Sign in to follow this  
Joscal

Killwhoring for Detours

f. If there is a questionable route (such as going left or right of box cage) then Warden should specify which way they want terrorist to go.

^

That is the rule as stated in the motd, however some cts have taken to loop-holing it by saying that if it is not the ABSOLUTELY shortest route that we are automatically delaying/detouring and immediately killing us.

Told to freeze on a marker by the top of the stairs of minecraft that lead down to the library entrance we were then instructed to crouch walk to kiddie pool. Half went through cells half went on the path to kiddie pool. The half that went by solitary were immediately killed.

I will wait for a higher up to post on this thread before I end my case.

as far as i can tell, its a detour as soon as the T is not heading straight for the destination, or for the safest path to the destination.

as long as a T is heading towards the kiddie pool, it is not detouring.

The way you describe it the terrorists that went into the cell area should have died because from the top of the stairs the most direct route to the kiddie pool would have been the pathway.

If nothing else, the people that went through cells should've died. In front of solitary is definitely more direct, it's not really a question of going left or right around an object blocking your path. You're going away from the route that's laid out on the map for you to take, from which you're literally staring at the pool the entire time.

Here is EXACTLY how it went down. there is not question as to what is shorter unless you lack common sense.

Picture to clarify.

post-551-0-15851800-1365749374_thumb.jpg

Edited by Icop

You can clearly see the kiddie pool from the solitary side, in fact you can walk straight down that path and end up in it. draw to scale next time...

and the marker was NOT on that side of the door, dunno where you got that from.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/wx7kz5e1wdvxrzb/2013-04-12_00001.jpg

Edited by Joscal

Yes, the marker was on THAT side. I put it specifically on THAT side to make sure you went through the closer path. How do I know? Becuase I made the order, I set the marker.

Also don't forget, I set two markers. First one was above stairs, then i moved the marker two the location in the picture. Thats when I gave order to move to kiddie pool.

Are you exactly sure that going to the front left corner of the kiddie pool in front of solitary is farther than going to the back left corner of kiddie pool through cells from the picture I showed. if not then I fail to see how one is longer than the other.

And I disagree with the placement, but I do not have proof otherwise.

EDIT: I just timed it, and it took 10 seconds to shift walk using either path, and will upload the demo if this is really necessary.

Edited by Joscal

If it was a detour going along the sandy path, then you need to specify that it is a detour. We are heading towards kiddy pool either way. He did not specify, as MOTD states you have to. It is a questionable route, and you did not specify. Besides, I dont think going along the sandy path to kiddy pool was a detour.

Here: To Scale

The route is not questionable by any means, nor did anyone question it until they died. This picture CLEARLY shows its a detour/delay.

post-551-0-15220100-1365751300_thumb.jpg

Edited by Icop

Here: To Scale

The route is not questionable by any means, nor did anyone question it until they died. This picture CLEARLY shows its a detour/delay.

I like your red name baby ;)

I don't remember a location in kiddie pool being specified.

Demo is right below.

Seeing as a detour or delay would have to make an actual time difference to be considered such. yea

https://www.dropbox....8p6z2f/pool.dem

Theres a fraction of a second difference.

Thats it...if we can't account that 3 second delay into that difference then I don't even know anymore.

Edited by Joscal

Command was freeze in the middle of pool. The method of travel was crouch walk.

edit: There is about a 3 second difference. Go test it crouching for yourself.

Edited by Icop

1) You don't even remember where the marker was set. Nor did you describe the situation properly.

2) You implied my drawing was inaccurate due to it being drawn.

3) You didn't remember the commands.

4) You try and prove me wrong with your idea (from 1 and 3) as to how its only fractions of a second off, which it isn't i might add.

5) Here's an accurate demo, from approximately the same spot as the actual command was given from:

https://mega.co.nz/#!jgxERBrb!VltjAAGomyDlFdTQjkbvrw7_Geg8mej9kI-9pshLQDo

6) This whole 3 second thing you bring up is of no relevance. Here is the 3 Second rule quoted from the MOTD:

"All CTs may tell terrorists to drop their guns/throw their grenades/molotovs/flashbangs/smoke grenades if they have them. CTs must clearly address the terorrist by name and give them 3 seconds to comply."

This is 3 seconds to begin the command, not a 3 second skew of which direction is faster. Don't twist the MOTD.

7) You quoted this from the MOTD:

"f. If there is a questionable route (such as going left or right of box cage) then Warden should specify which way they want terrorist to go."

As I mentioned, nobody questioned the command, as it is not questionable. This is shown in the previous image as being a CLEARLY shorter route. Let me state that again, a CLEARLY shorter route. There is no QUESTION of that.

Don't forget, you brought this here, not me.

Lol I cared not for this, he threatened to take it to forums. So I felt he was a respectable enough player for me to respond, and I did with terrible vengeance. GG

Seeing as you cant prove the location of the marker and over half the ts were killed in this case I am still going to contend that the marker was not on that side of the doorway. You are implying that I am not smart enough to figure out to go through the door which I take offense to.

At this point I give up and will not contend this further.

I realize I need to calm down sorry about makinf a huge deal about this but I do believe there needs to be an acceptable limit on detours at this point...if this is going to become the new normal killwhore technique on jailbreak.

Edited by Joscal

Go ask beerman where it was as well. I'd like to note that Beerman was also on your side of this. Im sure he still remembers where it was. Demon was present as well.

By all means, demo away.