Sign in to follow this  
Oracion

Server Log 12/7/10

This update mostly focuses on a few small changes to the servers to allow for more variety, as well as assisting us in determining what maps should be removed. Looking through the FTP list of maps, we have a LOT of maps that I have never seen or played, but yet we also have a short "Recently changed" restriction number. Majority of update involves a minigame overhaul to make it a bit more stable and fun.

Minigame

- The "Recently Changed" map restriction raised to 25 from 10 due to the high amount of maps on the server. This is done to not only make more maps available to be played, but to also get us feedback for other things, such as map removal and team balance.

- Team balancer has been added to Minigame, however this is very, VERY player dependent and we need feedback for this. Basically, we can make exceptions to what maps do not need the balancer (examples are smash cannons, ch_run, etc). We are looking for maps that have a set amount/limit of T or CT's on them so that we can remove them from the list to stop issues. Please report any of them to me or klark in a PM! It's easy to do and fast, so let us know ASAP.

- Total maps on server now down to ~130 from 184. Majority are either broken/redundant or not fun.

- Time for each map is now at 25 minutes, down from 40 to allow it to be more minigame, not forevergame.

Jailbreak

-Total rounds reduced each map to 8 from 10.

- The "Recently changed" restriction increased to 12 from 6.

Surf

- Set time limit per map set at 25 minutes. Should hopefully prevent the need for an RTV in order to change map.

Zombie Escape

- "Recently changed" restriction increased to 12 from 6.

- Total time per map increased to 40 minutes.

I think the recently changed restrictions have jumped in numbers too big, maybe start out a bit smaller, for JB from 6 to 9 and for minigames from 10 to 15-17, then we can see how that plays out.

As for the Team Balancer, I did not see any huge problems with the teams being unbalanced, the problem is that for many of the maps, all players must be on one team, so we need to find/create something that makes this happen for specific.

I think the recently changed restrictions have jumped in numbers too big, maybe start out a bit smaller, for JB from 6 to 9 and for minigames from 10 to 15-17, then we can see how that plays out.

As for the Team Balancer, I did not see any huge problems with the teams being unbalanced, the problem is that for many of the maps, all players must be on one team, so we need to find/create something that makes this happen for specific.

Eh, if it's a huge issue, people can open a topic on the forums. I'm trying to break the rut of doing the same popular maps over and over until people simply get sick of the game.

Team balancer was one of the most requested things for MG, thus it's why it's in. And I have played MG before where people just simply will not balance things, so IMO it's needed.

balancer in MG was soooo needed.

map time for ZE is probably too long. actually, I think I might play around with having different times for different maps. Some of the really long maps it would be good to have a long map time but there are some maps where rounds are very short so people get bored. Shorter map times would be better for the later.

map time for ZE is probably too long. actually, I think I might play around with having different times for different maps. Some of the really long maps it would be good to have a long map time but there are some maps where rounds are very short so people get bored. Shorter map times would be better for the later.

By all means mess with it a bit. I just raised it cause it was getting a bit old getting through only four rounds on some maps, so I wanted to make it more worthwhile.

Jailbreak

-Total rounds reduced each map to 8 from 10.

- The "Recently changed" restriction increased to 12 from 6.

Avalanche was available to be voted for 7 rounds after it was played, so I'm not sure this is true yet.

Map History:

Map : Started : Played Time : Reason for ending

00. jb_avalanche (Current Map)

01. ba_jail_uv_mothershipv2 : 22m ago : 22m : Normal level change

02. jb_sg_papas_kingdom : 49m ago : 27m : Normal level change

03. ba_jail_blackout_v10 : 1h 2m ago : 13m : Normal level change

04. jb_texture_jail_final : 1h 17m ago : 15m : Map Vote

05. ba_sg_spike_v1_5_1 : 1h 39m ago : 23m : Normal level change

06. jb_summer_redux_v1 : 2h 19m ago : 40m : Normal level change

07. jb_avalanche : 3h 15m ago : 56m : Normal level change

08. jb_space_jail_v1_fix2 : 3h 45m ago : 30m : Normal level change

09. jb_sg_papas_kingdom : 4h 17m ago : 31m : Normal level change

10. jb_lego_jail_v4 : 4h 51m ago : 35m : Normal level change

I'm looking at the config file and things weren't changed properly. I don't want to touch it incase if I might break anything though D:

Can someone change the ambient music in ze? it's really annoying when its playing at the same time as map music. Use zombie_ambient.mp3 instead, more than 3/4 of people who play zombie mods already have it downloaded since before we used zombie: reloaded.

If someone decides to do this, navigate to cstrike\cfg\sourcemod\zombiereloaded and open zombiereloaded.cfg

near the bottom, look for:

// Sound file, relative to "sound" folder, to play as ambience. This file is automatically downloaded to clients. [Dependency: zr_ambientsounds]

// Default: "ambient/zr/zr_ambience.mp3"

zr_ambientsounds_file "ambient/zr/zr_ambience.mp3"

In the last line, replace the text in the quotes with

ambient/zombiemod/zombie_ambient.mp3

Thanks.

Can someone change the ambient music in ze? it's really annoying when its playing at the same time as map music. Use zombie_ambient.mp3 instead,

How the hell is that any better? The zombie mod one has a lot more screaming and evil laughing.

I have never really been annoyed or noticed the ambient sounds on maps with music. However, I have a much better idea then changing the sound. Just turning it off completely.

How the hell is that any better? The zombie mod one has a lot more screaming and evil laughing.

I have never really been annoyed or noticed the ambient sounds on maps with music. However, I have a much better idea then changing the sound. Just turning it off completely.

the zreloaded sound is alot louder than zombie ambient. or just turn it off.

Sign in to follow this