Sign in to follow this  
Goldentongue

Marine's Elite Recruitment thread closed despite still having potential

Time to abandon the status quo and just say it: Mitch you're being a tyrant. It's painfully obvious that you've set yourself in a position where whoever speaks against you reaps consequences. An example, iAlwaysFail. Great admin, first time admin on DarkRP, he's learning the ropes. He was clearing ropes *pun* and this consequently caused the server to crash. An innocent mistake right? You seemingly decided to remove his admin because of this singular event and claim he was interfering with the servers.

What a load of bullshit.

I jump into DarkRP and see you spawning guns, tossing nades, doing all sorts of shit, and even I was too afraid to reprimand you or call you out. I log onto the forums and see complaints closed hastily on your authority when the verdict was still out. I see you constantly persuading a multitude of followers into voting your way because you give special treatment (and I would know). Then, after receiving that special treatment, it's like we have to bow to every whim or else lose the god's favor.

It's pretty fucking ridiculous for a gaming clan, and I recognize now it's not going to stop until someone says something. I love our servers, I love the community, but I hate this oppressiveness.

$.02

lol.. when did mitch become scary? it's just mitch.

if you don't speak up, no one will hear you. GT spoke up.

But that's the problem. Once someone speaks up, they either get banned or shot down.

But that's the problem. Once someone speaks up, they either get banned or shot down.

The problem is too many people are scared to stand up for themselves. Is Mitch being a tyrant? Not to me he isn't.

If he is being a tyrant to you people, it's because you people let him.

The problem is too many people are scared to stand up for themselves. Is Mitch being a tyrant? Not to me he isn't.

I agree with you to an extent, but from experience I can tell you it's a little hard to stand up for anyone when you're banned from the forums.

And GT got banned. Speak up against Mitch is equivalent to getting banned. I do like Mitch, or rather I use to. He was fun, JB was fun, good times were had. Now he comes in, abuses the shit out of the place, bans randoms for calling him "fgt" and leaves lowering the server pop. as collateral. There's only so much of slack you can give before you're forced to abdicate a friendship, and iAlwaysFail losing his admin and the ridiculous justification by Mitch is what caused it to snap.

And GT got banned. Speak up against Mitch is equivalent to getting banned. I do like Mitch, or rather I use to. He was fun, JB was fun, good times were had. Now he comes in, abuses the shit out of the place, bans randoms for calling him "fgt" and leaves lowering the server pop. as collateral. There's only so much of slack you can give before you're forced to abdicate a friendship, and iAlwaysFail losing his admin and the ridiculous justification by Mitch is what caused it to snap.

Then he spoke up again. It isn't impossible to get in touch with other staff members. Might just be difficult.

some people in this thread have too much time on their hands and do too much thinking. over-thinking leads to assuming which leads to making an ass out of yourself publicly.

btw don't stop, it makes it more entertaining for us with precious little time to enjoy wacky shenanigans

I agree with you to an extent, but from experience I can tell you it's a little hard to stand up for anyone when you're banned from the forums.

The thing is, I only gave you a 5 point infraction for that post. Fuck, if I had my panties in a wad I would have given you an additional day ban because it was in the R&R, but I didn't want to - I acknowledge your views but I have my own as well. I'm not trying to silence you, but note that you already had 15 infraction points, this 5 just happened to give you a day ban, none of the other active infractions being from me.

Likewise, I'm entitled to my own no vote. I didn't force others to vote no, not did I even ask them. They voted as they wanted to. I already explained to Marine as to why I voted no and he understands as well. Those are matters which will be kept between me and him. As of a result, I will not divulge those details. The other staff members voted as they pleased.

TL;DR I didn't ban GT because he spoke up, the infraction just happened to give him a one day ban. I also have my reasons as to why I voted no and Marine understood this between our private conversation. Out of due respect to him I won't say it here.

I got an infraction by Mitch for "spamming" when I stuck up for Marine.

Mitch, it's painfully obvious you pressured Mimic into changing his vote. I'm going to make what I think is a reasonable assumption and say that, had you left the thread open, others would have changed their votes to yes.

You caused one of the coolest and nicest people in sG to ask to be banned from the forums and even consider leaving the clan altogether. So, fuck you.

Can't really say/know he was pressured into changing his vote but it's obvious that the ROs who voted no is the one who suck Mitch's dick. Lindseth Rune yea that's right I called them out.

I'm pretty sure Lindseth, Rune and everyone else who voted no did so independently. I've been too MIA in general to talk to anyone, I don't know why they voted no but as said in my previous post I had my reasons.

Likewise, it's kind of whatever now to me. Once you've been in the community long enough you know everything is a fucking bandwagon, whether you accept that fact or deny it. Hell I feel like sweetrock right now considering all the rage coming from people, especially the idiots, and it's kind of giving me something to smile at in my life this week.

and illogical, I don't think anyone neg-rep bombed you, you just post stupid shit in general. but I forgot that you take reputation seriously in a community like this.

