Sign in to follow this  
MagicRatt

Date? Or was it?

Alright so around two weeks ago I had planned a group outing to go see a movie. I invited a girl who I kind of liked and than invited a bunch of people we both know to just hang out or whatever. (The girl being someone who used to work at the same movie theater I worked at)

Anyways all my friends bail after finding out I invited her (knowing that I sort of liked her) and of course I didn't want to ditch out after inviting her. So I asked if it was alright if it was a one on one type of thing and she said she had been waiting to see the movie for a long time and absolutely wanted to go.

Now the confusing part for me. I have a hard time with the "game" or picking up cues. So this is the break down.

(Mistake #1) Going to my workplace where gossip would ensue.

We agreed to meet at the box office and she appeared beside me as I was getting the tickets / talking to my friend. He was caught a little off gaurd and there was a very brief moment of awkwardness/realization. I brushed it off though and we talked normally going upstairs. I asked if she was thirsty/wanted anything from concessions because I wasn't really sure if it was a date or just a hang out type thing. (So of course I brought like $60 with me)

She declined and possibly mentioned something about dinner (which I can't recall now or even at the time she said it). However dinner was mentioned and I didn't pick up on it. The movie was typical. Sitting for two hours in front of a screen. After the movie is over two of my co-workers/friends are waiting for everyone to leave the theater so they can clean it. We stop and talk for a while and they ask questions about what she has been doing after she quit, etc.

Than my friend asks, "Soooooo, any plans afterwards?" I don't know if she didn't like being put on the spot or whatever, but she said, "I don't know I will probably be going home to eat." So being completely noob I take that in the sense that she didn't want to grab dinner, but I am still not clear on this. (Was I supposed to ask still. More on this later)

(Mistake #2) Not asking if she wanted dinner afterwards beforehand.

So we go down to the second level of the mall and she notices that the mall is still open. We look over the railing down at the food court and there is a moment of silence (Again was this a sign? I honestly don't know). I told her that the mall was open later because of the holiday or something. She talked about another job in the mall she had for a while and decides to take me there. We walk in and it's a contemporary furniture type place (Lovesac) and couples are sitting on these big beanies and stuff so I was caught a little off guard. She talks to the guy working there about who quit/still works there, blah blah blah. I just kind of look around and stuff because I don't have anything to say at all. We leave from this place after 10 minutes and talk a little more as we head towards the exit. Upon coming out of the doors I ask where she parked and it's in the complete opposite direction from where I parked. So attempting to keep things casual I just kind of say, "Whenever you want to see another movie or something just send me a text or call and we can hang out." She thanks me and we part ways.

I still haven't followed through or anything and it's been about a week. So it's probably a bit late, but just wondering what I should do now? If anything.

I would definitely say she threw enough cues your way it should be up to you to contact her to try doing something again.

The gist I got from it was that if she left disappointed, which I'm not saying she did, it was because too little happened, and not because she had to spend time with just you.

Call her up, ask her to dinner. Do something where you can talk to her and connect instead of just staring at a screen.

A week went by. Eh, so what. Say you've been busy.

Keep texting her, next time ask her to dinner THEN to the movies, or just bring her to your house and watch a movie there.

Be casual about it, have confidence.

You have to talk to her and make her have the interest in you, not talking to her for a week is a no-no

Well... That was entertaining.

You should have asked her if she HAD to go home and eat, or if she would eat with you.

In the event of parking in complete opposite directions, You should have offered to give her a ride to her car or something like that.

You know, girls like it when you gesture that you want to spend more time with them. I'm also fairly sure you wouldn't mind either.

Give her a call or text, whatever suits you more.

Ask her if you wanna grab a bite and if you wanna watch a movie, if you're up for it, ask for watching the movie at home since you have a lot of co-workers/friends at the movies and that might hinder your shit.

Well... That was entertaining.

You should have asked her if she HAD to go home and eat, or if she would eat with you.

In the event of parking in complete opposite directions, You should have offered to give her a ride to her car or something like that.

You know, girls like it when you gesture that you want to spend more time with them. I'm also fairly sure you wouldn't mind either.

or just walk with her to her car...

