Sign in to follow this  
Mitch

[6-21-12] Open SO Applications & Staff-Community Q/A Session

Hey guys.

I've been really busy recently with real life so I've been unable to write a digest, but hopefully when I settle down with everything I can write something nice up for all of you to read.

As of now, the staff are looking for respectable, responsible and fun-loving SOs to help administrate, populate and moderate our community and servers.

Anyone in the clan is allowed to apply, there is no tenure requirements at all - we may look at your post count and server hours as a tool to judge whether or not you're qualified however.

Please PM me these details. All servers have SO slots open. You will be guaranteed a reply from me if you apply (accepted, moved on to next stage, pending, denied, etc.,)

All divisions are accepting applications:

CSS [JB, WCS1, WCS2, Zombie, BHOP, MG, Surf]

GMOD [TTT, DarkRP, SB3]

BF3

MineCraft

CS:GO [TBA]

PM SUBJECT MUST BE: [sO APPLICATION] <YOURUSERNAME>

First Name:

In-Game Name:

Reigon (NA/EU/ASIA):

What servers are you interested in being an SO for?

What time zone are you and when do you usually play? How much do you play in an average week?

When have you started playing sG servers?

What makes you stand out in comparison to others for the SO position?

Do you have any current infractions or bans? Have you ever received any disciplinary action from the sG staff? If you want, feel free to justify yourself as to show how you've grown from these disciplinary actions, if you give a good enough justification we will look beyond this fact in considering you for the position.

Why do you want to be an SO?

If you were not chosen to be SO, who is another community member you think that would be qualified for the position?

What do you bring to sG, what do you bring to the table and what makes you different from every other applicant?

What are you looking for the SO Department and sG staff to give back to you if you receive SO? Are you in here for the long run and have ambitions to move up or do you just want to lend us a helping hand when we really need it?

Who's your favorite staff member and what traits/characteristics/aspects of them make them your favorite staff member?

What's something the sG staff (SO, ENG, RO, ADV, JCS) could do as a whole and as individuals to help this community run better? Feel free to choose big ideas or specific examples.

Please PM Mitch your application, your application will only be distributed within the SO Department and if you want more privacy regarding your application just tell me so in the PM and I will only share it between the JCS if you don't feel too comfortable sharing with it to the rest of staff.

====================================================================================================

In addition to SO applications, I'm opening up an Q&A session between the community and staff. If you want to make it public, post your questions here and either I will answer them or I will get another staff member appropriate to answer the question. If you want to make it private, PM me and I will add the necessary staff members needed to answer your question. Any questions are accepted, but not all will be given the answers you expect. We reserve the right to withhold information as necessary and we also will hand out infractions for questions that are blatantly malicious.

I know that personally I haven't been meeting the community's expectations of me. I have reasons and explanations as to why, but I know that they are no excuse to my poor presence/attitude recently. I personally apologize on my behalf and can explain as to why I've been acting irregularly as of recently. I'll be personally trying my best to improve this community to the best of my knowledge with the staff, but we need your feedback. Please give me constructive criticism as to how (you can PM me it or post it here, either way works) I can improve.

If you have any remarks/comments/feedback for other staff members - feel free to PM me and I will forward it to them. I don't think they would feel too comfortable about being called out in this thread without their prior approval, so it'd be best if you PMd me and I'll forward it to them.

Anyways, I really hope we a a community and clan can pull ourselves out of this hole. I really want to see sG grow again but we need your help. It's already tough enough with staff trying to do it on our own, we need your help. The primary thing I'm asking is for you to go out, invite your steam friends or real life friends to play on our servers with us. With populated, active and well-administrated/moderated servers we generate a boost in activity in our forums which leads to sG growing. The essential key to bringing sG back to it's former glory is essentially a bunch of members with grassroot efforts in making our servers active. Anyways, it's 4:30 AM and I think I should stop typing otherwise I'll seem like some crazed maniac.

- Mitch

I know that personally I haven't been meeting the community's expectations of me. I have reasons and explanations as to why, but I know that they are no excuse to my poor presence/attitude recently. I personally apologize on my behalf and can explain as to why I've been acting irregularly as of recently. I'll be personally trying my best to improve this community to the best of my knowledge with the staff, but we need your feedback. Please give me constructive criticism as to how (you can PM me it or post it here, either way works) I can improve.

- Mitch

Forgiven I can't hate Mitch <3

Please add a CS:GO opening for me Mitch. I need someone to do my botch work in that department so we can start to spread there.

Sent from my EVO 4G LTE using Tapatalk

done

That's what I wonder... It was 430am when he posted this.

I like how he answered in the smallest amount of letters possible, I would've expected a Blob like post.

- Mitch

Are u kidding? 1 of the most active JCS I've been hearing :)

also can I be SO? so I can call sandy a NiG**************ce guy?

Edited by xmen

Guest Sandy Balls

- Mitch

Are u kidding? 1 of the most active JCS I've been hearing :)

also can I be SO? so I can call sandy a NiG**************ce guy?

You can call that me all you want. :)

Meh, I'll stay out of the popularity contest.

Oh, and I laughed a little when I saw that sG is accepting more SOs for JB, Zombie, BHOP, MG, and Surf.

Why'd you even post then

Oh, and I laughed a little when I saw that sG is accepting more SOs for JB, Zombie, BHOP, MG, and Surf.

Sometimes I feel like it's this sort of attitude that kills our community.

Just my two cents though.

Ace 0 Mitch 1

Sometimes I feel like it's this sort of attitude that kills our community.

Just my two cents though.

Nah, I think it's a little more than attitude from members that kills our community.

Edit: You know what, I apologize for that. It was pretty rude. I've been acting up as of late and I don't know where it has been coming from.

Good luck to those that apply.

Edited by Ace

Applied, though won't be here to see the result immediately, most likely, will be on a trip to the US. Just have a one day turnover, arrived at home, leaving soon.

Also, I love monkeh.

we need to repopulate JB to get some bAdmins who pay us and then get banned for aboozing!!!

Sign in to follow this