Sign in to follow this  
Azzkicker

Giant Hurricane flooding New York

yeah, i really enjoy how the media is hyping the shit out of this storm. it was barely even a category 1 when it made landfall.

Except it's dominating the east coast...

yeah, i really enjoy how the media is hyping the shit out of this storm. it was barely even a category 1 when it made landfall.

except it actually IS bad. did you even seen the pictures of new york during the hurricane?

Here are some other numbers: 33 deaths in the US (reported so far, that number will certainly rise). 8 million people lost power. That's 1 person without power out of every 50 people in this country. The storm did billions of dollars of damage, making it one of the costliest storms in US history.

Here are some other numbers: 33 deaths in the US (reported so far, that number will certainly rise). 8 million people lost power. That's 1 person without power out of every 50 people in this country. The storm did billions of dollars of damage, making it one of the costliest storms in US history.

Don't forget the 69 people that died from sandy in the caribbean. also there was the tanker that got pushed onto stanten island, that captain that is still missing when is tall ship turned over, the 80 houses that burned down in a neighborhood in new york, the flooded subway, the flooded trade center, oh and the trees hitting houses, don't forget all of those. I'm probably missing a lot but thats just a gist of what this storm has done.

Yes that means the winds will be generally slower, probably cause less damage, but is also means that the storm is moving much slower.

http://en.wikipedia....rricane_Katrina

BUT YOU GUYS ARE TOTALLY RIGHT!

LETS NAIL OUR DOORS SHUT AND LIGHT SOME CANDLES FOR THIS TOTALLY INTENSE STORM!

Just because that happened doesn't mean everything is fine over here. thats like saying well at least the shooting during the batman movie wasn't as bad as 9/11. its still a bad situation and should be treated as such. Edited by Illogical

Just because that happened doesn't mean everything is fine over here. thats like saying well at least 9/11 wasn't as bad as the shooting during the batman movie. its still a bad situation and should be treated as such.

i totally agree, there should be preparation. but the media was saying shit like go buy supplies for weeks without power and shit. it aint realistic.

my intentions were to never bad mouth or make light of the fact that people were dying. natural disasters are always serious.

i just find it really funny how the media is freaking people out about this.

Just because that happened doesn't mean everything is fine over here. thats like saying well at least 9/11 wasn't as bad as the shooting during the batman movie. its still a bad situation and should be treated as such.

i totally agree, there should be preparation. but the media was saying shit like go buy supplies for weeks without power and shit. it aint realistic.

my intentions were to never bad mouth or make light of the fact that people were dying. natural disasters are always serious.

Do you think it is unrealistic for people to prepare for a long time without power in the wake of this storm?

Do you think it is unrealistic for people to prepare for a long time without power in the wake of this storm?

last time a storm like this happened the number for outages from my power company was over 800,000. took 3 days for power to be restored. hell i remmber jared saying he was without power for about a couple weeks. how is the media over reacting? (don't get me wrong though the media pours fuel on the fire of a lot of other things however, this isn't one of them)

after a lengthy shoutbox discussion, i have come to the conclusion that you all misunderstood and overexaggerated my post about the media.

congrats on being so quick to judge my words against me.

assholes...

also, since when have i ever been a great debater?