Sign in to follow this  
Deadpool

Server Population... Seriously

What are you reasons for it being lowered? I never have had a problem with it. Server doesn't lag, everything works.

In my opinion the benefits outweight you guys crying that you got killed right when a round starts, TTT is one of our highest populated servers and brings people to the forums. It also makes us quite a bit of money monthly through donations to keep our other servers alive.

People have stated reasons on why it should be lowered and you sir have not stated any of the benefits of having a 42 slot server that I haven't seen you play on in awhile.

42 sots =

• massive rdm
  • difficulty in admining because of 5-8 rdm complaints per round
  • TONS of people talking at once making it practically impossible for anyone to hear or understand a call out or beneficial information

It's true the server doesn't lag and everything works, but increasing the pop to an unreasonable amount is fucking stupid. If anything make a second TTT server instead of cramming a shit ton of people on one server. Obviously TTT is one of sG's most populated servers, it fucking kicks ass. So make a second one so we have two badass 28 slot servers instead. 28 + 28 = 56. So instead of a shit ton of complaints on a single server with 42 players, you have two servers which can allow an extra 14 players to play at a time compared to your single 42. More players = more donations, more population, more popularity, happier players, and happier admins. Keep it the way it is and all your going to do is turn our beloved ttt server into a target for mass rdm'rs and eventually it's going to kill the server.

Get wrekt by math

Anyways, yeah that sounds like a great idea, except we'd have to balance out the number of SOs and get some more to keep up with two servers

\

Get wrekt by math

Anyways, yeah that sounds like a great idea, except we'd have to balance out the number of SOs and get some more to keep up with two servers

Supper straff will take care of the discipline on one of the servers happily.

True.

What are you reasons for it being lowered? I never have had a problem with it. Server doesn't lag, everything works.

In my opinion the benefits outweight you guys crying that you got killed right when a round starts, TTT is one of our highest populated servers and brings people to the forums. It also makes us quite a bit of money monthly through donations to keep our other servers alive.

People have stated reasons on why it should be lowered and you sir have not stated any of the benefits of having a 42 slot server that I haven't seen you play on in awhile.

42 sots =

• massive rdm
  • TONS of people talking at once making it practically impossible for anyone to hear or understand a call out or beneficial information

It's true the server doesn't lag and everything works, but increasing the pop to an unreasonable amount is fucking stupid. If anything make a second TTT server instead of cramming a shit ton of people on one server. Obviously TTT is one of sG's most populated servers, it fucking kicks ass. So make a second one so we have two badass 28 slot servers instead. 28 + 28 = 56. So instead of a shit ton of complaints on a single server with 42 players, you have two servers which can allow an extra 14 players to play at a time compared to your single 42. More players = more donations, more population, more popularity, happier players, and happier admins. Keep it the way it is and all your going to do is turn our beloved ttt server into a target for mass rdm'rs and eventually it's going to kill the server.

Get wrekt by math

With the amount of SO's I see on everyday plus the paying admins both servers could easily be monitored by the current amount. WCS had two servers at one point and they were full up. TTT should be allowed the same chance it had.

42 sots =

• massive rdm

Get wrekt by math

With the amount of SO's I see on everyday plus the paying admins both servers could easily be monitored by the current amount. WCS had two servers at one point and they were full up. TTT should be allowed the same chance it had.

Yeah, normally when Im on I see around 3 SOs at the max, one of which is usually AFK

At most 6 Premiums...

It's impractical to change. It inhibits players who do not abuse chat in the long run and allows difficult communication between admins to people they are trying to question. Overall, it becomes more of a hassle than a help.

