Sign in to follow this  
Clay

Rank System Idea.

Obviously one of the most debated topics here is the (lack of a good) rank system. The current one is basically a copy of the other attempts we've had at making a rank system. It started with L0 (recruit) - L5 (IIRC), dropped that one, added it again with recruit and member, then we added levels again (L1 through Vet), then we got rid of Vet when we switched to sG, then we made it sG1-sG3. We've done a lot of the same with a whole lot of nothing coming out of it. So, I thought about it for a bit and decided to think up one of my own. The community has historically had very little influence on the way the rank system works, so I made this thread so you guys can voice your opinions on this.

Here's my idea:

Linear ranks

(Liner ranks are ranks that are achieved through time, and time alone. They follow a cohesive path and are very straight forward.)

Recruit

Requirements:

• Referral from two Power Member or higher members or a staff member

Bonuses:

• None (save the sGr tag)

Tag:

sGr | Clay

Clan Member (Entry level)

Requirements:

• Accepted after recruitment

Bonuses:

• Now a clan member.

Tag:

sG | Clay

Requirements:

• Three months of clan membership
  • 35 hours on the servers
  • 200 posts on the forums

Bonuses:

• Moderate e-peen boost
  • Closer to getting real benefits

Tag:

sG | Clay [M]

Power Member

Requirements:

• Six months of clan membership
  • 75 hours on the servers
  • 500 posts on the forums

Bonuses:

• $5 off admin
  • Large e-peen boost
  • One rank away from free admin
  • Access to the illustrious "Soapbox"

Tag:

sG | Clay [PM]

Elite Member

Requirements:

• One year of clan membership
  • 150 hours on the servers
  • 1000 forum posts
  • A referral from two other Elites or one from a Vet or higher

Bonuses:

• Free essential admin (admin packages defined below) with an immunity level of 1.
  • $5 dollar discount on admin packages
  • Custom user title on forums (underneath user name and class)

Tag:

sG | Clay [Elite|A] (Can be shortened to E, if you have a long name)

Veteran

Requirements:

• A year and a half of clan membership
  • 250 hours on the servers
  • 2000 forum posts
  • Referral from another Veteran or higher

Bonuses:

• Free basic admin with an immunity level of 2
  • $7 discount on admin packages with Supporter included (so really $10)

Tag:

sG | Clay [Vet|A]

Oldfag

Requirements:

• Two years of clan membership
  • 350 hours on the servers
  • 2500 posts on the forums
  • A referral from another Oldfag

Bonuses:

• Free extended basic admin with an immunity level of 3
  • $10 discount off admin packages, with Supporter included (so really $13)
  • Inflated ego due to being totally awesome

Tag:

=(UV)= Clay [A]... just kidding.

sG | Clay [Oldfag|A]

Special Ranks

(Special ranks are achieved through going above and beyond the requirements of the normal ranks. They are essentially e-peen steroids.)

DonorjMtXH.png

Requirements:

• DONATE at least $10 to the clan
  • Note: This does not mean through admin subscriptions. This is pure donating. There is absolutely no reason to donate right now, the only thing you get is a warm, fuzzy feeling that your money isn't being spent on pizza. There needs to be some hook.

Bonuses:

• A heart next to your name on the forums.
  • A custom user title (underneath your user name and class on the forums)
  • If you are a clan member, you can choose to waive either posts or server time for your next rank application

VIPcool.gif

Requirements:

• This class is given by the staff, by their discretion.
  • You must do something for the clan. This includes, but is not limited to: Making a popular map for the servers, making skins, making graphics, writing server plugins, helping staff out in a big way, etc.
  • Being ranked one on FailBreak does not qualify you for this.

Bonuses:

• Free senior admin with an immunity level of 3
  • VIP tag
  • Access to the Soapbox, regardless of clan rank
  • Small sunglasses dude next to your name
  • A custom user title (underneath your name and class on the forums)

Server Veteran

(Remember that VA thing?)

Requirements:

• Over 500 hours on one server
  • Rank of at least Power Member

Bonuses:

• Free senior admin with an immunity level of 3 on your server of choice

Tag:

sG | Clay [sV|SA]

Mapping Squad

Requirements:

• Must be a member of the Mapping Squad

Bonuses:

• MS tag next to your name
  • Joy of being in the second most dead category of the forums

Tag:

sG | Clay [MS]

Admin Classes:

Basic:

• Admin chat
  • Kick, ban, slay, mute, gag, silence, spray trace
  • Maximum ban length of 6 hours

Extended Basic:

• Admin chat
  • Kick, ban, slay, mute, gag, silence
  • Change map, set next map, set health, give, set cash, votes
  • Maximum ban length of 6 hours

Senior Admin:

• Admin chat
  • Kick, ban, slay, mute, gag, silence
  • Change map, set next map, set health, give, set cash, votes
  • The rest of the fun commands (time bomb, etc.)
  • Maximum ban length of a day

So much fucking typing. Time for a cigarette.

