Sign in to follow this  
Illogical

Staff survey

Long but necessary post.

First of all, I want to make it clear that I realize the insane amount of work you have put and continue to put into the clan. It's work that I and most other members are neither able nor willing to do. And I respect you for that.

That being said, remember this is work you chose to do. You deserve thanks, but if you over-exert yourself or allow the clan to make your personal life more difficult, the fault is yours, not anyone else's. There are other staff and members here who are willing to chip in and help out. There's a reason engineer is a different position from JCS or Advisor, and trying to develop something while also having a management position can make things... messy.

As for your personality, I don't want to make irrelevant attacks, but much of what has been said by others (such as Monkeh, with the exception of the later crude and ridiculous claims) holds true. You create a pretty fucking weird friend dynamic between the entourage you build, your tendency to vent about your personal life, your tendency to turn on people, and just the general bipolar attitude you have toward clan members. It confuses people, and leads to very poor decisions as far as promotions and rule enforcement.

I don't have much to say about your in-game behavior, as I haven't played with you in a long time, but a lot of the evidence seems to point to you taking things too far. I remember nights in jailbreak where you'd come in and turn the server on its head with blatant admin abuse. It was fun the first few times when things were slow, but after a while it ruined quite a few hours of gameplay with how badly you needed to be the center of attention. From what others have said it seems this same sort of behavior continues to this day.

I'm glad you're admitting you've messed up and made mistakes in the past. There's not a single staff member here who hasn't. Dodging around the point that you lied about the staff still left for Marine's Elite app pissed me off more than closing the thread itself. I don't want anyone chasing you to the hills with the pitchfork here, but clearly a lot of people think you need some serious adjustment with your approach to the clan if you're going to keep such a high position of power. It's good you're considering adjusting your role, because I certainly believe you deserve to remain an active part of this clan, and that the clan is better for it. It just seems everyone would benefit, especially you, by you backing up a bit and keeping a better focus on more important things in life than overseeing a group of kids who play Counter-Strike.

queue

*cue

Not "que," right? ;)

Update: Jason has had a busy weekend with work. Still need to sit down and talk with him about it. We're going to try and lay out all the facts behind the decision to ban Monkeh, as well as evaluate how people (staff and non-staff) responded to the issue. There will likely be a staff survey in the near future, but I'm not promising anything yet.

What I don't understand is why we have recruitment officers. We have had 5 people apply in 2 months and 2 withdrew and 2 of them were denied while the pending one is probably not going to get in. What continues sG is recruitment. The next generation of newfags must come forth to take over when the oldfags retire. We have a bunch of SOs for servers like Jailbreak which, sadly, is dead. We have staff that most members have no clue what they do, for example, Dastan, who has been inactive as fuck. But all seriousness aside the only ones who can change this is staff, so I therefore do not care.

Why are there so many fucking SO's? Back when I came to this community, I saw a very few amount of VA's. (Volunteer Administrators)

I don't understand why staff chose to give the legitimacy of this clan into the hands of over what.....(non-staff) 20 in-game

officers"? What ever happened to the days of VA's who knew the rules of the game(s) and to the people/players/friends who actually gave more than half a fuck?

Although my opinion does not matter one way or another, I could tell with the excessive amount of "officers", that this community has surely faded.

I'm an honest player, with an above average amount of "gaming-etiquette". The more SO's I have seen within the servers in which I have played, I have seen alot more admin abuse than I ever have before. (Circa 2009) Will I ever report it? No. because I don't give a fuck anymore, hence why I strongly feel why this community has lost alot of it's legendary population and Likability.

I understand staff members do not have the ability to be online 24/7. But as far as I can remember, the less power around, meant better game flow, whoring, freekilling, spawn-camping, or not, It was more fun for me. Server players make a clan, not the donations.

The staff survey should have the usual verification of identity through forum PMs and should include a vote on whether or not Monkeh should be banned.

How can someone be banned from a community when 95% of the community doesn't want it to be so?

The staff survey should have the usual verification of identity through forum PMs and should include a vote on whether or not Monkeh should be banned.

How can someone be banned from a community when 95% of the community doesn't want it to be so?

My take on it is this-- Monkeh knew he was trolling and attempting to get a reaction from staff. He got it, and suddenly it's all "whoa whoa you guys mad? UNBAN MONKEH 2012!!!!"

That's why I have no problem letting him remain banned while we sort it all out. We'll see how things end up.

On an even better note, how did you manage that?

Just for future reference, y'know. Wouldn't want to do that with the CS:GO server or anything.

Since CS:GO is out and we have the sG Jailbreak set up and were working on skins and maps and such I feel the community will get more members from CS:GO. I don't know about other servers if we are the only main Jailbreak server up currently because I can't run nor did I buy CS:GO.

I know staff have been busy working out with trolls and servers and such props to you, you're doing great. But I don't recall having a Digest in a few months maybe you could check inactivity and such and make a new updated digest for the community to help us know that our staff will be active as possible.

The only fucking around I do on servers is to certain friends I play with, e.g. slapping them for 1000 damage or what not. I fuck around with people who I know well, hardly anyone else. The abuse I've done is just as much as any other person has done. The only reason why I get singled out for it most of the time is because most of you know me. In all reality, I have done the same shit everyone else does on our servers. WCS I'll give cash from time to time, TTT I'll do proptown or just spawn striders when we're all bored of the game mode and in DarkRP I do the same shit that all our SOs do. The abuse I do is no different from the shit other admins do on our servers, it just gets pointed out more because, well I'm Mitch.

This entire paragraph is bullshit and you should feel bad for writing it.

You are using the fact that THE SO'S WHO YOU HIREd EXPLICITLY BY YOUSELF (I KNOW LOL)-

so's who are FOLLOWING IN YOUR FOOTSTEPS BECAUSE they dont know anything else

as a justification for acting like an asshat

Can you just tell the fucking truth and own up to the fact that you shouldnt have power over anyones admin if you cant handle it yourself?

Yeah im sure the guy who joined the server for the first time enjoys getting a permaban because he accidentally called the wrong admin an abusing faggot for being an abusing faggot.

Well it turns out we have been "that" community for a couple years now- and I am just as guilty as the rest of them :(

GT, you should know as well that everyone takes stress out in different ways. Whether or not it's the right thing for someone to do to relieve themselves of stress, that's for each individual to decide on their own accord. As of recently, I haven't had the time to be on our servers at all this summer due to real life obligations. The only fucking around I do on servers is to certain friends I play with, e.g. slapping them for 1000 damage or what not. I fuck around with people who I know well, hardly anyone else. The abuse I've done is just as much as any other person has done. The only reason why I get singled out for it most of the time is because most of you know me. In all reality, I have done the same shit everyone else does on our servers. WCS I'll give cash from time to time, TTT I'll do proptown or just spawn striders when we're all bored of the game mode and in DarkRP I do the same shit that all our SOs do. The abuse I do is no different from the shit other admins do on our servers, it just gets pointed out more because, well I'm Mitch.

2z74q69.jpg

Sign in to follow this