide they no longer want to maintain and work on the server, the server will most likely end up dead.

Edited by Shadow

I dont understand why suddenly so many people left for another clan. I dont want to go, my buddies Avery and Ghost as well as the remaining cool people of sG are still here.

Faggots quit.

You've been in for... 2, 3 months?  I've been here for close to 6 years--as with mimic and a few others.  Newfriends cling hopelessly to what they see, most everyone else is jaded and disgruntled. 

Belonging to the latter, all I can say is =(UV)=/sG is a rather lengthy chapter in my life, all I want is some progress at this point, not stagnation. 

Hopefully by the end of this year Ill be able to lend some aid in coding. Until then unfortunately I do not know enough to do any serious help other than possibly making things easier to read and look through.

Sometimes I feel like the only person who actively plays on servers OTHER THAN OUR OWN

We are seriously worse than EgO in terms of clanfaggotry

... fuck ctark

You should know me better Junzie than to have to ask. 

Oreo, I think you hit everything spot on. Thank you.

I think you're joking since you were joking about the DDOS thing, but you're a woman so we don't really know for sure.......

I think you're joking since you were joking about the DDOS thing, but you're a woman so we don't really know for sure.......

one thing we know for sure is, SHADOW SUCKS DICKS

Sign in to follow this