That moment where your coworkers talked to you both after the movie and asked what you guys were doing after the movie?

That's where you gotta step up. Most younger girls want the guy to speak for them, want to see that confidence, that control.

Traditionally, the responsibility falls on the guy to make the decisions.

At that moment, if you had come out and said, "Oh yeah, we're going for drinks and dessert now" and then as you said that, you turn to her and give her a soft smile with a hint of amusement... you got it made :P

If you have any inkling that she likes you, and you KNOW you like her. Go for it like that, because she won't say no. She gave that night to you already. It's yours to enjoy.

bro in my opinion, u kinda failed on the ques and hints, last things girls i know want is someone who like that, now im not saying she is like that since i do not know her; and to answer your question this seems like she wanted it to be a date, and you just didnt get the memo.

In my humble opinion, you may have struck out with her and need to find someone else. Also, play it safe and have a back up girl waiting, thats what i did for the entire month long christmas break from college and i must say best decision ever

bro in my opinion, u kinda failed on the ques and hints, last things girls i know want is someone who like that, now im not saying she is like that since i do not know her; and to answer your question this seems like she wanted it to be a date, and you just didnt get the memo.

In my humble opinion, you may have struck out with her and need to find someone else. Also, play it safe and have a back up girl waiting, thats what i did for the entire month long christmas break from college and i must say best decision ever

Fuck this. You want it to happen, so be an alpha, make up for your mistake, and take charge. How are you supposed to be successful in the future if you walk away now with your tail tucked between your legs?

Men can be oblivious. It happens to everyone. Now is your chance to grow a pair and get what you want.

First date to the movies? - Not a great idea unless you guys are already kind of friends. It's sitting in the dark with a stranger for two hours with no communication... lol

Anyways, what's done is done.

Now, you need to text her what she's doin' tmrw, and ask her out after texting back and forth a bit, go for dinner somewhere nice, obviously not super expensive but not fuckin' McDonalds either, a nice sit down place.

Get to know her better blah blah blah.

Afterward since it's Friday, see if there's any parties you guys can hit up (or bars/club if you're old enough). Point is get a couple drinks in, then you can probably make-out a bit, who knows might get your dick sucked.

^If you don't want to do that party stuff, ask her back to your place and do some shit :)

First date to the movies? - Not a great idea unless you guys are already kind of friends. It's sitting in the dark with a stranger for two hours with no communication... lol

Anyways, what's done is done.

Now, you need to text her what she's doin' tmrw, and ask her out after texting back and forth a bit, go for dinner somewhere nice, obviously not super expensive but not fuckin' McDonalds either, a nice sit down place.

Get to know her better blah blah blah.

Afterward since it's Friday, see if there's any parties you guys can hit up (or bars/club if you're old enough). Point is get a couple drinks in, then you can probably make-out a bit, who knows might get your dick sucked.

^If you don't want to do that party stuff, ask her back to your place and do some shit :)

..Getting your dick sucked eh?

I wish I was right now...

But follow my simple steps and it can be achieved! lol

It's good advice...just not for him I think...taking a girl out to a club on a first 'date', meh don't think so.

It's good advice...just not for him I think...taking a girl out to a club on a first 'date', meh don't think so.

Pretty sure anyone with common sense knows he doesn't mean a club club, He probably just means a place with some music that serves alcohol.

You get what you need.

Live by it.

Don't put yourself down so much though, be confident. Girls love a confident person. It's not like you're the first person to miss social cues.

Exactly. If you do go out again and this time you take her somewhere, fuck the movies, go bowling or somewhere you can talk. Even if it gets awkward at bowling or whatever, at least you can focus on the game or something.

I seriously think she dropped some hints. Its hard to act on those sometimes though because you aren't sure its what they mean. If you really want this girl, go for it.

Pretty sure anyone with common sense knows he doesn't mean a club club, He probably just means a place with some music that serves alcohol.
since it's Friday, see if there's any parties you guys can hit up

Err...I don't know.

Either way, I wouldn't take a girl to a club, bar or anything like that, not on a first date at least.

since it's Friday, see if there's any parties you guys can hit up

Err...I don't know.

Either way, I wouldn't take a girl to a club, bar or anything like that, not on a first date at least.