Sign in to follow this  
Windmill

a question of all questions

Is it possible to hook up two monitors so they create a landscape but are rendered by two different machines? For example, if I hooked up a laptop to a monitor via hdmi that my desktop is also hooked up to, would it be possible to render what is on my desktop on both monitors in a landscape but have each render for only one monitor? Aw yeaaaaaaa

wat

at first glance, the answer is no

at second glance, the answer is no

maybe rephrase is needed

A laptop and external monitor is hooked up creating a landscape(you can drag shit from one monitor to another). But a desktop renders what is on the external monitor and the laptop renders what is on the laptop.

Edited by Blackmanvoice

That's exactly what I wanted. You, sir, have my thanks. I can repay you with nudes as long as you don't show mitch

>: (

would be pretty cool if you could drag windows between the computers

synergy-foss is still pretty baller

synergy-foss wasn't working for me, but I found a similar program called mouses without borders. You can allegedly drag windows across with this program, but I haven't been able to do it yet.

A laptop and external monitor is hooked up creating a landscape(you can drag shit from one monitor to another). But a desktop renders what is on the external monitor and the laptop renders what is on the laptop.

synergy-foss wasn't working for me, but I found a similar program called mouses without borders. You can allegedly drag windows across with this program, but I haven't been able to do it yet.

Is there any reason you can't just use a remote desktop session such as MSTSC? It's fairly easy to setup and that's what I use to access my home server from within the network, just pop up a session and log into the 2nd computer. So all that the other computer needs is to have power and an ethernet connection and you can full control it.

https://www.microsoft.com/resources/documentation/windows/xp/all/proddocs/en-us/ts_cmd_mstsc.mspx?mfr=true

Is there any reason you can't just use a remote desktop session such as MSTSC? It's fairly easy to setup and that's what I use to access my home server from within the network, just pop up a session and log into the 2nd computer. So all that the other computer needs is to have power and an ethernet connection and you can full control it.

https://www.microsof...c.mspx?mfr=true

But then TeamViewer would be so much simpler, plus you can control different computers via Android/iOS interfaces along with windows

https://www.microsof...c.mspx?mfr=true

But then TeamViewer would be so much simpler, plus you can control different computers via Android/iOS interfaces along with windows

Well if were talking about viewing over the internet and such then that's a completely different realm. All you have to do is name the computer you want to connect to, share that computer, then that's it. It's a built in MS service for managing local computers, also if your internet went down would you be able to use TeamViewer? I honestly don't know, I don't know how it does everything.