Sign in to follow this  
Zachmanman

As I get older, mom gets dumber and dad gets smarter...

As a child I always saw my dad as a dumb hillbilly who liked NASCAR, my mom always seemed to be on top of everything, managing money, taking care of my forms and finances for elementary school

Then in high school dad seemed to be right about situations more than her

I went away for college, came back 9 months later and it seemed like she was bordering on dementia

3 years later now and it worries me when she babysits my nephews

Anyone see the same thing?

Edited by Zachmanman

jup dad is right 99% of the time mom never knows

this, its so weird, like as a kid I always saw him as like a bully or just being mean to my mom

but now I see that shes just being irrational 95% of the time and I understand why he acted like a dick sometimes

I too have noticed this. But in a completely different way. My mother has grown increasingly more religious, to the point where my brother telling her he was an atheist made her cry. And thus I haven't told her that she also failed (read: raised critical thinkers) with me and that I am also atheist.

I too have noticed this. But in a completely different way. My mother has grown increasingly more religious, to the point where my brother telling her he was an atheist made her cry. And thus I haven't told her that she also failed (read: raised critical thinkers) with me and that I am also atheist.

I always just told my mom that I didn't like religion, but still believed in God, because I knew that sort of thing is beyond reason to either side to debate

then she got to me the a few months ago and I told her that I stopped believing in god when she told me Santa Claus wasn't real when I was 7, making her have to accept responsibility for my lack of faith, then she cursed at me and cried and went to her room

making her have to accept responsibility for my lack of faith, then she cursed at me and cried and went to her room

You magnificent bastard.

but now I see that shes just being irrational 95% of the time and I understand why he acted like a dick sometimes

Exactly right. The vast majority of women are essentially nuts and only think with their emotions.

I was going to make fun of whoever posted this thread for being an angsty Hot Topic poster-child, but it's Zach and he's an intelligible fellow.

And yes, I see the same trend. Although it's more of she's having a mid-life crisis than she's getting dumber.

Edited by Clay

It's getting annoying now because she think she's right all the time. Gets in an 2 hour argument with me or dad, and then she looses and refuses to do the fucking dishes.. DEH BITCH (haha no I love her, but this accually happens)