Sign in to follow this  
Frosty_VooDoo

Thank you SG and JB

For the past few months you have all helped me out quite a great deal with a class project from the Sociology department at my College. The goal was simple: observe a consistent group of individuals, record their reactions to a number of situations, and diagnose the society you have choosen to follow. For my project I chose to follow SG's Jailbreak server population inside the server, and found some of the following results:

Society Type: Totalitarian (as if... that was any surprise at all...)

Level of Cohesion: Dysfuntional

Class issues: Yes

Racial Tentions: Severe (T's to CT's)

Attitude of Oppressed: Largely, surprisingly enough, obediant to the upper class. This was something that surprised me as I figured that you would see rebellers as the majority within the T social class, but it is actually a fair minority that will rebel even when the opportunity presents itself openly (having a gun placed infront of you just outside a stack, being gunplanted directly, etc etc.)

Attitude of Oppressors: Also surprising: mostly timid. A Majority of people who play CT will not: Issue Orders, execute a T themselves, Issue drop commands, or take over warden. This is rather odd behaviour of the upper class in any given situation, though in normal study tends to reflect a high-nosed value of non-interaction with the lower class.

"Problem" citizens: Given the general attitude of the lower class being a fairly constant variable it is easy to see when this attitude changes. Normally these changes occur (in an actual society) due to enough people getting fed up with something. On JB it can be linked to a number of individuals seeming to have a "Rebellion Aura" around them which makes all the T's more ready and willing to rebel, even if doing so means dying. These players are, on the T side:

SG Wind

FlavaDave

SG Papa

SG Blob

SG Dark Predator

Something about these five just make the T's go insane, seriously. On the CT side we have:

ItzMikey

Sketch

Mitch

Meowmix

-anyone vocally under the age of 17-

The number of T's willing to die to see these wardens dead is astounding, and represents almost a 60% increase in the number of rebellers on average until they are dead.

Pretty much everything after this gets into boring statistics and other such data I had to take down on the player-base as a whole, including comparing you to a living and breathing society (in your case, an actual jail). Got an A, so thanks for taking part in this experiment (even though you didnt know).

I do hope you got the Legal OK to do this. As well as the consent of every single individual that was online during your various studies.

If not, you dun goofed and got a massive load of shit to deal with now. Have fun.

Oddly enough, personal ID laws dont apply to virtual personas unless the IP is provided, nor do they apply if you are unnamed or given a moniker for the sake of an unpublished experiment based on observation. Thanks for... trying to be a dick? I guesS?

just ignore him, I like'd the study. However it did not surprise me much, if at all to be honestly.

If you play JB long enough, you notice these things.

Now, i'd love for you to do a ninja study on us in TTT, that'll be interesting!

Frost_Voodoo, I demand INFORMED CONSENT! Your sociology teacher should have informed you of the ethical implications of preforming a study without informing the participates before you begin. Am disappoint.

Edit: Just read Jesse's post. Sadface.

Guest J_MaFia

I dont inspire anything as a ct?

Oddly enough, personal ID laws dont apply to virtual personas unless the IP is provided, nor do they apply if you are unnamed or given a moniker for the sake of an unpublished experiment based on observation. Thanks for... trying to be a dick? I guesS?

That's funny, I strictly remember an individual who had to receive the go ahead from a review board before they did something similar with the World of Warcraft guild.

That's funny, I strictly remember an individual who had to receive the go ahead from a review board before they did something similar with the World of Warcraft guild.

Who the fuck cares?

Lol I barely even am warden. I just go on the ct side since sometimes I am bored of rebelling. Lol. Congrats tho :).

good to know t's hate me.

It's not that we hate you, It's just......well you know how us prisoners are. Having buttsex with guys and all is good it's just that we crave a feminine voice and yours is....well not deep. It's the closest thing we get to women here man..

It's not that we hate you, It's just......well you know how us prisoners are. Having buttsex with guys and all is good it's just that we crave a feminine voice and yours is....well not deep. It's the closest thing we get to women here man..

you're my age.