I got an infraction by Mitch for "spamming" when I stuck up for Marine.

Mitch, it's painfully obvious you pressured Mimic into changing his vote. I'm going to make what I think is a reasonable assumption and say that, had you left the thread open, others would have changed their votes to yes.

You caused one of the coolest and nicest people in sG to ask to be banned from the forums and even consider leaving the clan altogether. So, fuck you.

Can't really say/know he was pressured into changing his vote but it's obvious that the ROs who voted no is the one who suck Mitch's dick. Lindseth Rune yea that's right I called them out.

I'm pretty sure Lindseth, Rune and everyone else who voted no did so independently. I've been too MIA in general to talk to anyone, I don't know why they voted no but as said in my previous post I had my reasons.

Likewise, it's kind of whatever now to me. Once you've been in the community long enough you know everything is a fucking bandwagon, whether you accept that fact or deny it. Hell I feel like sweetrock right now considering all the rage coming from people, especially the idiots, and it's kind of giving me something to smile at in my life this week.

and illogical, I don't think anyone neg-rep bombed you, you just post stupid shit in general. but I forgot that you take reputation seriously in a community like this.

I mean I never said you made them changed the vote. That is all them. All I said was that they up on your dick and yes everything is a bandwagon haha.

The thing is, I only gave you a 5 point infraction for that post. Fuck, if I had my panties in a wad I would have given you an additional day ban because it was in the R&R, but I didn't want to - I acknowledge your views but I have my own as well. I'm not trying to silence you, but note that you already had 15 infraction points, this 5 just happened to give you a day ban, none of the other active infractions being from me.

So you're not trying to silence me, you're just punishing me for voicing my opinion...

W3QES.gif

Actually, I wasn't even able to log into my account for around three days, not just one. The ban was extended that long, although warning message disappeared.

Honestly, so the fuck what. I took a little break. Clearly it didn't deter me very much. But this is all a distraction from the main topic you're pussyfooting around:

You coerced people to giving Marine a negative tally on his vote, and when I called out the stupidity and pettyness of your bias and priorities, the vote started to swing in Marine's favor. You didn't like that, so as a result, you blatantly lied and claimed there weren't enough staff left to change the vote. Marine needed only four more yes votes, and there were at least six if not more staff members who hadn't even voted.

Less than a week into voting, things weren't going the way Mitch wanted them to be, so he flipped the table and attempted to rempremand those he thought responsible.

Maybe since this is a serious issue with staff abuse I'm supposed to be civil and all, but the main point of this is:

Mitch, man up or go fuck yourself.

hey, you guys know this is a uh online gaming community of gamers, i think you're kind of over-reading the situation, keep your e-dick in your fucking pants and sit the fuck down.

everyone just gotta chill, everyone gets so upset over little things, all you need is communication.

So you're not trying to silence me, you're just punishing me for voicing my opinion...

The way you made that post obviously was asking for an infraction, you and I both know this well enough.

Actually, I wasn't even able to log into my account for around three days, not just one. The ban was extended that long, although warning message disappeared.

Honestly, so the fuck what. I took a little break. Clearly it didn't deter me very much. But this is all a distraction from the main topic you're pussyfooting around:

I can show you what I did, I just added 5 points and it suspended your account for one day.

If you were unable to log into your account for multiple days, it may have been due to the failure to acknowledge the infraction, this has happened to many members before. I don't know what it does firsthand but I can look into it when I have the time.

You coerced people to giving Marine a negative tally on his vote, and when I called out the stupidity and pettyness of your bias and priorities, the vote started to swing in Marine's favor. You didn't like that, so as a result, you blatantly lied and claimed there weren't enough staff left to change the vote. Marine needed only four more yes votes, and there were at least six if not more staff members who hadn't even voted.

I didn't coerce anything. I've been working 50 hour workweeks and school for 10 hours a week, I'm hardly on the computer. Ask any other staff member. Ask any other community member. Hell even ask Marine, before I was employed at my current job I would actually have a small/decent conversation with him each night. That promptly stopped when I had to start working all the time. When I am actually on the computer, I'm usually derping around on DarkRP.

If you don't want to take my word for it, I'll give you an example first hand - I usually write up digests/announcements to put in the community news forum when I have the time, I think I did 85%+ of them when I was active/not on LOA. This summer, I don't think I've been able to even have the time to write a digest or even post small announcements. It's always someone else doing them. This got really offtopic but what I'm trying to tell you is I'm pretty fucking inactive right now. I have real life issues and problems and the commitment and effort I put into sG is minimal mainly because I don't have the time I would like to do so.

Maybe since this is a serious issue with staff abuse I'm supposed to be civil and all, but the main point of this is:

Mitch, man up or go fuck yourself.

