Sign in to follow this  
Mitch

Real talk

Anyone have tips on how to get over a bad breakup? My girlfriend of a year and a half just sort of broke up with me out of the blue and I'm sort of... lost for words at this point because I thought things were going fine.

I know this forum/community to some of you isn't the best place to disclose or share your feelings or personal lives, but you guys are literally the only people left I can turn to for help. Troll/laugh at me or not, IDC but I need any advice tips or help you can give me.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 2

Anyone have tips on how to get over a bad breakup? My girlfriend of a year and a half just sort of broke up with me out of the blue and I'm sort of... lost for words at this point because I thought things were going fine.

I know this forum/community to some of you isn't the best place to disclose or share your feelings or personal lives, but you guys are literally the only people left I can turn to for help. Troll/laugh at me or not, IDC but I need any advice tips or help you can give me.

Hang out with friends, or people you no that'll bring a smile to ur face :)

Edited by shikaku

Find a new girl. Sure friends help, but another girl will help much more.

I personally wouldn't recommend that. I'd say that he should definitely have to get over that first girl.

You might be able to distract yourself with friends and activities, but only time and acceptance is going to heal this wound.

Like Pantera said don't just jump into any relationship to soon.... take some time to get over her before you move on.

Time heals all wounds I guess, I generally find just getting back into a regular routine without a girlfriend takes adjustment but once you manage it you'll feel better

In the meantime just try to recover, just don't take too long, that's when you're gonna start to take steps backwards

Edited by Mr British

I personally wouldn't recommend that. I'd say that he should definitely have to get over that first girl.

You might be able to distract yourself with friends and activities, but only time and acceptance is going to heal this wound.

I'm not saying plunge into a new relationship, I'm saying find another girl to take your mind off of the previous. It's what worked for me after a 3 year relationship.

Go hang out with friends, don't fucking plunge right into another relationship if one presents itself.

My problem is that we started going out after meeting at college orientation. All our friends at college know both of us, and it's come to that point where they are like... yeah Alvin, because you aren't going out with her anymore... see you around yeah?

:l

Go hang out with friends, don't fucking plunge right into another relationship if one presents itself.

My problem is that we started going out after meeting at college orientation. All our friends at college know both of us, and it's come to that point where they are like... yeah Alvin, because you aren't going out with her anymore... see you around yeah?

if they're acting like that then they never were your friends

That sucks. A friend of mine is currently in a situation like that. He's moving back home (Columbia) to finish college because it sucks down there.

if they're acting like that then they never were your friends

Drop them man, don't waste your time trying to be their friends if that's how it is. She broke up with you out of the blue, why would they take her side? In addition to that, join a club. I can't tell you how many people you can meet from being in club. Talk to people that are in your field of study. I am a Junior and I literally just met a really cool group of guys in the physics department because I started to just hang out in the physics lab on my time off. Get out there and meet people, the best way to get over someone is meeting new people and having fun. I can honestly say being alone doesn't help.

Work on yourself and make yourself happy. One day you will find a girl. But do not rush into another relationship. Not a good thing to do. Only get into a relationship if you feel the girl is right for you. Otherwise, if you rebound and find a new girl, then you may not last with her. You have to get over your ex first. Believe me, I would know. Ive been with the same girl for 3 years, and we have our problems, but we work it out together. Before her, if I got broke up with, I would just rebound and find another girl. Did that alot, never really liked over half the girls I dated. Focus on hanging out with people you used to hang out with but now you dont. Make sure you are content with your life. If not, change it. Best advice I can give to you honestly.

Edited by The Dλrk Knight Rises

I wish you lived close to me so we could hang out and I could help get your mind off things.

Guest Fohacidal

Everyone is going off of the assumption he lead a normal relationship. From what you told me mitch about how you and her "hung out" I saw this coming. I probably even said shit wouldnt last.

Your to young to be worrying about a relationship mang, Just fuck bitches and get money. From now on you have college to worry about not pussy. Pussy comes easy, college doesn't.

Edit: Just don't waste your life on something that's not needed in the point of time you are in.

Edited by Tobi

KLARKKKKKKKKKKKKKKK

All jokes aside, as everyone else has said, just relax. You're young and in college, people are going to flip flop on everything so don't take it too hard to your heart. Look at the aspects of your relationship and evaluate it. Based on what Foh said, if you guys were more fuck buddies than an actual couple(i'm making an assumption, excuse me if i'm wrong) then it's kind of a go-figure thing. The best you can do about it is focus on your life and try to get through that period of feeling like shit. Spend time with friends, hobbies, etc and just try to learn from the relationship so future ones are better.