Sign in to follow this  
Clay

Getting in a fight tonight.

So this kid has been talking shit for a while, and is now stepping up to the plate and we're fighting. I've never been in a fight before. It's so appropriate that I watched Fight Club two days ago. My plan is to go Tyler Durden on him. If I don't think I can win after I size him up, I'm just going to fight until I can't anymore. I'm not losing to this kid. Any tips? My current plan is to hit him as hard as I can below the rib cage to fuck up his breathing and just fuck his day up from there.

brb playing manhunt and street fighter.

You're going about it all wrong

You guys most likely won't fight

But if you do, step on his foot so he tries to pull away, with your foot still on his, punch him in the throat

Then kick him in the shin

Also remember to attack nose throat and nuts

You're going about it all wrong

You guys most likely won't fight

But if you do, step on his foot so he tries to pull away, with your foot still on his, punch him in the throat

Then kick him in the shin

Also remember to attack nose throat and nuts

Shins and face are what you need to aim for. A fight is a fight, so hit where it counts. If he's on the ground at any time, don't let him get back up.

A typical mistake is putting your thumbs inside your fist. You will break your thumbs that way. Keep them outside.

Other then that, you are screwed as it just takes practice and training to learn how to fight.

Keep your arms and fist up at all times to your face to block. Bend your knees and center your balance. Keep moving.

How does this sound?

Get him to punch me in the face, first thing. This gives me a chance to determine how hard he can punch, and initiates the fight. Hook right, beneath the eye. If he backs up, sparta kick to chest (I'm getting this in, somewhere). As soon as he drops, my knees are going to be on his chest, I don't weigh much, which is a major disadvantage. Continue with quick jabs to face, cover various important areas. Aim for shins and knees with a low kick or two. But I'm getting in a few hooks, and hopefully an uppercut. I'm wearing my friend's girl pants to make it worse that he lost. I'm not losing this fight.

I'm keeping all these in mind, though.

Listen to me Clay.

Keep your hands up in defense at all times, strike at the jaw, that's the knockout. Body shots if open, but mind you he's gonna want to hit your face too.

Do NOT go running in at him, pick him apart, stay very light on your feet and bounce around - it might look strange but it's effective.

Do NOT have any substance before the fight, not even a shot, you wanna be as sharp as possible going into this thing.

You might want to look up some boxing stances if you don't have any experience.

And if you know this guy has wrestling experience be very sure to keep your distance, because he'll easily take you down and ground and pound.

Good luck, don't puss out (not that you will), and kick his ass.

Get him to punch me in the face, first thing. This gives me a chance to determine how hard he can punch, and initiates the fight.

If you want it to end fast for you, do that. Usually the point in a fight is to not get hit as much/as hard as possible. Just try and get the advantage ASAP.

Nah... screw it. Puss out and sign up for some boxing classes so you are prepared next time.

As to getting out of the fight; when the fight starts immediately drop your pants and start screaming at him to suck your dick like a crazy mad man. He won't want to fight you.

Don't hit his nose in an upward position, you'll break it and push it into his brain killing him.

This^ What most people on here are telling you, gives a great chance of putting him in the hospital with extreme wounds and possible head damage. You need to play it smart and not do that. Do what Centran said about the fist thing, Do not keep your thumb inside your fingers, but make sure it is outside and that your thumb is lapped on your fingers and it's parallel to the lines in your hand(Hopefully you know what I mean) This will help in keeping your thumb from having a high chance of being broken(One of the basics I had to learn and practice in Kung Fu) Now for the fighting part, Try your best not to hit his face temples, nose, bottom part of his chin(Upper cups) because those could become life threatening hits, if he's hit hard enough. If anything, the side of his jaw would give out a lot of pain without doing any possible brain damage(unless you miss and hit him in the areas I said have a high chance of severe damage). Now for body shots, If you're sure he's the type of person who had to really take a lot of time to convince himself to fight you, then most likely he will back down or try to avoid throwing the first punch. If that's the case, then the fight probably wouldn't happen. But if it does, I'd recommend for good shots that don't involve the head to hit in the: lower ribs, center of chest(Try to avoid diaphragm), Side of jaw(be careful not to hit temple or throat) and any other spot that seems good to hit that won't have a high risk of putting him in the hospital. But if once you get into the moment you probably won't remember this simply because the other guy will probably try hitting you in all the severe spots because of being in the moment. Try to also remember not to let yourself get put on the ground, otherwise he will have the advantage and win, if anything, you'd have an amazingly high chance of winning if you could manage to have him on his back on the ground while you're on top.

Edit: These quotes are the ones I'd recommend you follow through with for good advice

If you want it to end fast for you, do that. Usually the point in a fight is to not get hit as much/as hard as possible. Just try and get the advantage ASAP.
Listen to me Clay.

Keep your hands up in defense at all times, strike at the jaw, that's the knockout. Body shots if open, but mind you he's gonna want to hit your face too.

Do NOT go running in at him, pick him apart, stay very light on your feet and bounce around - it might look strange but it's effective.

Do NOT have any substance before the fight, not even a shot, you wanna be as sharp as possible going into this thing.

You might want to look up some boxing stances if you don't have any experience.

And if you know this guy has wrestling experience be very sure to keep your distance, because he'll easily take you down and ground and pound.

Shins and face are what you need to aim for. A fight is a fight, so hit where it counts. If he's on the ground at any time, don't let him get back up.
A typical mistake is putting your thumbs inside your fist. You will break your thumbs that way. Keep them outside.

Other then that, you are screwed as it just takes practice and training to learn how to fight.

Keep your arms and fist up at all times to your face to block. Bend your knees and center your balance. Keep moving.

Don't hit his nose in an upward position, you'll break it and push it into his brain killing him.

most of the aim here aim here aim here tips are cool and all... but you I don't think you're gonna be thinking that much.

Just remember, keep swinging at his face, try to get a neck shot, if he runs go after him. if he hits the ground, quickly stomp on his face.

nose, throat, sternum, gut and crotch. if he has any experience fighting, he will know to bend his knees.

by the way, when he hits you, concentrate all your mind on your toes. it makes you think of your toes rather than the punch. its how those crazy people take shots to the throat and nose and not feel it.

The best advice in here is center your balance and always block. I've practiced jujutsu and mui thai since I was 6 (family is into martial arts), and I can honestly say that as your first fight, you will do better if you just fight defensively.

Like Mayo said, bend your knees, keep your balance. Always be moving, this will make it harder for him to hit you but also give you extra force when you throw a hit. Do not hit him in the throat. However strong you are you can break his trachea, and then you are royally fucked. I'd say get him to the ground... but that's just how I fight.

Wait for his first strike, don't bother trying to dodge it - you have to be very quick and know what to expect. Instead try to deflect it with your own hands/arm. If you can make him loose his balance, you gain the advantage and can take him down or strike... otherwise wait until after he strikes to make a move. If he is inexperienced he will loose control of his balance and won't be able to block. Good luck

EDIT: After reading through these posts, I don't think more than 1 or 2 people have actually been in a real fight. luls

exhale when you throw a punch, inhale when you pull back. Keep breathing.

This. Or you will become winded. It also will work as a mantra of sorts, and you will hit harder.