Sign in to follow this  
Goldentongue

Barack Obama Re-Elected as President

Welp, time to move to Sweden before shit hits the fan. Lack of bipartisianship is going to kill us here as well as the inability to get the debt on track.

Oreo, normally I'm never one to name call, but you're being fucking retarded if you think that moving to one of the most liberal countries in the world solves your problem, when you're a conservative.

I'm more in the middle but I do tend to lean conservative. That being said, i'd rather be in a stable country than what this country is right now and I have no issue with any of Europes laws or regulations. The only point of that post was to show disappointment over where this country will probably head in the next four years. Rising debt that is out of control, failure to pass a decent budget alongside a deadlocked congress and a pretty terrible health care reform don't make the next four years seem all that great. Stealing every penny from every millionaire, would fund the government for just three months, yet for some reason people feel that large cuts on not just the upper class, but the middle class would help pull us out. In reality it's probably going to slow down the economic recovery from the crash of 2008 and with the expectations of the real unemployment figures(estimated 14-15%) to keep rising it's not very realistic to see a recovery. I just felt the economy was a larger issue and Romney would handle it better, civil rights weren't anywhere on my list because it's always going to be a fight between states over that, eventually it will be allowed but for now it's just back and forth in most states. Like srs, the mudslinging is getting annoying.

Welp, time to move to Sweden before shit hits the fan. Lack of bipartisianship is going to kill us here as well as the inability to get the debt on track.

Our country was founded on the lack of bipartisanship. The founding fathers made government, specifically Congress to the extent where one party couldn't overwhelm and control the whole system and that is certainly the case here. The so called "lack" of bipartisanship has always been a key brick in the foundation of our nation's government and always will be. You can't use the "lack of bipartisanship" as a reason of the government's failure. Sure, bipartisanship would be nice getting america's economy back on track but it isn't really necessary. Economists already say that we're improving in terms of the economy. As long as the federal government plays their cards right, we could possibly fix the unemployment rates, the national annual defecits and the debts we owe. It's not a fast process but a long one that will take decades to resolve.

By the way, people seem to forget that Romney had a big hand in planning out Obamacare. He had an idea of his own, similar to Obama's but not the one Obama signed into action.

Actually, the founding fathers warned against a two-party system and viewed it as a hindrance to the country;

John Adams-

"There is nothing which I dread so much as a division of the republic into two great parties, each arranged under its leader, and concerting measures in opposition to each other. This, in my humble apprehension, is to be dreaded as the greatest political evil under our Constitution."

George Washington agreed, saying in his farewell presidential speech:

"The alternate domination of one faction over another, sharpened by the spirit of revenge, natural to party dissension, which in different ages and countries has perpetrated the most horrid enormities, is itself a frightful despotism. But this leads at length to a more formal and permanent despotism. The disorders and miseries, which result, gradually incline the minds of men to seek security and repose in the absolute power of an individual; and sooner or later the chief of some prevailing faction, more able or more fortunate than his competitors, turns this disposition to the purposes of his own elevation, on the ruins of Public Liberty

Without looking forward to an extremity of this kind, (which nevertheless ought not to be entirely out of sight,) the common and continual mischiefs of the spirit of party are sufficient to make it the interest and duty of a wise people to discourage and restrain it.

It serves always to distract the Public Councils, and enfeeble the Public Administration. It agitates the Community with ill-founded jealousies and false alarms; kindles the animosity of one part against another, foments occasionally riot and insurrection. It opens the door to foreign influence and corruption, which find a facilitated access to the government itself through the channels of party passions. Thus the policy and the will of one country are subjected to the policy and will of another.

There is an opinion, that parties in free countries are useful checks upon the administration of the Government, and serve to keep alive the spirit of Liberty. This within certain limits is probably true; and in Governments of a Monarchical cast, Patriotism may look with indulgence, if not with favor, upon the spirit of party. But in those of the popular character, in Governments purely elective, it is a spirit not to be encouraged. From their natural tendency, it is certain there will always be enough of that spirit for every salutary purpose. And, there being constant danger of excess, the effort ought to be, by force of public opinion, to mitigate and assuage it. A fire not to be quenched, it demands a uniform vigilance to prevent its bursting into a flame, lest, instead of warming, it should consume."