Addendum:

Alternate recruitment system:

Applicant requirements:

• One staff referral, or two PM or higher referrals
  • After a screening, the applicant must get 4/4 staff votes. If there are 5 votes against them at any time, they are denied.
  • After the staff vote passes, they are inducted in to the clan. They do not get access to the "Trial Period" forum.
  • They are a Clan Member for three months. This is similar to the recruitment period.
  • Instead of wearing the recruit tag, they have a regular clan tag.
  • If this user is a complete fuck-up, any clan member can start a thread against them in the Trial Period forum. They voice their complaints about the person, provide demos or post links (if necessary), chat logs, etc.
  • After their Clan Member period, in their application to member, the person is voted upon by the community.
  • NOW. You may be saying, "What in the fuck are you on? Three months of recruitment is absolutely retarded." But, think about it. It's not recruitment. And it's already 6 months until newbz level up to sG2 anyways... So, I'm basically giving them a faster way to get to being more "in" the clan, and I'm giving you an easier way to weed out idiots.

I like your ideas, Clay, except I like how the new rank system gives basic admin at 6 months, that way there is at least a small amount of control in the servers for lots of the sG members =x and jesus christ, how long did it take you to make this whole list?

tl;dr

idgaf

See that link at the bottom of my sig... click it, and then copy/paste

BTW.. this looks really good.

Thank you, sir. Also, consider him notified.

I like your ideas, Clay, except I like how the new rank system gives basic admin at 6 months, that way there is at least a small amount of control in the servers for lots of the sG members =x and jesus christ, how long did it take you to make this whole list?

Obviously it's up for debate, that was just my idea. Took me about an hour, give or take.

Wow Clay, I have to say this looks like good work.

I am not too keen on the names (I personally kinda like the names (more the symbols then the name) that we have now (^2, ^3)

But the actual ranks are VERY nice.

I like your supporter being able to waive either posts or server time, as this would be HUGE to some people (who don't post very much especially)

I also like it cuz it gives older members more of 'thanks' for sticking with the clan.

All in all, I would support these ranks (though maybe make new symbols for then (I like numbers as people don't have to know what the symbols mean)

Good Job.

edit: forum posts might be a bit... high though (in the later levels)

I disagree with marine, one year is fine because if your a deticated member, you'll have over 500 hours on one server, I also like putting ranks at the end of the name like before and a letter system. Very well thought out and very balanced. I hope staff deeply considers this.

Only opinion, might get grief, on the JB server the admin sets should be slightly modified to accommodate lrs like respawn, color change, lowgrav, etc.

Power Member

Requirements:

* Six months of clan membership

* 75 hours on the servers

* 500 posts on the forums

Bonuses:

* $5 off admin

* Large e-peen boost

* One rank away from free admin

* Access to the illustrious "Soapbox"

Tag:

sG | Clay [PM]

means you don't get shit danzone!!! ahaha :D <3

Love this, especially the Server Vet status :) But, didn't our time on HLStats reset or something? Because I'm a few weeks short at least in total time. Also, for the admin packages... teamswitch. We need teamswitch, my free admin now lacks it and it's lame.

What I like:

-Incentive to donate

-Ranks have names, and oldfag is in rainbow

-You need referrals from older clan members to rank up

-Server Vet

-VIP seems like a nice way to aknowledge folks who give a lot to the community

----------------------------------------

What I don't like is the posting requirement - I never have for gaming communities. It should, in my opinion, be based off of time in-game as well as playing with clan members (ie, do you play CS/SC/LoL/whatever while using a VoIP?). Have high posting requirements is "meh", look at the dumb shit new people post just to apply as a recruit.

I mostly like it, but I don't like how you equate posting a lot to being a loyal member. 3 posts a day, which is what most your ranks require on average, is a lot for some really good people and nothing for some awful people.

Clay, this looks really good, man!

Great initiative in putting this all together. I truly hope you get recognition; this should really be considered!!

I support this 100%

I also think it's a hell of a lot better than our current system, hopefully Staff will see this too.

I truly hope you get recognition

WAIT A SECOND!

VIP cool.gif

• You must do something for the clan. This includes, but is not limited to: Making a popular map for the servers, making skins, making graphics, writing server plugins, helping staff out in a big way, etc.

Bonuses:
  • Small sunglasses dude next to your name

Clay just want's a sunglasses dude next to his name!

:cool:

WAIT A SECOND!

Clay just want's a sunglasses dude next to his name!

:cool:

He is correcting a staff mistake make it 2 sunglasses dudes

:cool::cool:

This is really a great idea, like it.

Lold at oldfag =(UV)= tag :D

There is though I thing i disapprove, posts. Remember we had this rank system that posts didn't matter? Well, that or smaller anount, since posts don't mean shit, just spammers, seriously...

Also what Don came up with there.

Question, if this system were to be used, could ppl still be grandfathered to their equalivant ranks? I'd hope so.

Really thought out and well done.

The only problem is that the reason the move to the new rank system was to simplify things. lol. You just went in the opposite direction and went even more complicated(even though it is well laid out... complicated as in a lot there).

The only problem is that the reason the move to the new rank system was to simplify things. lol. You just went in the opposite direction and went even more complicated(even though it is well laid out... complicated as in a lot there).

This is pretty straightforward, I'd bet at least 40% of the clan could figure it out.

it was more like lazy and jewish, and someone decided to shut down recruitment while it was supposed to get figured out so the new system was also hastily put together.

This is pretty straightforward, I'd bet at least 40% of the clan could figure it out.

lol'

It may look like a bit much, but imagine it all cleaned up into a neat table? -that'd probably look sexy

Sign in to follow this