How do you want me to man up? I'm pretty sure I did everything within the lines, I gave you an infraction for being retarded, which you know, whether you accept it or not, you were asking for. I voted no on an application due to personal reasons - it's not abuse, I'm obligated to vote as I please.

So tell me how I'm acting like a child in this ordeal.

The way you made that post obviously was asking for an infraction, you and I both know this well enough.

sounds legit

When I am actually on the computer, I'm usually derping around on DarkRP.

spawning yourself shit, rdming, bending the rules like you would on any other sg server

This got really offtopic but what I'm trying to tell you is I'm pretty fucking inactive right now. I have real life issues and problems and the commitment and effort I put into sG is minimal mainly because I don't have the time I would like to do so.

maybe its time to pass the torch and quit

but we all know thats never going to happen because your life would become boring as shit. how else are you going satisfy your napoleon complex than through the internet?

I'm pretty sure I did everything within the lines,

lines which move around depending on who is crossing it and cant forget about the nonexistent line for yourself

I gave you an infraction for being retarded,

sounds legit

I voted no on an application due to personal reasons - it's not abuse, I'm obligated to vote as I please.

all heart no brain

So tell me how I'm acting like a child in this ordeal.

you look like one

Time to abandon the status quo and just say it: Mitch you're being a tyrant. It's painfully obvious that you've set yourself in a position where whoever speaks against you reaps consequences. An example, iAlwaysFail. Great admin, first time admin on DarkRP, he's learning the ropes.

OT wanted to plus rep.. Fucken ipad

I agree on everything

First off, I'm not going to take sides any more than I have, (I only up voted Mitch's comment above because it is likely someone made an alt account to neg rep him without showing who did it). I do have to say some points on each side are both repeating themselves (even when contradictory) over and over again. At this point, I think this has gone too far. Mitch can be abusive and mean (I'll admit he gets a bit annoying on RP, and he should probably minimize his admin gunning), but he does his job as best he can (Although, no offense Mitch, you totally have people who would fondle you if you asked). His and everyone elses' votes for marine are personal and thus won't be revealed. This point is at an impasse; there is no proof that Mitch asked (I'll try and be a bit neutral on the wording, coerce is such a strong word) anyone to vote on Marine's app. Goldentongue, I know you believe Marine deserves Elite, I do as well, but to be fair your complaint saying you get by with a lot of worse crap is a totally different scenario. He posted pictures of people being murdered at a recent event (the Aurora shooting), considering that we have members (and some with family members, including myself) that could have been there, it is a pretty sensitive topic to be joking about. Yes, you have posted some negative things, but I don't think there has been anything that you have posted that touched such a recent subject. I think we should let Marine's new app be voted upon (without closure until pass or the time limit {a month I think, if there is one declared} expires), rather than force a close or complain about its condition. I personally think everyone should stop complaining in this thread and let bygones be bygones.

Tl;dr: This is a stupid thing to get angry about; everyone has their flaws; Marine fucked up, but owned up to it; everyone should just stop arguing and get over it; let things decide themselves without intervention.

Last note: Mitch, understand any position of power comes with followers trying to gain their own power. It may sound like I'm trying to correct something obvious, but everyone needs a reminder that they can't let people like this lift them onto a plain of high self estimation, and people who dislike you aren't always trying to make you feel like you are a terrible person, they may just want you back down to Earth. If you work hard at your day job, I respect you, if you make time for sG, I respect you more, but I don't think of you as better than myself or anyone else. Goldentongue, I agree that Marine should probably have received Elite after he apologized for his actions, but I can definitely see how and apology could be too little for some (and yes, they probably had other reasons as well). Assuming Mitch is telling the truth, I assume that he and Marine used to be good friends, so he must have had some reason that made him change his mind. No one but himself has the right to display or force the information out of him. Yes, he probably needs to reduce his abuse on RP, but I can absolutely understand how stress makes someone want to abuse power to receive even a slight moment of superiority. Killing people mindlessly (in a video game) where you face little resistance can probably be fun and relaxing, so I believe it is relatively easy to see why he does what he does. (My compromise would be to let him have the admin gun or maybe something funny like the dildo gun which he could use to 1-hit people who are breaking rules, but it would still be hard to get over crossfire).

I peered through Goldentongue's post to make a few additions: Yes, Mitch preemptively shut down Marine's app, but Marine has been given the chance to have another app and thus I restate that we should just let this one go the entire time period (and we should just forget the previous app).

Also, Windmill, quit fanning the fuels of hate...

Sorry for the double post, but I think it is more important to do it this way than as an edit:

"HazeMasterFlex321"

If you don't have the balls to post what you think on your real account, you're just a sad, afraid person.

You aren't adding anything of value, you are throwing around insults that you aren't supporting. Grow up or get out.

Edited by Shotgunsnipa