Sign in to follow this  
Deadpool

Server Population... Seriously

I know two threads have already been made about this, but the server population really needs to be lowered. The game just doesn't work with 30+ players on the server, and it is more of a detriment to the server than a help. It would honestly be a lot better just having a waitlist for the server, rather than a huge population.

What are you reasons for it being lowered? I never have had a problem with it. Server doesn't lag, everything works.

In my opinion the benefits outweight you guys crying that you got killed right when a round starts, TTT is one of our highest populated servers and brings people to the forums. It also makes us quite a bit of money monthly through donations to keep our other servers alive.

I enjoy the chaos, when there aren't that many people rounds are over in a flash with either the 2 terrorists being overwhelmed or them getting a boom stick for a win.

What are you reasons for it being lowered? I never have had a problem with it. Server doesn't lag, everything works.

In my opinion the benefits outweight you guys crying that you got killed right when a round starts, TTT is one of our highest populated servers and brings people to the forums. It also makes us quite a bit of money monthly through donations to keep our other servers alive.

its really clustered and a chaos, I understand it is active and you wish to keep it, but i find myself playing less and less due to this, admin have openly said before they are doing anything for single RDMs because there is way to much cluster and its to much to handle. Its causing admins to not do things / have to do A lot more and becomes less enjoyable. is there a possibility of making a 2nd TTT server and lowering the current one to 24 or 28?

I found it rather enjoyable, reminds me of crackhouse on wcs where bullets and mayhem was everywhere... Good times, and it doesn't lag so it's okay.

The chaos just makes it more fun.

Edited by JMaFia

People have stated reasons on why it should be lowered and you sir have not stated any of the benefits of having a 42 slot server that I haven't seen you play on in awhile.

42 sots =

• massive rdm
  • difficulty in admining because of 5-8 rdm complaints per round
  • TONS of people talking at once making it practically impossible for anyone to hear or understand a call out or beneficial information

It's true the server doesn't lag and everything works, but increasing the pop to an unreasonable amount is fucking stupid. If anything make a second TTT server instead of cramming a shit ton of people on one server. Obviously TTT is one of sG's most populated servers, it fucking kicks ass. So make a second one so we have two badass 28 slot servers instead. 28 + 28 = 56. So instead of a shit ton of complaints on a single server with 42 players, you have two servers which can allow an extra 14 players to play at a time compared to your single 42. More players = more donations, more population, more popularity, happier players, and happier admins. Keep it the way it is and all your going to do is turn our beloved ttt server into a target for mass rdm'rs and eventually it's going to kill the server.

My problem with more than 28 people is that not all of the maps are armed with enough guns, and some maps are impossible to play with over 30 people :<

My problem with more than 28 people is that not all of the maps are armed with enough guns, and some maps are impossible to play with over 30 people :<

whitehouse has a total of like 10 guns :L

TTT is full of chaos and RDM it doesn't matter how many people are on, thats the nature of the game. Learn to play with more people. If someone is spamming mic mute them, if you're an admin that is what your job is.

If the server is running fine with no problems there is really no reason to decrease player count and two servers will never work.

Just because something changes doesn't mean we should go back to the way it was before.

Edited by ZachPL

TTT is full of chaos and RDM it doesn't matter how many people are on, thats the nature of the game. Learn to play with more people. If someone is spamming mic mute them, if you're an admin that is what your job is.

If the server is running fine with no problems there is really no reason to decrease player count and two servers will never work.

Just because something changes doesn't mean we should go back to the way it was before.

I get what you're saying, but the game really is completely different with more people. The rounds last a lot longer, and most of the maps just aren't meant for 30+ people. You seem to see people just huddling around and then they get Jihaded. Or you try to call someone out but there are 8 other people talking about who's confirmed inno or who's a traitor.

I mean it's great that the server doesn't lag and that it makes money, but the game itself just works better with less people.

People have stated reasons on why it should be lowered and you sir have not stated any of the benefits of having a 42 slot server that I haven't seen you play on in awhile.

42 sots =

• massive rdm
  • difficulty in admining because of 5-8 rdm complaints per round
  • TONS of people talking at once making it practically impossible for anyone to hear or understand a call out or beneficial information

It's true the server doesn't lag and everything works, but increasing the pop to an unreasonable amount is fucking stupid. If anything make a second TTT server instead of cramming a shit ton of people on one server. Obviously TTT is one of sG's most populated servers, it fucking kicks ass. So make a second one so we have two badass 28 slot servers instead. 28 + 28 = 56. So instead of a shit ton of complaints on a single server with 42 players, you have two servers which can allow an extra 14 players to play at a time compared to your single 42. More players = more donations, more population, more popularity, happier players, and happier admins. Keep it the way it is and all your going to do is turn our beloved ttt server into a target for mass rdm'rs and eventually it's going to kill the server.

It's nearly Impossible to admin, like reaper said. There is not enough time between the rounds to hear the stories of the players who were rdm'd and there is no way to make a decision on whether or not we should slay them.

So if it's the nature of the game then we should take rdm off the motd since it's "the nature".

And you still haven't given any benefits.

Edited by Reaper0470

Im sorry zach, i dont think your in the right place to say that when you are on the server 2 days out of the month. when people try and have conversation or even discuss a previous round it turns into a mess and what can be done? they cant be gagged its not mic spawn. Just play on the Server a lot and you will find yourself not enjoying it aswell. a lot of the regulars are here expressing it and you are not trying to hear us.

Because winter made it ok to make jewish jokes.

http://coinstar.ytmnd.com/

Edited by Oreo

We should like get radius or dynamic voice. Shit would change TTT forever for the better.

That's already been discussed and it's most likely not going to be changed.

idgaf change it