They also didn't write the constitution with a partisan system in mind either. However that didn't mean that the American people wouldn't have different opinions, with a multitude of political parties developing over the years, somewhat based off of the early Federalist and Anti-Federalists of the late 1700's as well as other opinions of different conflicting ideas.

The difference between the past political events is that there was an agreement and some things were passed while others weren't. As of right now, we have a terrible system with such examples as Democrats blocking the Republican budget and Republicans stonewalling the Democratic budget in the house, not to mention the Boehner, speaker of the house, walked out of a meeting with Obama on the budget. It's exactly the same on almost everything else that goes on about the biggest issue we've possibly ever had. To say bipartisianship isn't neccesary is stupid. Without being able to actually pass things, we're wasting the valuable time we have before the debt itself gets out of control and we literally turn into a very large-scale Greece or Spain. With the upcoming fiscal cliff looming, it's very frightening of what might happen if neither party gets their act together and passes something that won't just stop the fiscal cliff, but keep the country on the right track. You mention how economists say we're getting out of this hole, when in reality we're not. There are numerous predictions of a second collapse and the fiscal cliff is another major issue as well. Many think that the rising taxes could staunch what little rate of recovery we have now. Such opinions on the matter can be seen here; http://www.washingto...c486_story.html

On the topic of Obamacare, you realize that Obamacare is going to add nearly 2.6 trillion in debt over ten years correct? http://www.theblaze....obama-promised/

Lets not forget all the hidden additions inside of the bill to which Nancy Pelosi replied; “We have to pass the bill so you can find out what is in it.”

Former Speaker Nancy Pelosi, March 2010. http://www.nationalr...ce-marie-turner

Lets also not forget the effects and concerns over the slowing of medical innovation, another hit to the shity economy we have now. http://blog.heritage...cal-innovation/

Oh, and doctors are already considering avoiding medicare patients.

http://www.forbes.co...icare-patients/

Meanwhile, it's effect on jobs will be negative as well as companies try to shoulder paying for healthcare

http://www.naplesnew...to-raise-costs/

It will also raise premiums over the years on health care costs, a finding backed by multiple groups and also agreed upon by Minnesota's department of commerce. http://www.forbes.co...-obama-adviser/

I truly don't understand how this bill could be a good thing, when a vast majority of doctors are against the bill and many others warn of it;'s economic effects.

Federalists 10 and 51.

Read up on them and then get back to me kiddo.

Guest Sandy Balls

It's been obvious who would win for months.

E4AUC.png?1

fuck quality get $$$

I just laugh at everyone on Facebook saying his victory had nothing to do with his skin color. Face it a huge majority of America votes based on what the person looks like and how they talk. 450 African American students waited outside our student center at my campus to vote at 8 am. 448 voted for Obama. 75 were quickly interviewed 68 knew 1 or none political stances of either candidate. Popularity contest like anything else.

Still waiting for Arnold Schwarzenegger to run, we need a muscular president to protect us from terrorism.

Black people have voted democratically forever.

Um, what was the name of that Republican who freed the slaves.....oh yeah Abraham Lincoln.

Don't generalize a race. I voted for Obama the last two elections, but not because he was black.

Vote #1: I would have loved to have seen McCain in the white house. He is very pro military HOWEVER.....McCain looked like he was gonna croak at any second and I couldn't stomach VP MILF as POTUS.

Vote #2: Obama pulled the troops out of Iraq and shortened combat deployments for the Army to 9 months. I'll give him another shot. I voted Republican for all the other seats if possible.

I'm a moderate republican and I vote to support my interest. It just happens the last two elections my interests fell on the democratic side of the vote.

EDIT: I'm loving the political rage in this thread. Just try to keep the rage politcial and not personal.

Edited by ChosenOne2000
chillax ppl

I just laugh at everyone on Facebook saying his victory had nothing to do with his skin color. Face it a huge majority of America votes based on what the person looks like and how they talk. 450 African American students waited outside our student center at my campus to vote at 8 am. 448 voted for Obama. 75 were quickly interviewed 68 knew 1 or none political stances of either candidate. Popularity contest like anything else.

Still waiting for Arnold Schwarzenegger to run, we need a muscular president to protect us from terrorism.

Um, what was the name of that Republican who freed the slaves.....oh yeah Abraham Lincoln.

Republican Party of 1860 =/= Republican Party of 2012

(not implying you don't know this, just wanted to clear it up for the sake of the thread.)

While his phrasing isn't accurate, saying that blacks have voted liberally forever would be.

