Sign in to follow this  
JWB10

Paying Admins in JB

It came to my attention today that there is a new admin in JB, who I'm not going to publicly name, who isn't very experienced with the rules and nuances of Jailbreak. For example, this person, attempted to ban a player for 600 minutes for freekilling two people and earlier had broken rules such as vent camping themselves. While I'm not trying to complain about this person specifically (hence this is not in the complaint forum), I would like to promote the idea that there be some sort of minimum requirements, whether it be in the form of playing time or even a simple "motd test", that would ensure paying admins are equipped and knowledgeable enough to effectively administrate.

Bottom line is, while I understand admin payments are probably a significant source of income for sG, I think in order to preserve the integrity of the server and the game, I believe we ought to make sure paying admins know the rules that we expect them to enforce.

Bottom line is, while I understand admin payments are probably a significant source of income for sG, I think in order to preserve the integrity of the server and the game, I believe we ought to make sure paying admins know the rules that we expect them to enforce.

Oh god if only you were on last night..

The integrity...

I was online last haha, kind of makes my point on this seem a bit insignificant, eh?

But even so, it's all good to goof around like last night, but when serious rounds are going on, having an inept admin on impacts the game quite negatively.

I was too and I definitely agree JWB10. I think that all paid admins should have a minimum prerequisite of 24-40 hours played on the sG JB server in order to gain access to admin commands (and if possible given a guide on how to admin with all the commands and shit so there won't be a repeat of what happened last night).

Edited by Faptastic

I'm not gonna say requirements need to be done, but I think there should be a set of rules for paidmins. Some of the newer ones will slay anyone who killed them, even if it wasn't a freekill. I know they are a great source of income for sG, and by all means don't make it harder to get paidmin, but there should be rules and guidelines they should have to agree to, before they are allowed paidmin. And if they break these rules several times, they lose their admin until they pay for them again.

Edited by jbandito

In addition, I like what Fap said about admins getting a guide on how to actually admin. When I got mine, I was lost for about a week before I figured out many of the commands.

paidmins have and will be warned/punished for breaking the rules on the server. feel free to make an actual complaint with proof and the situation can be dealt with easily.

I don't disagree with you and if I was able to record a demo or get proof, I probably would have put in a complaint.

My objective here is to just prevent what would lead to these complaints in the first place is all.

Adding a test of the Motd would be great, There are alot of admins who just respawn themselves once they die to mess around on the map then they forget they respawn themselves and delay the round even more. Then there are admins who unmute themselves right when the round starts for no apparent reasons . Then there are admins who only use their powers when they get freekilled. I think paid admins as a whole just need to be talked to and need to learn what is acceptable and what isn't.

Adding a test of the Motd would be great, There are alot of admins who just respawn themselves once they die to mess around on the map then they forget they respawn themselves and delay the round even more. Then there are admins who unmute themselves right when the round starts for no apparent reasons . Then there are admins who only use their powers when they get freekilled. I think paid admins as a whole just need to be talked to and need to learn what is acceptable and what isn't.

i only occasionally respawn myself when dead just to fuck about, but before i got staff, i ALWAYS unmuted myself in the beginning of the round. sometimes admins cant be assed to type. definitely not saying they dont NEED to do it and i'm damn sure not defending them. It's just that sometimes the senior admins, SOs, and Staff paint this abusive picture that looks fun as hell and new paidmins think that since we do it, it must be okay.

This has been reported multiple times and still happens. When you call the admin's out they say don't care. I'm a high admin or they ignore you.

Mitch also posted in the thread telling them to stop. Obviously someone needs to have a Group Chat with all the JB Admins and explain some stuff to them. I've seen admins no clip to follow someone into a vent, to see who it is. I've seen them no clip into a closed vent. Not worth reporting because nothing comes of it.

i only occasionally respawn myself when dead just to fuck about, but before i got staff, i ALWAYS unmuted myself in the beginning of the round. sometimes admins cant be assed to type. definitely not saying they dont NEED to do it and i'm damn sure not defending them. It's just that sometimes the senior admins, SOs, and Staff paint this abusive picture that looks fun as hell and new paidmins think that since we do it, it must be okay.

