Sign in to follow this  
Lazzy

How close have you come to dying?

wait im confused. how is it lucky that ur mom had melanoma?

I guess it's just like how cervical cancer runs in my family. The more it's in your family, the more you tend to get checked earlier for it. Family history is very important. You can catch things ahead of time when knowing family history.

God damn... What were you doing so high up and falling?

First time I thought I could fly.

2nd time people were doing tricks while sliding down a fireman pole in the playground, I did a couple of tricks but eventually it started to rain, I went down, I flew! And crashed...

3rd time me and 30 other kids were rough housing on playing equipment that was made only for like 10 kids lol, I fell off a ledge and I fixed my arm from the 2nd time! Strange I didn't break it, because this was from a higher place lol.

And as I said, now I stay away from ledges and are afraid of heights too :D

p.s. the 2nd and 3rd time all happened in the same play ground lol

First time I thought I could fly.

2nd time people were doing tricks while sliding down a fireman pole in the playground, I did a couple of tricks but eventually it started to rain, I went down, I flew! And crashed...

3rd time me and 30 other kids were rough housing on playing equipment that was made only for like 10 kids lol, I fell off a ledge and I fixed my arm from the 2nd time!

And as I said, now I stay away from ledges and are afraid of heights too :D

]

Oh man me too.. I've been afraid of heights the day I was born :P

When I was a kid I slide down a railing and flipped over it falling 2.5 stories onto concrete. broke my wrist which saved my life.

I only have to say, holy crap. Thank whatever god you believe on luck that u didn't hit your head.

Sorry to hear about your friend.

I lost one of my friends in a car accident before. He was walking home from his girl friend's house early in the morning. Some guy in a camero hit him as he was crossing the street and kept going. He hit him so hard that my friend was severed into pieces. Luckily they got the guy who hit him, but I feel it was a horrible way to go. The detective in charge of the investigation actually called me asking if I knew him, but I didn't hear the phone ring and after I heard the message (they didn't tell me why they wanted to know if I knew him) I didn't call back because I thought my friend was in trouble with the police. I noticed he didn't show up for work the next couple of days then my boss out of the blue said, Did you know he died? That's when I heard about what happened and then later his brother had called me to tell me about his funeral. I still couldn't believe he was gone...

I've had my brush with death several times, most of the time it was because I was being an idiot. Although one time when I was really young, before I knew how to swim, my cousin tried to drown me twice. I don't really know what the bitch's problem was... One time I was on one of those inflatable raft in her pool and she tipped it over while I was in the deep end knowing I didn't know how to swim. Luckily (since no one was watching us) I held my breath and walked along the bottom of the pool to the shallow end where I was able to get out. Then another time when I was dressed and almost ready to go home, she pushed me into the deep end and my mother was actually there to help pull me out.

One of the times I almost died due to my stupidity was when I went ... can't really think of the word at the moment but it was on one of these thigns...

sea-doo-rxt-x.jpg

My friend and I had taken some acid and thought it would be a good idea to ride these. It was my first time riding one and the acid hit us pretty hard. I have to say it was mostly due to my friend being an idiot because his dad was teaching me how to ride it and I felt very uncomfortable because he kept telling me to speed up. My friend was going back and forth by him cutting in front of us constanstly. Then one time he cut infront of us and stopped to look back to see where we were. Unfortunately we were right there and I didn't have any time to avoid him. Luckily I remembered what the safety video told me about not cutting the gas and I tilted and gas'd it a little to avoid hitting him head on. If I hadn't I would have probably hit him right on the side and cut him in half. Instead I bruised him and wrecked the sea doo.

his dad, himself and I went flying crashing into the water. If it wasn't for the life jacket I had on I would have drowned because I had no idea what was going on. I just popped out of the water to hear my friend screaming OMG OMG!!! over and over really loud. I asked if he was ok and he suddenly stopped yelling and said... yeah I'm fine. Then he said, OMG where is my dad? And we didn't see him anywhere. So we started to call out for his name and out of no where his dad pops up and says he's ok.

the worst part was being towed back I couldn't help but laugh (because of the acid) non stop. My friend kept saying Stop Laughing!! and I told him I couldn't help it, I didn't want to laugh but it was just making me. His dad later asked my friend why he got right infront of us and stopped but didn't really listen for an answer. Needless to say he was pissed we crashed the waverunners. Then later my friend was in the trailer while he dad was trying to fix the RV (something happened so the RV wouldn't start and his dad was fixing it, so we were in the RV for the rest of the day) and he looked at his foot and thought it was crushed. He freaked out and then realized he was just tripping.

Also flipped my car four times on the freeway when my tire blew going 120 and we skidded to the side of the freeway (I was sober this time) and hit a bank and rolled on one of those islands between the on ramp and freeway (luckily it was where the tire blew, if it had been a mile down we would have flew off the side of the freeway and dropped down to the streets below). My friend and I both came out without any injuries, but went to the hospital regardless. This was on our way back to school for our last period (we had block scheduling so we had period 2, 4, 5 on the same day for 2 hours each. I didnt have a 4th period so we went out somewhere and were coming back). Should have just ditched the rest of the day,...

