Sign in to follow this  
Longcat

Sooooo...Wut?

So after I struggled for two days to get it to install right and let me into a game of Dayz, I found it utterly boring and lacking of fun. I'd see a city off in the distance, then run over, crouch down like 1/4th of a mile away, because evidently the zombies can see me standing from that far, but not 3 feet from them if I'm prone, and then after 10 minutes of getting to the city, I discover that not only is there not a single building I can actually go into, there is 0 loot at all to be found. Poor level design to say the least. Finally found ONE building I could enter and found a hatchet, and a double barrel shotgun with two shells. BUT WAIT! If you want to conserve your ammo and gun til later, you can fuck right off! You can't carry your shotgun somewhere else if you want to have a hatchet in your hand! Not only that, but if you thought it would be nice and easy to switch between weapons, WRONG! You gotta go into your gear screen, right click, click again, then it takes 10 seconds to pull out your hatchet (at which point it forces a drop of your shotgun). Then you have to...reload your hatchet? What? Did I just have a really stupidly retarded first couple of spawns? When does it get fun?

Well based on the number of buildings you could loot I'd say you had a shitty spawn, the larger cities like Electra and Cherno have lots of buildings you can loot. As for the weapons, Arma II doesn't have melee weapons, so the Dayz team had to code/create that from scratch with mixed results. Any melee weapon takes the primary weapon spot, and primary weapons take up a lot of space if you want to carry more than one, which requires you finding a larger backpack.

As for the zombies spotting you, ya I agree at times zombies agro way to inconsistantly, I've gotten to the point that I just run through cities and just lose whatever zombies I've agroed in building or by running to the dock.

I'm just hoping a stand alone release will make some of the issues go away, but the current mod I have fun with, sometimes it takes playing with another person to make the game enjoyable.

I feel buyers remorse to be completely honest

its worse than darkrp in terms of time:fun

Theres just too many things that need patched

Then they said it was going stand alone

fuck em

So much agreement. I thought this was going to be as easy to get into as zombie mod, but on a huuuuuuge scale and way more realistic. Nope. It is just buggy as fuck and TOO big. If there was actually stuff and loot in the environment, it would be interesting. But as is, it is just annoying. Average time in a life: 49 minutes. If I have to respawn and do that stupid ass hunting for a shitty gun crap every 50 minutes on average, I would stab myself. Probably my last time playing. Huge buyers remorse.

I mean ... it is based off a combat simulator ... a really intense one to say the least. I had the same feelings at first but, I stuck with it.

I would say it's not for most players. And yes, sometimes, the amount of fun you're going to have can heavily depend on where you spawn and what loot you find first. It's not perfect by any means and what can you truly complain about? It's in alpha stages ...

Did I just have a really stupidly retarded first couple of spawns? When does it get fun?

Fun part when you get gear and fuck people day up :P

Edited by infested marine

It's also fun to roam in packs. There's also kind of a steep learning curve. Start here: http://dayzdb.com/map#5.051.051

That shows high-value buildings in towns. If you're looking for the best loot combat-wise, you're gonna wanna high medium and high value military targets. Supermarkets and hospitals are pretty obvious too. There is no end-game; the objective is the same as when you start. Survive.

Longcat after awhile it gets easy. If i die which is rare, it takes me about 30 minute to an hour to have enough gear to go north/base hunt/find vehicles. Never pick up a double barrel shotgun, keep your hatchet until you find any other gun with ammo. The hatchet is useless after you have a gun because of the time it takes to equip it. Like junzou said it takes quite a while to get good at the game and it won't be fun until you are good unless you are playing with people. Don't try to sneak around zombies, you will learn how to move around them fast without aggroing them after a while they are very easy to lose by circleing or running through buildings. The fun of the game is the complexity. There are many different way people have fun. Some people like to build bases and survive. Others like to be bandits and kill people COD style, I personally like hunting down the bandits and helping survivors.

Kind of glad I didn't buy it. Just doesn't look all that fun.

watching people piss their pants while playing dayz on stream is always fun

Sign in to follow this