Purpose is not mean to inhibit. It is supposed to add another layer of roleplay to TTT. Now when you try to kill someone all he has to do is yell on his mic and everyone on the server can hear, as compared to if it were dynamic if you were near you or others near could only hear it. Also there shouldn't be difficultly in communicating with admins since we have a system of reporting people. 5 year olds will learn that they can't deal with their problems by sitting there bitching on their mic along with 5 other people. TTT in it's current state is a bunch of 12 year olds whining and nothing more than a Deathmatch because global voice allows people to call people out across the map.

fitememom

lol staff dont give a fuck about anything other thank rank

once we have accepted 42slot it will be pushed to 64

i honestly havent played ttt in forever just because i lost admin am punished through gameplay for playermuting 3/4 of the people i think are faggot micspamming tubbles impersonators

proximity might fix this and let our jew overlords keep playercount high

We should like get radius or dynamic voice. Shit would change TTT forever for the better.

We actually did it for a couple rounds the other day. It was awesome. I recommend two 28 servers, one as it is now and the other with proximity Mic and possibly other mods.

lol staff dont give a fuck about anything other than rank

i honestly havent played ttt in forever just because i lost admin am punished through gameplay for playermuting 3/4 of the people i think are faggot micspamming tubbles impersonators

Beggining to believe this is true. The only staff I ever see on ttt anymore is centran and winter and they aren't even the one(s) editing server.

Edited by Reaper0470

Beggining to believe this is true. The only staff I ever see on ttt anymore is centran and winter and they aren't even the one(s) editing server.

Centran makes most of the edits to the server, the only other person making edits now is me.

Boomstick isn't getting a nerf it is fine as it is. Stay far away from them if they have one don't stand in small area's or if you are detective just don't let a traitor get one in the first place, problem solved.

If you're like me and suck at sniping then taking detectives out from a far is pretty hard. I just think the damage needs to be toned down a bit. I've been a good 30 feet away from somebody with a boomstick and I got dropped from 100 to 25 in one shot.

I've been on TTT like, three times, and all 3 times Zach has been on. I don't think that's coincidence.

Stop dissin on Zach. He does good for the server, just because he cant be there 24/7 doesn't mean he does nothing. Although, I do think we need to drop the server pop a little, but whatever decision is made, lets wait a while to see if things improve, we haven't had the 42 slots for that long yet.

@ reaper

i doubt there will ever be 2 TTT servers. no one wants to split up the population. hence why we've never done 2 JB servers, 2 ZM servers, etc. the only exception has been WCS and that was because there was 2 different engineers for it and a different population on each server.

just remember your opinions don't matter. a direct quote from staff:

"they help support our community financially because that's what we ultimately need, beyond everything else."

lol. so us needing money to support the server because we don't want to pay for the server out of pocket means we won't ever listen to opinions?

you're a hardheaded motherfucker.

Edited by Sketchmaticx

@ reaper

i doubt there will ever be 2 TTT servers. no one wants to split up the population. hence why we've never done 2 JB servers, 2 ZM servers, etc. the only exception has been WCS and that was because there was 2 different engineers for it and a different population on each server.

"they help support our community financially because that's what we ultimately need, beyond everything else."

lol. so us needing money to support the server because we don't want to pay for the server out of pocket means we won't ever listen to opinions?

i never said you NEVER listen to them and I know you don't make the final decision when it comes to big server changes, so it wasn't directed toward you in the first place.

what I'm saying is at the end of the day it's whatever makes the most money is what is going to happen.

@ reaper

i never said you NEVER listen to them and I know you don't make the final decision when it comes to big server changes, so it wasn't directed toward you in the first place.

what I'm saying is at the end of the day it's whatever makes the most money is what is going to happen.

well, we can't listen to everyone. everyone on staff has opinions just like everyone that plays the servers has opinions. if someone on staff has the same opinion as someone that is playing on the server, that opinion is more likely to be noticed and discussed. if someone wants their opinion heard, they're going to have to be noticed by staff and the idea ideally not be retarded and be viable to staff's eyes. i know it wasn't exactly directed towards me, but there's only a couple people it could have been directed to, and i'm going to stick up for most of what staff does/decides, because i'm a part of staff. if i'm in the minority it doesn't matter, because majority rules pretty much everywhere.

