DarkPredator

U.S. Presidential Election

Who are you voting for?  

75 members have voted

1. 1. Who are you voting for?

• Democrat - Barack Obama
    • Republican - Mitt Romney
    • Other

But why isn't Obama explaining WHY his plans are not working?

They did and are. Economy is turning around. Most economists agree that a rapid turnaround would have been impossible from where we were.

One of the biggest things that pissed me off in the 2nd debate was the participation of the moderator. Yes, yes, I agree, Obama did well in this debate. But come on, the whole "transcript" shit she pulled was out of line for a "supposed" neutral moderator.

It's called moving the debate forward. The debate had degenerated into childish arguing about what was said. Candy explained that the president did say that, and she also said that part of what Romney said was correct. It was pretty unbiased. Only reason it seems biased is 'cause Romney tried to make a big deal out of something he was proven to be mistaken about.

And yeah, that ad is hilarious.

Longcat and Mitch both made pretty valid points, I was quite impressed with your wall of text Longcat you really did hit the hammer on the nail so to speak. Honestly I'm quite worried about the future of the US now that we're starting to get a longer list of enemies, some of which that will soon have nuclear weapons. Already we have China who nearly matches our military strength, they've also got nukes. Then we've got North Korea who have hated us for 60 years, they're building nukes. Then we've got the Middle-East filled with nations who hate us, some of which are building nukes (Iran). The next 10-20 years or even sooner could see us involved in World War 3, and I'm honestly starting to question if we'll be able to keep up our winning streak for world wars.

Tl:dr Obama better have some ideas up his sleeve for foreign policy, else we might be in for some shit real soon.

Already we have China who nearly matches our military strength, they've also got nukes. Then we've got North Korea who have hated us for 60 years, they're building nukes. Then we've got the Middle-East filled with nations who hate us, some of which are building nukes (Iran). The next 10-20 years or even sooner could see us involved in World War 3, and I'm honestly starting to question if we'll be able to keep up our winning streak for world wars.

That's the thing about nukes...it means mutual destruction, and considering we survived the cold war, it's pretty assured that the world's stability is pretty solid. Yes, China has the largest standing Army, but the United States Navy is by far the world's largest Navy, which in ships, is larger than the NEXT 13 countries standing navies. Our Air Force is also by far the largest in terms of aircraft, and these statistics alone do not account for the sophistication of our weaponry compared to the countries next in line.

It's comforting as a canadian to know that the chinese army can't walk here and that the US will always protect us and never invade us or be an abusive trade partner :)

As an American: Be grateful, peasant.

Edited by Marine

It's comforting as a canadian to know that the chinese army can't walk here and that the US will always protect us and never invade us or be an abusive trade partner :)

I lol'd.

Anyway, I can see your points Marine, that doesn't mean that in the long term we can still win, their industrial economy could support a war a lot better then ours, and from what we've seen in history, whoever makes the most money usually wins the war.

Dunno whats with all the bashing, i'm just posting information on the deficit and the economy for anyone interested. I never once took a stand or threw punches at Obama.

Don't worry, bashing is normal from Democrats on Republicans.

But really, I don't understand people some time. For example, check out this recent OBAMA-ENDORSED political ad:

Seriously, this looks like something that would be on SNL. It was hilarious. But why isn't Obama explaining WHY his plans are not working? It seems him and his campaign want to find any stupid thing to make a big deal out of to create a distraction (e.g. binders full of women - taken out of context of a seemingly innocent comment about women in the workplace). If someone from the past--who had no idea about Obama or Romney--watched the second presidential debate, it would appear that Obama was running for his first term. "We will", "we are going to", etc.

One of the biggest things that pissed me off in the 2nd debate was the participation of the moderator. Yes, yes, I agree, Obama did well in this debate. But come on, the whole "transcript" shit she pulled was out of line for a "supposed" neutral moderator.

Obama challenged Romney to “get the transcript” when Romney questioned the president’s claim to have spoken of an “act of terror” the day after the slaying of four Americans in Libya. The president indeed referred to “acts of terror” that day, but then refrained from labeling it a terrorist attack.

Source: http://factcheck.org...hofstra-debate/

And in this video, she said he was "right in the main, but may have picked the wrong word.":

[media=]

I'm not saying Romney won the debate, I just think some of the stuff that the moderator did was uncalled for.

Don't forget the VP debate moderator and the wedding.

http://www.salon.com/2012/10/11/moderators_1991_wedding_guest_list_turns_into_vp_debate_side_issue/

She pretty much allowed Biden to interrupt an astounding 80+ times.

it's like this:

vote for a person I don't like

or

vote for a person I don't like

--

so, ther alternative is voting for a candidate that I like the best ... IE the third party. Voting independant is basically casting my vote away for nothing so I might as well vote for a person that is the better of the two. In my opinion both candidates are not qualified. I won't delve but once again ... the choice this year seems rather easy yet people have voted for the least best candidate (at least for the people's interest) off and on.

tldr; ... both are kindy sucky. one just sucks less than the other.

Edited by Lesbian Dad

I lol'd.

Anyway, I can see your points Marine, that doesn't mean that in the long term we can still win, their industrial economy could support a war a lot better then ours, and from what we've seen in history, whoever makes the most money usually wins the war.

Our GDP is larger than theirs, and much higher per capita, along with our list of world allies. The fact is, if a war breaks out between first world countries, the moment one of them steps on the other's land, is a likely moment of nuclear weaponry being greatly considered.

Edited by Marine

Honestly, unless they counted every damn chuckle, syllable, or 'ha' he made there is no way it was 80 times. If that's so astounding how about a count on Romney or Obama's interruptions on these past debates?

[media=]

Presidential debate interruption counts:

http://www.poynter.org/latest-news/mediawire/192308/study-candidates-interrupted-lehrer-more-than-crowley/

Average speaking time of candidates given by moderators:

http://www.nationalreview.com/corner/330742/bizarre-coincidence-democrats-get-more-time-all-three-debates-katrina-trinko

Edited by Oreo

OBAMA although I really can't vote in your election :D

But I'd ravage your assholes <3

Edited by xmen

So he interrupted a total of 48 times. Nearly half of what fox news was ravaging about. Biden interrupted Ryan 38 and Ryan interrupted Biden 28. 12 difference? Is it really that big of a deal? He won, no matter what connections either of the three may of had with eachother, it was around equal.

So he interrupted a total of 48 times. Nearly half of what fox news was ravaging about. Biden interrupted Ryan 38 and Ryan interrupted Biden 28. 12 difference? Is it really that big of a deal? He won, no matter what connections either of the three may of had with eachother, it was around equal.

If you watched the video, 84 times. The other link refers to Romney and Obama, Romney having 28 Obama at 28 I believe. Pretty sure you misread the link

"You mention the Navy, for example, and the fact that we have fewer ships than we did in 1916. Well governor, we also have fewer horses and bayonets, We have these things called aircraft carriers and planes land on them. We have ships that go underwater, nuclear submarines. It's not a game of battleship where we're counting ships, it's 'What are our priorities?'"

-President Obama

Yeah, that just happend...