Republican Party of 1860 =/= Republican Party of 2012

(not implying you don't know this, just wanted to clear it up for the sake of the thread.)

While his phrasing isn't accurate, saying that blacks have voted liberally forever would be.

Yes, I am aware. Good job on clarifying for the group.

http://web.archive.o...e-long-form.pdf Here is the birth certificate. You've probably seen it before, and it probably won't change your mind, but I don't want anyone to think that argument has any credence.

What I can't understand if he has that, why did he turn down Donald Trumps offer at 5 million dollars to charity to just show his passport and college records...? I'm not calling him a liar, but a stupid act on a Presidents part, especially when that money could have gone to helping the people who just got hit by a hurricane....

He's the president, not a database to buy information off of. How would it look to other countries if the president could be sold out by 5 million, what if someone offered 10 million?50 million? How much would he give up then? There are certain issues with everyone that, no matter how much money is offered, you know what you did in life and you're not going to to concede to someone else's wishes just to prove yourself right. Because in the end, they win. 5 million is nothing compared to the damage Sandy cost, yes it could help, but do you honestly think that he would sell out for 5 million when Congress allows a deficit of a trillion dollars a year?

I get what you're trying to say, but we're not saying he's personally accepting money for anything. It went directly to a charity, not to him (which in my opinion makes him look like an ass, yes I know they can pay a ton of money when needed, but if not to the hurricane it could go towards some medical stuff or whatever...). And it would be personal information that is so insignificant just to have lots of doubts put to an end. For many, it just makes him look a little fishy, although I do understand the point of not giving in to someone just because they put up an offer like that.

I just can't outweigh the benefits of accepting it. 5 million free dollars, is more than most of this community will ever see in their lives. So yes, congress can put out a ton of money, but that's 5 million less they would have to spend, and we talk so much about the deficit that the country is in (yes I realize that in the view of trillions, 5 million is basically insignificant, but it's still free money.....)

Guest Fohacidal

http://web.archive.o...e-long-form.pdf Here is the birth certificate. You've probably seen it before, and it probably won't change your mind, but I don't want anyone to think that argument has any credence.

What I can't understand if he has that, why did he turn down Donald Trumps offer at 5 million dollars to charity to just show his passport and college records...? I'm not calling him a liar, but a stupid act on a Presidents part, especially when that money could have gone to helping the people who just got hit by a hurricane....

He's the president, not a database to buy information off of. How would it look to other countries if the president could be sold out by 5 million, what if someone offered 10 million?50 million? How much would he give up then? There are certain issues with everyone that, no matter how much money is offered, you know what you did in life and you're not going to to concede to someone else's wishes just to prove yourself right. Because in the end, they win. 5 million is nothing compared to the damage Sandy cost, yes it could help, but do you honestly think that he would sell out for 5 million when Congress allows a deficit of a trillion dollars a year?

I get what you're trying to say, but we're not saying he's personally accepting money for anything. It went directly to a charity, not to him (which in my opinion makes him look like an ass, yes I know they can pay a ton of money when needed, but if not to the hurricane it could go towards some medical stuff or whatever...). And it would be personal information that is so insignificant just to have lots of doubts put to an end. For many, it just makes him look a little fishy, although I do understand the point of not giving in to someone just because they put up an offer like that.

I just can't outweigh the benefits of accepting it. 5 million free dollars, is more than most of this community will ever see in their lives. So yes, congress can put out a ton of money, but that's 5 million less they would have to spend, and we talk so much about the deficit that the country is in (yes I realize that in the view of trillions, 5 million is basically insignificant, but it's still free money.....)

Its cute you believe that

A.) Trump is telling the truth

and

B.) Its ok for Obama to set the precedent that being bullied into showing stuff that isnt necessary is ok

Grow up bro

Edited by Fohacidal

And it would be personal information that is so insignificant just to have lots of doubts put to an end.

If the personal information is so insignificant, how could it put any doubts to an end? What kind of doubts do you have about a man who is elected president that could be erased if you saw the stupid shit trump is asking for?

I'll tell you, if there's one thing i care about less than where Obama was born, it's whatever the hell he did in college 30 years ago

Don't generalize a race. I voted for Obama the last two elections, but not because he was black.

Vote #1: I would have loved to have seen McCain in the white house. He is very pro military HOWEVER.....McCain looked like he was gonna croak at any second and I couldn't stomach VP MILF as POTUS.

