Sign in to follow this  
Oracion

Camping Terrorists

CT stays somewhere and doesn't move = slay.

T stays somewhere and and doesn't move and camps entire game = alive. Wut?

Again, to say for the third time, the main idea behind this rule is just to move the game along. Besides, I don't see this gamebreaking things, unless you want me to just get a huge group of people that don't even play the mod, and redo the rules. This is simply for a time fix.

As long as the T's don't die for camping. They can be beaconed, ghosted out completely, whatever. The second you let them be slayed, the game is ruined.

The second you let them be slayed, the game is ruined.

Again, this kinda goes with Oreo logic. You don't mind ghosting, beaconing, etc, but telling them to move = bad? I'm not following this logic you guys are presenting. They'd only get slayed if they really refused to move, and even then the T's have more than enough advantages on many maps. I see no logic behind saying "We can do all this, but slay = bad".

Again, this kinda goes with Oreo logic. You don't mind ghosting, beaconing, etc, but telling them to move = bad? I'm not following this logic you guys are presenting. They'd only get slayed if they really refused to move, and even then the T's have more than enough advantages on many maps. I see no logic behind saying "We can do all this, but slay = bad".

I don't mean that you should NEVER EVER have to slay a T, I'm just saying don't put anything in the MOTD allowing for the T to be slayed at admin discretion.

You can tell them to move, beacon them, ghost, tell them to move, whatever. In the end if the T is still camping and is raping the CT's, he should be slayed.

I may have expressed my opinion too aggressive because I strongly recommend T's shouldn't be slayed. I am sorry. I only mean to get my point across.

The second you let them be slayed, the game is ruined.

I don't think so because this would be a VERY specific case.

Personally I think the rule/s should go like this...

Rebelling Ts and pardoning for LR

-If there are 3 or less non-rebelling Ts and a warden wants a FINAL competition for LR then any rebelling Ts will be allowed an automatic pardon after 30 seconds of the warden stating their intention.(30 seconds is to allow CTs to still kill the T if they know exactly where the T is hiding)

---If a CT VISUALLY see's the rebelling T who has been pardoned then the T can be ordered to drop weapons. If the T refuse then they are considered rebelling and can be shot.

-If the rebelling T refuses to be pardoned then they may request any weapon from an admin.

---The T then must be actively engaging the CTs(similar to last CT)

---The automatic pardon is void at this time but the warden may still pardon the T if the warden wants.

---If the T refuses to be pardoned or engage the CTs then they are to be warned. Further refusal will result in either the T being beaconed or teleported(to a SAFE spot containing no CTs). As a last resort and only as a last resort the T can be slayed if their intention is clear they only wish to delay the round and grief the server.(Admins abusing this rule shall be dealt with harshly. Do not slay Ts unless 100% necessary.)

Oracion your proposal of this rule has been met with hostility, I don't think people want this.

when is any JB change not met with hostility?

It is like telling a kid to brush their teeth. Of course they don't want to but it is good for them.

okay, after carefully reading each post to see peoples takes on this, i have come to the conclusion to include a VARIATION of this rule.

if the rebelling T is holding up the game and the clock is already at 0:00, the warden must offer the T a pardon.

if said pardon is not accepted, the T MUST stop camping and end the round, one way or another.

it shall be at the discretion of any admins on the server to allow any guns to be given.

okay, after carefully reading each post to see peoples takes on this, i have come to the conclusion to include a VARIATION of this rule.

if the rebelling T is holding up the game and the clock is already at 0:00, the warden must offer the T a pardon.

if said pardon is not accepted, the T MUST stop camping and end the round, one way or another.

it shall be at the discretion of any admins on the server to allow any guns to be given.

i dunno, we have triv rounds that usually have 2 terrorists eliminated by that time

i dunno, we have triv rounds that usually have 2 terrorists eliminated by that time

well, my proposal is not perfect, but it is far better than the NO T CAMPING IF LAST REBELLING T rule.

plus anyone that has been on when there is that one douchebag terrorist that wont come out and doesnt want lr, knows we need something in place.

wait wait wait, you guys are looking too deep into this.

Do what nova says just beacon the fuckers. Problem Solved

after 0:00 if said t is camping like a bitch for lr in some dumb place, beacon the fucker and let a CT strike team take the fucker down.

Oracion your proposal of this rule has been met with hostility, I don't think people want this.

Of course not, cause it'd probably lower the T ratio of wins from 90%+ to 80%+. I think people are misunderstanding though the point of this idea, but they do have the choice.

I don't mean that you should NEVER EVER have to slay a T, I'm just saying don't put anything in the MOTD allowing for the T to be slayed at admin discretion.

You can tell them to move, beacon them, ghost, tell them to move, whatever. In the end if the T is still camping and is raping the CT's, he should be slayed.

I may have expressed my opinion too aggressive because I strongly recommend T's shouldn't be slayed. I am sorry. I only mean to get my point across.

The point isn't to get them slayed ASAP, it's to just get them to move so the round doesn't add an additional five minutes. They get a warning, a second warning then if they refuse to move and try to speed it up, then they get slayed. Not sure why everyone is now assuming it's insta-slay, though on JB it wouldn't surprise me.

Edit: Also, the vote is 6 yes, 9 no. This isn't exactly clear cut, Zach.

wait wait wait, you guys are looking too deep into this.