what makes the most money and has the least consequences is pretty much the general idea of everything, isn't it? you guys have the choice to report everyone that is abusing with their paymin, and representation isn't exactly a bad thing. sure you might be ticked off that some paymin isn't listening to you or looking into your RDM complaint, but that's not their job. maybe they're rocketing or doing stupid shit with their admin, but you can report the abusers, and don't pay attention to the ones that do nothing. it's their money, and they choose to support the server while you guys that complain about the paymin system don't.

just to bring something up since everyone has a problem with paymins/people not having admin/not enough admins - the SO system is there for a reason. if you guys think someone is doing a great job or is always in the server and you think would be beneficial to have them as an SO, then recommend them and get them noticed. it's known that staff doesn't exactly play TTT except for zach/centran, and even then, they can't be on at all times.

@ reaper

JB and ZM would never need two servers. None are really that difficult to handle. On JB its cts telling t's what to do. T's can't mass rdm people and if a ct does they get fuckin powned. ZE would never need two servers because it's impossible to fuck anything up with a shit ton of people. It's ct's running from zombies, how is that difficult? Never played WCS just knew it had 2 servers and did pretty well.

TTT is a whole new game mode that has 3 different groups of people able to fuck up the server either buy killing the fellow t's or killing everyone in sight. A larger population turns the server into a giant death match which, if able to get every complaint, involves banning probably the extra 14 players that have been added. If our single ttt server at 28 slots gets filled up quickly with people waiting to jump in when someone leaves, a second ttt server seems like a good idea. Then those people waiting can jump into the second server and fill that one up to. Our current SO's and good paymins could easily monitor two ttt servers. Zach says centran still helps modify the server. if true then have zach manage one and centran the other.

From that you have the two eng's plus enough SO's and players to support two servers. I'm not jumping at this topic without thinking it through. Is it possible a second server wouldn't do as well as the first? yes it's possible, but from what happens now it would seem that two servers would do pretty well and we won't know for sure unless we gave it a try for even just a month as a test drive.

lol staff dont give a fuck about anything other thank rank

Honestly that would be really fun

rounds would end faster because more detectives and T's, and the chaos would be a comedy of errors

@ reaper

JB and ZM would never need two servers. None are really that difficult to handle. On JB its cts telling t's what to do. T's can't mass rdm people and if a ct does they get fuckin powned. ZE would never need two servers because it's impossible to fuck anything up with a shit ton of people. It's ct's running from zombies, how is that difficult? Never played WCS just knew it had 2 servers and did pretty well.

TTT is a whole new game mode that has 3 different groups of people able to fuck up the server either buy killing the fellow t's or killing everyone in sight. A larger population turns the server into a giant death match which, if able to get every complaint, involves banning probably the extra 14 players that have been added. If our single ttt server at 28 slots gets filled up quickly with people waiting to jump in when someone leaves, a second ttt server seems like a good idea. Then those people waiting can jump into the second server and fill that one up to. Our current SO's and good paymins could easily monitor two ttt servers. Zach says centran still helps modify the server. if true then have zach manage one and centran the other.

From that you have the two eng's plus enough SO's and players to support two servers. I'm not jumping at this topic without thinking it through. Is it possible a second server wouldn't do as well as the first? yes it's possible, but from what happens now it would seem that two servers would do pretty well and we won't know for sure unless we gave it a try for even just a month as a test drive.

I'm totally in support for this, and offer myself as tribute to the other server.

@ reaper

I'm totally in support for this, and offer myself as tribute to the other server.

It's a good idea, but the people I really enjoy playing with are the admins. Splitting everyone up, in my opinion, will tear a rift in the energy and flow of the server (however sporadic that flow or energy is). Opinions? Comments?

Everyone would just try to get into the first server. The second server wouldn't get over 18 people seeing as the current limit of 42 isn't reached very often. The second server would most likely be dead or have a very low population in it most of the time.