Sign in to follow this  
JWB10

Paying Admins in JB

I was going to post about this last night wondering what pre-req was for paidmins but just messaged staff to clarify instead. My intentions were the same as JWB and others above, not to complain about a specific new paidmins (although a recent addition was the one who made me even think to bring it up) but to understand if anything could be done if this paidmins continued to fail at understanding basic MOTD rules.

The issue for me was not admin aboose, instead a complete lack of understanding of the rules of the game. (Baiting, free killing, camping ect). My experience on SG JB has been pretty good when it comes to paidmins, however after the past couple of days it may not be a bad idea to test people on the basics. Letting an admin Learn how to use their admin abilities like respawning, giving guns, ect is understandable and will always have a learning curve, but they should not be on a basic MOTD learning curve at the same time.

I know right now the only thing to do is to gather and report if it continues (in this case it is hard to prove at times) but I think it is worth thinking about a screening process for paidmins to prevent this going forward.

-Karl

The issue for me was not admin aboose, instead a complete lack of understanding of the rules of the game. (Baiting, free killing, camping ect). My experience on SG JB has been pretty good when it comes to paidmins, however after the past couple of days it may not be a bad idea to test people on the basics. Letting an admin Learn how to use their admin abilities like respawning, giving guns, ect is understandable and will always have a learning curve, but they should not be on a basic MOTD learning curve at the same time.

Yeah, this is exactly what I was trying to get at. It's not even necessarily abuse that's the problem, it's the inexperience not just as an admin but as a player.

Edited by JWB10

Simply have them read the rules and agree to them before buying admin, they must fully understand the rules; and if they don't they shouldn't be prepared to buy admin. If they break the rules 3 times total (must be a relatively serious offense, like slaying, slapping, banning, kicking, etc., when not prohibited), they're banned from buying admin, and could possibly be banned from the server all together. Whats more important, the integriy of the server, or earning money by offering a privelage to non-clan members? Include a no-refund policy that way anyone who buys admin, or is interested in purchasing it, knows the risk and understands it is a mature privelage to have. If they break the rules, they agree that there are no-refunds and that their admin will be revoked. This will help prevent people from abusing admin and breaking the rules; the buyer will be clearly notified that if they abuse their admin, it will be taken away and they won't be able to get their money back.

Maybe these kinds of measures are already implemented, but thats how I would handle it as an ex-server owner. Just my two cents. :D

Simply have them read the rules and agree to them before buying admin, they must fully understand the rules; and if they don't they shouldn't be prepared to buy admin. If they break the rules 3 times total (must be a relatively serious offense, like slaying, slapping, banning, kicking, etc., when not prohibited), they're banned from buying admin, and could possibly be banned from the server all together. Whats more important, the integriy of the server, or earning money by offering a privelage to non-clan members? Include a no-refund policy that way anyone who buys admin, or is interested in purchasing it, knows the risk and understands it is a mature privelage to have. If they break the rules, they agree that there are no-refunds and that their admin will be revoked. This will help prevent people from abusing admin and breaking the rules; the buyer will be clearly notified that if they abuse their admin, it will be taken away and they won't be able to get their money back.

Maybe these kinds of measures are already implemented, but that's how I would handle it as an ex-server owner. Just my two cents. :D

Basically, if we get reports about someone abusing their admin, be it a rank'ed admin, or a paidmin, they are spoken to.

If it happens again (depending on the severity) they are either given another warning, or get their admin restricted for a few days.

This is usually enough to 'smarten' up the admins. Very rarely does it have to go farther than this.

it would be cool if we could have a questionnaire about the motd, that they have to fill out, and is automatically judged, before they can get their admin... that would be cool.

I didn't read any of this except for the first post... but I remember back in the day when there was supposed to be an "Admin School" implemented.

This obviously never happened, but I still do think it is a good idea to get something like this going, if people were to have enough time to do so.

I didn't read any of this except for the first post... but I remember back in the day when there was supposed to be an "Admin School" implemented.

This obviously never happened, but I still do think it is a good idea to get something like this going, if people were to have enough time to do so.

I only played JB for like a hour and I got very bored. So out of boredom this thought came into my mind when I started to read this thread:

*sG | BLiNDBoi [sO] joins server...

*Random person: **bitches about a rule breaker after breaking quite a few rules them self**

*sG | BLiNDBoi [sO]: Don't worry guys I got this problem solved!

*sG | BLiNDBoi [sO]: !slay @all

***Repeats for 5-10 rounds***

*sG | BLiNDBoi [sO]: Any questions?

*Random person: yes! can you stop slaying us?

*sG | BLiNDBoi [sO]: Sure I can! I will go to plan B

*sG | BLiNDBoi [sO]: !ban @all <-- I don't even know if that this command works, temptation is moderate.

I think school will be needed for me when regarding JB, but for now I'll keep my paws on the WCS server.

*sG | BLiNDBoi [sO]: !ban @all <-- I don't even know if that this command works, temptation is moderate.

it doesn't, at least not anymore.

Good. lol