Sign in to follow this  
UnknownLegend

Teamspeak 3

Supposedly Speex is better, but everything's a computational/bandwidth/quality trade-off, of course.

mhmm true...

Does TS3 also have GSM??? I haven't used it since it came out...I am TSilliterate now :(

Yes'm.

edit: Here's a link to the various codecs and how they rate their quality.

It's whatever. Channel Admins can change their codex to whatever they please, but don't come to me when your voice quality in your channel sounds like diarrhea.

I like Team speak, but I wish that there wasn't a password being used to keep people out of certain channels, especially if they're not even playing.

Bleh, channel admins hate me. D: Kicking me and moving me elsewhere when I'm in game with them. D:

Other than a few channel admins that could use a slap on the wrist, I really like team speak.

I like Team speak, but I wish that there wasn't a password being used to keep people out of certain channels, especially if they're not even playing.

Bleh, channel admins hate me. D: Kicking me and moving me elsewhere when I'm in game with them. D:

Other than a few channel admins that could use a slap on the wrist, I really like team speak.

Well the awesome thing about teamspeak is that there are logs. So if there are admins abusing then we have proof.

Seems pretty nice. Haven't had time to actually do any talking, but it's certainly prettier. Hopefully there's also a way to limit the dynamic range of mics like in Vent.

Well the awesome thing about teamspeak is that there are logs. So if there are admins abusing then we have proof.

This

And channels being passworded is much better.

It allows channel owners to invite people in without getting a staff member to give them permission

lol, it would be nicer if the channel admins weren't just handed out to random people though. I don't even know how many ppl already have the channel admin powers and aren't even in the clan.

lol, it would be nicer if the channel admins weren't just handed out to random people though. I don't even know how many ppl already have the channel admin powers and aren't even in the clan.

I'll fill you in.

Ex staff have channel admin.

Advisors have channel admin.

Those who purchase private channels have channel admin for their channel only.

ENGs have channel admin

Then there are those like me who work on specific things but aren't ENGs. I have channel admin on the WCS2 channel and DarkRP channels only.

and what about those with channel admin powers in LoL?

As far as I know, Tansen was never an ex-staff, nor was Hwanted an ex-staff, yet they're both channel admins on LoL

nope, but I think someone is bending the rules slightly and is giving out freebie channel admins to people who suck up to that said person.

nope, but I think someone is bending the rules slightly and is giving out freebie channel admins to people who suck up to that said person.

I think I can safely deny that...I suck up to said person all the time. I don't have CA. The people that get channel admin in a specific channel are usually people who are on TS alot and are in some way attached to the channels in which they have CA (as a contributor, tester, etc.)

And really, regardless of why, is it hurting you that these people have CA, or are you just a little butthurt? I'm not trying to be a douche, but this seems like a nonissue to me...