Sign in to follow this  
Oracion

Camping Terrorists

Just a discussion I'd like to have with you guys about something that I thought of.

We give a lot of flak to CT's and the like who are trying to find one terrorist who is holding up the game, usually by camping in one spot or another waiting for CT's to come through. So my question is, would you guys want to see a rule put in about having camping terrorists who are holding up LR have to try to end it themselves by coming for CT's? I see it kinda unfair to have CT's go into every blindspot where any Terrorist can easily camp and just pick people off one by one. Should be on the same coin: If you're holding up the game, move it along by pursuing your target. This goes for any player overall.

Mind you this would ONLY be if you're holding up an LR, not during the actual game and you're hiding for the time.

What do you guys think?

I say no.. Terrorists are terrorists.... Just because they are holding up a lr doesn't mean that the terrorist has to pursue the cts. It should be the other way around always. So I don't think a rule should be made for this.

If you implement this I will never play JB ever again.

That'd be your problem. It's why I'm asking an opinion instead of just saying "HUUUUUUUUUUUUUR ITS IN".

It doesn't take long to search most maps. The T should be allowed to get the advantage of camping and surprising CTs to offset the disadvantages.

The problem really is CTs who don't think.

Admins should have discretionary powers to use against those Ts who are indeed trolling the game.

It doesn't take long to search most maps. The T should be allowed to get the advantage of camping and surprising CTs to offset the disadvantages.

The thing is, considering the win ratio of the Terrorists seems to be around 90%, the main idea of this rule is to just speed up the game when the CT's don't get facerolled early on.

Though I do like opinions on the matter.

The thing is, considering the win ratio of the Terrorists seems to be around 90%, the main idea of this rule is to just speed up the game when the CT's don't get facerolled early on.

Though I do like opinions on the matter.

The T win ratio is 90% because the majority of the CT team tends to be retarted. Oh and united nations, HURRR LETS GIVE THE TERRORISTS GUNS AND LET THEM KEEP IT.

The T win ratio is 90% because the majority of the CT team tends to be retarted. Oh and united nations, HURRR LETS GIVE THE TERRORISTS GUNS AND LET THEM KEEP IT.

This is true, but there are quite a lot of escape routes and guns for T's on some maps. You do have to admit that.

Look at Lego for christs sakes. That's like a whole other map in the vents.

Honestly the biggest problem I have seen with this is the warden refusing to pardon a hiding T. If any rule is added it should be that after X amount of time of stating a non-rebelling T is eligible for LR that the warden MUST allow any hiding Ts to be pardoned.

I have never seen a hiding T holding up the game. It is the warden refusing to give LR to the hiding T.

I have never seen a hiding T holding up the game. It is the warden refusing to give LR to the hiding T.

I'm kinda basing this on experience, cause there have been times where a T will just camp in some spot on some maps that you just honestly can't kill him from, or at least not easily. I'm thinking of this rule simply to cover some time for people to speed it up when this does happen on a round.

I mean, it's kinda like if a T camped in that hidden cell in Lego under the pool.. If the CT can't figure out how to get in, what do you do? Just rot for the time? I just dont' want to see people having to wait if people are just sitting in gay spots that leave little to no chance of progress.

My vote goes toward the NO side. This issue should be more of a moral thing for the player. If they want to be a total baddie and hold up the round, well I think thats just fine and dandy because the hatred of his/her fellow players will be punishment enough. Im glad you brought this up though.

Honestly the biggest problem I have seen with this is the warden refusing to pardon a hiding T. If any rule is added it should be that after X amount of time of stating a non-rebelling T is eligible for LR that the warden MUST allow any hiding Ts to be pardoned.

You've never been with me on Lego in tele tower when i'm a T.

OT:I never pardon those bastards, I just flush them out with 3-4 CT's.

@Oracion; The lego vent system isn't that hard to cut off. Just watch the entrance to pool and door to disco and you're good. Oh and 99% of the time CT's never get into position like they used to, now it's just open the door while running to your position. Tends to leave 5-10 seconds to get to a vent.

