Sign in to follow this  
Balthazar

Ignorance: On the rise.

So lately I've randomly got into a lot of conversations over various topics and I would just like to say, it is amazing how ignorant people are these days, I mean I knew there were a lot of ignorant people, just not this many.

According to recent conversations:

1)Anyone who joins the military is a "gore junkie"

2)All black people are thugs and gangsters.

3)All gays are terrible people and a "disease"

I didn't think people could generalize such a large group of people with such simple statements but it explains why here in America, people are fucking stupid and foreigners hate us.

tl;dr: Foreigners, I hate Americans too. :3

Bold, but you can't even have the decency to post something serious first? comon mang.

I was too tempted :3

But I think it may just be because we're getting older. Which in turn I believe makes us more aware of what's going on around us. I can't stand the ignorance either that people spout out without thinking it through.

idk about #1, but what's so new about 2 and 3? For black people, that's been a stereotype for a long time and gays were hated a lot more ever since AIDS broke out.

It's some sad shit goin on these days :[

Not just the fact that there's discrimination/hatred towards black people/gay people but the fact that a lot of the population is stupid enough to believe in the stereotypes

Absolute truth

Absolute truth

Absolute truth

isn't it a bit ignorant to put all Americans into a bunch of different cliches?

Absolute truth

Honestly, there are a lot of stupid people out there and you shouldnt give two shits about what they think. The sad part is that they will continue to reproduce and Darwin will continue rolling in his grave.

isn't it a bit ignorant to put all Americans into a bunch of different cliches?

Balthazar: You really have to stop generalizing shit. Ignorant people do that.

I can tell you that people in California (inb4 some cliche about how everyone in California is gay and loves Mexicans) don't think that way. We may make jokes based on your race or orientation, but other than that we tend to be tolerant towards people who are tolerant of us.

I completely agree. Everyone in America is just a bunch of stupid fat racists who are all ignorant and we should all move to a different country because no other country has any people like that and America is just a bunch of stupid heads.

sarcastic rage about american stereotypes\

According to recent conversations:

4)All gingers have no "souls"

Fixed :D

We have the same problem with turks and people from morroko here. Every one has tons of shit about them.

But there is one difference, All stories about turks and marocs are accually true (not even kidding). About 90% of the turks and marocs under the age of 25 meet those stories.

So fucking true though. So many fucking ignorant people here in america.

Honestly, it's absolutely disgusting, considering the need for tolerance in the modern world. But what can you do, once a bigot, always a bigot. It's honestly pointless to try and rational why the fuck people think like they do, as most people (in my personal experience) will not change, and if you try to change them, they just spout useless bullshit.

Honestly, if you want to see the true America, go watch good controversial documentaries like Food Inc. Thank you for Smoking and other similar ones. Very good documentaries which highlight idiocy and ignorance in America.

So fucking true though. So many fucking ignorant people here in america.

Honestly, it's absolutely disgusting, considering the need for tolerance in the modern world. But what can you do, once a bigot, always a bigot. It's honestly pointless to try and rational why the fuck people think like they do, as most people (in my personal experience) will not change, and if you try to change them, they just spout useless bullshit.

Honestly, if you want to see the true America, go watch good controversial documentaries like Food Inc. Thank you for Smoking and other similar ones. Very good documentaries which highlight idiocy and ignorance in America.

Those documentaries also were filmed with a predisposed bias. Don't believe everything you hear.

I just don't see why everyone makes everything so complicated. When it comes down to it, we are all human beings more or less lol. No matter what the color of our skin, our gender, or our sexual orientation, we are all human beings, its our own insecurities that propel us towards bigotry, which people should learn to control, I don't have a problem with someone until they start having a problem with me, no matter who they are in any way. If you are going to be a good person or a good friend, I'll let you be one, and I'll be one to you, I won't judge based on any of those things, only the things that matter, like honesty, loyalty, respect, etc etc. I don't understand why people can't see it that way.

Those documentaries also were filmed with a predisposed bias. Don't believe everything you hear.

This.

Any documentaries about X topic have to be taken with a tablespoon of salt due to their ungodly bias and usually outdated/old material that has been digitally remastered to look like it was taken recently by modern cameras.

I just don't see why everyone makes everything so complicated. When it comes down to it, we are all human beings more or less lol. No matter what the color of our skin, our gender, or our sexual orientation, we are all human beings, its our own insecurities that propel us towards bigotry, which people should learn to control.

414_captain_obvious.jpg

If there is ignorance around in America, I blame the South. People say they're a generation behind when it comes to progress and everything and I believe that since people here don't seem to welcome or open up to new ideas.

First of all, fail image embedding, Second of all, You've used that before. L2Original. <3

I'm good, thanks.

If there is ignorance around in America, I blame the South. People say they're a generation behind when it comes to progress and everything and I believe that since people here don't seem to welcome or open up to new ideas.

I can semi agree to that. There are a large amount of people in the South east that are racist but it's from longstanding family hatred. A quote, which i can't remember, from an enlightenment philosopher named John Locke explains this. It's something like; "Man is not made evil but is born good and made evil from his peers". Prejudice can go from generation to generation to generation is why some southerners are like that.