Do what nova says just beacon the fuckers. Problem Solved

after 0:00 if said t is camping like a bitch for lr in some dumb place, beacon the fucker and let a CT strike team take the fucker down.

Then how do you deal with a warden who refuses to give the T a pardon. That is the situation I normally see.

I don't think it would ever get to the point of having to slay a T. The only thing I can think of is if you teleport the T out then he immediately runs back into a vent. If that ever happens then they can come in here and QQ all they want. No one will give a shit because they want to QQ over being a griefing asshole.

Edit: Also, the vote is 6 yes, 9 no. This isn't exactly clear cut, Zach.

Seeing how I think that people think we are talking about an instant slay then I don't think that is clear cut either.

I'm all for making rules CT-sided (Zach and Blob know this all too well), but I can't agree to this.

It sort of undefines "jailbreak". I'm not sure how, but I just think it wouldn't go out too well.

the role of the Ts is to beat the CTs...

LR should not be the ultimate goal of the Ts, so other Ts shouldn't be forced to do something just because one twit wants LR and refuses to rebel like a good T would...

That being said, it is a pain in the ass to have a T who DOESN'T rebel and just hides...

I just want to point out that CT win rate is around 30% on most maps (according to this link), not 10%. On some maps it is as high as 40% (blackout, avalanche, texture, spyder). I don't think this rule would change the win rate very much, though, because most rounds end with a massive T victory or a successful LR.

I agree that admins should be allowed to beacon camping terrorists if there are no nonrebelling terrorists. I would also be ok with forced pardoning of the last terrorist after 0:00. I wouldn't be happy about a slay rule for camping terrorists but I wouldn't quit over it, either.

If he's holding up an LR then the CTs have to find him. Rebelling isn't just "kill CTs", rebelling is fucking with the CT's rounds as much as possible, whether it's; throwing guns into large groups of Ts, killing the warden and only the warden, resetting map based games, prolonging rounds to piss off the warden, taking advantage of bad orders, sacrificing yourself to open vents near groups of Ts, camping armory entrances, making compromises with the warden and fucking up the round to get you to come out, etc... Jailbreak isn't contextual deathmatch, rebelling in other ways is what makes it funny and interesting.

If the last terrorist alive is having himself a tea party in vent for half an hour and dragging the round on I think admins should warn him to get moving and them slay him if he continues to just sit there. The last thing JB needs is longer rounds.

CTs can go in vent after 1:00 so that's no excuse. If the CTs are too scared to hunt down the T that is dragging the round out, slay the CTs. Problem solved. It's the CTs job to find rebelling Ts, not the Ts job to come out.

How to lower round times by blob.

No Lrs for more than one person (unless whole team)

last t has 3 chances for acceptable lr before death

-s4s, dt, freeday, some others auto accepted.

Every round the warden pussies out on a final game and leaves two players to decide on an acceptable lr, which takes the same amount of time as a round.

CTs can go in vent after 1:00 so that's no excuse. If the CTs are too scared to hunt down the T that is dragging the round out, slay the CTs. Problem solved. It's the CTs job to find rebelling Ts, not the Ts job to come out.

Even with CTs looking in vents, on most maps it's not hard for a single T to hide for a good five minutes.

I am completely for this. A great example of this is on campus with the vent that leads to armory. I know many T's will simply camp there at the end of a round to try to clutch it, and normally fail.

In my opinion, camping as the second last terrorist to try and kill the last few ct's is pointless, first of all, as being the last terrorist to try and win the round by camping is ludacris, at that point they should be on the attack and not trying to defend an area. I guess in short, i'm trying to say that this rule seems to be pretty ethically and theoretically right. When the last T camps like that it's not only wasting time, it's plain fucking annoying. Would love to discuss the specifics with staff or whoever when/if the time comes when a rule is pending.

Obviously this is going to be a decent issue since we have a good split of people who want to see it in. The people who stated a reason for a rule change kinda agree with it, but not to a full extent. Kinda a 50/50 as to what it should be so this would take some thought.

It kinda sux cause not all maps are like lego... So T manages to avoid a ct the whole round, has no guns and then he get's slayed if he doesn't move? -.- But I do agree that if he's the last terrorist and just keeps camping in an invisible spot in order to lengthen the round then some actions should be taken to end the round.

What if a T rebels at the start of the round and then camps for the rest of the round and then makes the warden have to compromise and pardon him so he can compete with the last person for LR then good for that T. This rule would eliminate that and then any admin could slay any terrorist for hiding for any amount of time. It'll be abused by admin CTs, I'm calling that now. I hardly play JB anymore so whatever, but if this is a new rule then why bother :P? Half the time I'm a T and I'm camping vents, it's 50/50 whether I decide to fuck with the Warden to compromise his LR or if I decide to go out and take out the CTs.

Also, what would you do in this situation. Warden promises LR to person who wins *insert name of game here* but there's 2-3 terrorists hiding. They then want to compete for LR. Warden says no, they tell Warden to come find them. Why is that not the Warden's responsibility?

Just seems like you're not accounting for how it would affect the game other than it drawing out rounds. FFS just alt tab or something. Can't alt tab? SHIFT TAB. Browse or listen to music on youtube or something. There's a million things you could be doing while waiting for a round to end. Why should you not feel responsible for having to wait while dead? You're the one who fucked up or got killed by a rebeller. Don't like waiting? Don't die. Freekilled? Sounds like you have all the time in the world to talk to an admin then huh?

Why are CTs all of a sudden getting super duper special treatment?