Vote #2: Obama pulled the troops out of Iraq and shortened combat deployments for the Army to 9 months. I'll give him another shot. I voted Republican for all the other seats if possible.

I'm a moderate republican and I vote to support my interest. It just happens the last two elections my interests fell on the democratic side of the vote.

EDIT: I'm loving the political rage in this thread. Just try to keep the rage politcial and not personal.

He also created the law that allows combat injured troops to be allowed to finish their contract, if they so please. He also signed a bill that stated that Online High School Diplomas may be evaluated and treated as an actual degree, which ends up helping me, as(And I quote from the Army recruiters) "Before July, we wouldn't have even spoken to you with that kind of diploma ~ SFC "

"Before July, we wouldn't have even spoken to you with that kind of diploma ~ SFC "

ahahah, where the hell do they even get off saying something like that.

Guest Fohacidal

Not saying Trump is right, but isn't this similar to the bullying of Romney to release his tax records?

Kinda.

Well on one hand we have a president being asked to do something no other president in the US has been pressured into doing. On the other we have a candidate not willing to release something that almost every other president and candidate before him has done willingly. Its like trying to justify racism because one day a black person called you pale, and that black person happened to be a nurse in a hospital, and you had also just passed out.

Not saying Trump is right, but isn't this similar to the bullying of Romney to release his tax records?

Kinda.

Well on one hand we have a president being asked to do something no other president in the US has been pressured into doing. On the other we have a candidate not willing to release something that almost every other president and candidate before him has done willingly. Its like trying to justify racism because one day a black person called you pale, and that black person happened to be a nurse in a hospital, and you had also just passed out.

I understand the explanation, but the analogy was irrelevant and stupid lol. Like I said, I wasn't supporting Trump, just offering a counter-argument that has been brought up.

Must be trolling now or I am going to retract my intelligent statement about you. Seriously, I never stated or even came close to inferring that I believe that Obama got more votes for his race than lost votes for his race

I'm going to do this one more time, and it is all that can be done. If you honestly don't understand after this, there is no hope for you. Let me know if I need to line it out any more clearly or use smaller words:

I just laugh at everyone on Facebook saying his victory had nothing to do with his skin color

This statement right here is the entire crux of what I have been trying to make clear to you. You said his victory had to do with his skin color. If you wish to credit his victory in ANY way to his race, you HAVE to acknowledge that your statement implies that there were more votes based solely upon race FOR him than would be AGAINST him. If you had thought the opposite was true, that his blackness wasn't more of a benefit than an impediment, or if you thought that race didn't make a difference, you clearly wouldn't have made this statement. You have to acknowledge that, OR you have to acknowledge that you didn't say what you meant to. It is so simple, I really don't see how you can't see that you've contradicted yourself.

I get that your statement now is that you don't think race helped him and you were just trying to say that people vote based upon appearance, but the very first thing you said in this thread is clearly different than what you say now.

Edited by Longcat

Must be trolling now or I am going to retract my intelligent statement about you. Seriously, I never stated or even came close to inferring that I believe that Obama got more votes for his race than lost votes for his race

I'm going to do this one more time, and it is all that can be done. If you honestly don't understand after this, there is no hope for you. Let me know if I need to line it out any more clearly or use smaller words:

I just laugh at everyone on Facebook saying his victory had nothing to do with his skin color

This statement right here is the entire crux of what I have been trying to make clear to you. You said his victory had to do with his skin color. If you wish to credit his victory in ANY way to his race, you HAVE to acknowledge that your statement implies that there were more votes based solely upon race FOR him than would be AGAINST him. If you had thought the opposite was true, that his blackness wasn't more of a benefit than an impediment, or if you thought that race didn't make a difference, you clearly wouldn't have made this statement. You have to acknowledge that, OR you have to acknowledge that you didn't say what you meant to. It is so simple, I really don't see how you can't see that you've contradicted yourself.

I get that your statement now is that you don't think race helped him and you were just trying to say that people vote based upon appearance, but the very first thing you said in this thread is clearly different than what you say now.

But black people are usually given extended terms.. Jk :P.

Guest Fohacidal

Kinda.

I understand the explanation, but the analogy was irrelevant and stupid lol. Like I said, I wasn't supporting Trump, just offering a counter-argument that has been brought up.

If you found the analogy irrelevant its probably because you didnt understand it.