Tortoise I wasn't targeting anyone who is in sG and doesn't pay for admin, the first complaint about the respawning was a complaint towards most of the regular JB admin+, then the second about unmuting was about people just unmuting themselves to talk and not to do anything productive. I have asked JWB which admin he was talking about and he is in JB right now unmuted for no reason.

If you see a paying admin abuse then report them. To actually test them we have to have Marvin to tell us who recently bought admin, track them down, quiz them, and then either refund them or give them a pass grade. The alternative would be to have them message staff then take a test then give them permission to pay for admin. Either way unnecessary work for staff. Just record them and report them and they will be dealt with or if there are senior admins/SOs in the server they should be correcting paying admins.

I think there should be some type of time limit that they must be on JB / Forums almost like to join sG. 3 Month Period ETC. The user in question has been playing jb only for a total time of 2 days 09:13:34 hours. Need to impose some type of time limit.

..you realize that's over 50 hours right? That is plenty of time.

I do realize the hours. In my opinion it needs to be more this is why this post is in the "IDEA'S" section. So we can give our "IDEA'S" Obviously the guy in question is raising questions and concerns.

The respawning has been around for a while. As long as there were multiple admins on, assuring that there's still a monitoring of whats going on, there was never really an issue with doing it. Meowmix would even do the giant body piles back in '10. As for the unmuting, SO's on JB last time I checked were always automatically unmuted, at least on the CSS server, because if you have a microphone it's much easier to speak on issues then type it out slowly, especially if you're a T and a move order is given halfway through your typing.

Edited by Oreo

The respawning has been around for a while. As long as there were multiple admins on, assuring that there's still a monitoring of whats going on, there was never really an issue with doing it. Meowmix would even do the giant body piles back in '10. As for the unmuting, SO's on JB last time I checked were always automatically unmuted, at least on the CSS server, because if you have a microphone it's much easier to speak on issues then type it out slowly, especially if you're a T and a move order is given halfway through your typing.

Okay I tried to avoid names but you guys are getting the wrong idea about who I am talking about for the respawning this I was talking about synopsis, He spawns himself all the time to mess around in the map then forgets he's last T or ct and delays the round even more, Another respawn issue is with Infested Marine respawning Demon in front of him to kill him multiple times even when he is asked to stop by Demon. The unmuting thing is about most paidmins(not sG rank) hell I even did it, but i was told I wasn't allowed to do that. This complaint was about Rainc. I understand So's are unmuted and I wasn't talking about anyone that held rank in sG only Paidmins.

Okay I tried to avoid names but you guys are getting the wrong idea about who I am talking about for the respawning this I was talking about synopsis, He spawns himself all the time to mess around in the map then forgets he's last T or ct and delays the round even more, Another respawn issue is with Infested Marine respawning Demon in front of him to kill him multiple times even when he is asked to stop by Demon. The unmuting thing is about most paidmins(not sG rank) hell I even did it, but i was told I wasn't allowed to do that. This complaint was about Rainc. I understand So's are unmuted and I wasn't talking about anyone that held rank in sG only Paidmins.

That is a major no-no.

Like others have said. Get proof and post in the complaint department.

We have had some bad admins who have shaped up nicely after having their admin removed and having a talking to. They have become good admins.

We have also had some people that just don't get it and have had to remove their admin permanently.

Normally we don't have to remove admin permanently because the people abusing throw a bitch fit when the admin is taken away for a couple days and they try to charge back the paypal purchase. The ones who are good normally take their punishment and become better because of it.

But it all comes down to us knowing about the issue. So, we need proof posted.

Edited by centran

Tbh I occasionally respawn myself well like once in a 50 rounds and I know it really shouldn't be done but I don't see any harm in unmuting theirselves to instruct ppl not to spam.

I do not deny respawning myself. I also, do not deny delaying the round, but i have also been confronted, and i only do it when i know i am not interfering with the round in any way. I am no longer respawning myself and delaying rounds. So yeah.

I do not deny respawning myself. I also, do not deny delaying the round, but i have also been confronted, and i only do it when i know i am not interfering with the round in any way. I am no longer respawning myself and delaying rounds. So yeah.

Still gay tho.