Sorry about your friend, I've never been close to death but our school recently has had a few graduate's and current students getting killed/seriously injured. A month ago a graduate got killed in a car accident that as far as I know wasn't his falt. Then two days ago one of are football players fell off a moving vehicles trunk and hit his head on the concrete. He is currently in serious condition and they are inducing a coma for now.

My condolences buddy.

Lets see....When I was 16 I was riding around with friends and they were being dumb and driving over 100mph until they lost control and we flipped over 10 times and my seat buckle broke and I flew out the back window cutting my head and the back of the car landed on me. Only had the cut on my scalp and a hole in my hand.

When I was 17 I used to swim in the rapids and got swept down this really bad spot and got sucked in to a pocket and some how got out. Lucky

5 years ago I served in Iraq over 130 days of combat, was hit by 43 IED, and shot in my hip. Lucky

I've lost a lot of close people and regardless of how they passed it isn't easy so stop being douches fuck faces.

Again my condolences

November 4th, 2008.

I swallowed each of the following:

Tylenol (35)

Aspirin (50) (Which I had believed myself to be allergic to.)

Ritalin (25)

Concerta (11)

Some sleeping Pill (10)

Hydrocodone (21)

And slept for about 30 hours, woke up, and was perfectly fine.

Did the same thing the next week after getting released from the asylum, no problem. Fucking sucked at the time.

^_^

You were 20 2 years ago.

Congratz u can dig up old shit

have_a_cookie.gif

But anyways i could add more to my list

Ive been hit been 4 cars 2 trucks 1 motorcycle 1lawn tractor (no blades)

Ive fallen off roofs and broken ladders and the worst if ever gotten was a sprain

Ive been shot at by shotguns and pistols ( not just in CSS)

Ive been Knocked out by a mob

But i digress my dads side of the family doesn't stay down. the best example i can prove this is my Grandpa Wes who has shatered every bone in he body attest 20 times and finally dies 3 yrs ago (89 yrs old)

I worked under the table at a junk yard 2 years ago. trying to remove a half-full 15-20 gallon gas tank from a car with the wrong tool (a diesel forklift) it was just me and another guy i worked with. could not get the tank of with anything else. we turned the car on its side and tried to pry the tank off the car with the fork. it scraped the side of the tank, putting a hole in it, and a couple sparks. it ignited slowly. shortly after, we had a nice 40 foot bonfire. if the fork didnt put the hole in it, the tank would have exploded like a bomb and i would not be here right now.

i got stuck in whitewater rapids that sucked. was stuck in there for 45 sec was half conscious when another raft knocked me out of the whirlpool. me and my friends laughed it off but i was scared shitless.

I died in my dream, woke up as soon as I died and didn't realize it (or that I was dreaming before)...and all I saw was black. I actually said aloud, "Well I guess I didn't make it to heaven".

Then from upstairs I heard a *ding!* and someone yell, "Popcorn's done woooohooo" and I realized it was all good. I'd be lying if I didn't say for a solid 15 seconds I was scared shitless.

I died in my dream, woke up as soon as I died and didn't realize it (or that I was dreaming before)...and all I saw was black. I actually said aloud, "Well I guess I didn't make it to heaven".

Then from upstairs I heard a *ding!* and someone yell, "Popcorn's done woooohooo" and I realized it was all good. I'd be lying if I didn't say for a solid 15 seconds I was scared shitless.

Fuck, man... That must have been terrifying. I hate when my dreams actually let me die. Usually I wake up before it happens... but when I wake up after it happens... well, you know the feeling.

Glad you didn't actually die, though!

People here seem to like you.

Fuck, man... That must have been terrifying. I hate when my dreams actually let me die. Usually I wake up before it happens... but when I wake up after it happens... well, you know the feeling.

Glad you didn't actually die, though!

People here seem to like you.

My dreams are always incredibly vivid, and I generally (almost nightly) become lucid. However, I did not that night, and it was just as vivid. Tricky subconscious. I've woken up with the whole phantom-feelings going on when I am harmed in a dream, when I don't become lucid... The best I could describe what happened would be "phantom-death".

If I did actually die, I'd be sure to come back to make a post in D&S on whether ghosts were real.

haha man thats great xD, you guys ever get that feeling right before your about to fall asleep and you feel like the bed disappeared and ur falling?

haha man thats great xD, you guys ever get that feeling right before your about to fall asleep and you feel like the bed disappeared and ur falling?

nope.

just you. dont you feel awkward.

This afternoon I was biking back from class and I heard a "WHIZZZZZ" and the left side of my vision kind of went darkish. A bus had just passed within inches of my ear, which is quite close in proximity to my head.

I wondered what would've happened if I had happened to swerve a little bit to the left to avoid a dead rat I had just seen.

This afternoon I was biking back from class and I heard a "WHIZZZZZ" and the left side of my vision kind of went darkish. A bus had just passed within inches of my ear, which is quite close in proximity to my head.

I wondered what would've happened if I had happened to swerve a little bit to the left to avoid a dead rat I had just seen.

Wait, where is your ear located..?