I'm kinda basing this on experience, cause there have been times where a T will just camp in some spot on some maps that you just honestly can't kill him from, or at least not easily. I'm thinking of this rule simply to cover some time for people to speed it up when this does happen on a round.

I mean, it's kinda like if a T camped in that hidden cell in Lego under the pool.. If the CT can't figure out how to get in, what do you do? Just rot for the time? I just dont' want to see people having to wait if people are just sitting in gay spots that leave little to no chance of progress.

Admin will step in and either rape the T or he'll come out after a minute or two. T's are stupid to do that anyway, they would want LR which the CT would then give them just to end the round. It's not hard to kill rebellers Oracion.

Maybe give the t a gun of choice cause on Lego you have a 12 round pistol, only wind coils pull that off.

Maybe give the t a gun of choice cause on Lego you have a 12 round pistol, only wind coils pull that off.

Not fair for the CT and just ruins the round.

I like that! If a T refuses a pardon then they will be given their gun of choice. If they don't leave their spot and are actively not engaging the CTs after being the gun then the admin can either teleport of slay.

Gives a whole new incentive to camp it out.

@Oracion; The lego vent system isn't that hard to cut off. Just watch the entrance to pool and door to disco and you're good. Oh and 99% of the time CT's never get into position like they used to, now it's just open the door while running to your position. Tends to leave 5-10 seconds to get to a vent.

Admin will step in and either rape the T or he'll come out after a minute or two. T's are stupid to do that anyway, they would want LR which the CT would then give them just to end the round. It's not hard to kill rebellers Oracion.

The lego vent is just an example. JB maps have a LOT of gay spots that you really can't approach too easily, and personally I've seen T's camp, and camp and camp it out constantly. Which is why I just thought of this suggestion. Also I'm not talking about when the CT's fuck up and don't get in position, I'm talking about all the guns/paths are are default in cells. Look at Siberia and tell me you don't get advantages on some maps.

And if you're fine with admin raping the T, why are you against this being in? Makes no sense.

What are you going to do, slay the T?

If any rule is added it should be that after X amount of time of stating a non-rebelling T is eligible for LR that the warden MUST allow any hiding Ts to be pardoned.

How about after 0:00 the T can automatically be pardoned according to MOTD.

I think that time should be taken into consideration.

Like Novocaine said, it is fun being a T when you literally cannot break any rules. With that said, it gets really fucking annoying when a T camps an area for an extended period of time, holding up the game even longer.

I think that after a certain amount of time (2, maybe 3 minutes) the camping T should be beaconed or slayed.

Camping for a minute or two can be useful, but if a T is going to camp in an area (for a long period of time) WAITING for a CT to come at him, something should be done to speed things up.

It's worth trying for a few days or so, see how it goes.

Btw, 300 posts and 69 thanks lol.

I think that after a certain amount of time (2, maybe 3 minutes) the camping T should be beaconed or slayed.

You never slay a T, it's not like they freekill, or any of the bullshit. All of a sudden we are able to slay T's for camping, our server will have a lot less players.

I would stop playing JB if T's were able to be slayed, that's just complete bullshit.

You never slay a T, it's not like they freekill, or any of the bullshit. All of a sudden we are able to slay T's for camping, our server will have a lot less players.

I would stop playing JB if T's were able to be slayed, that's just complete bullshit.

That's why I said beaconed or slayed. I kinda agree that Ts should never be slayed, but I think that a beacon is not unreasonable.

That's why I said beaconed or slayed. I kinda agree that Ts should never be slayed, but I think that a beacon is not unreasonable.

Or just have an admin ghost out what spots hes hiding in. If he was beaconed, depending on the map I could shoot through the wall and kill him. Just unfair.

CT stays somewhere and doesn't move = slay.

T stays somewhere and and doesn't move and camps entire game = alive. Wut?

Again, to say for the third time, the main idea behind this rule is just to move the game along. Besides, I don't see this gamebreaking things, unless you want me to just get a huge group of people that don't even play the mod, and redo the rules. This is simply for a time fix.