Sign in to follow this  
adam :)

Just because the Mayan has a calendar that they quit counting, well, they quit counting. You can't predict the end of the world, sir.

Considering the whole world continues to keep speaking about this I want to know what peoples views on it are.

No one can predict the world, Obliviously but what about this thing - http://www.examiner.com/exopolitics-in-seattle/web-bot-1-2-billion-dead-bp-oil-spill-nov-2010-nuclear-war-accurate-will-ets-intervene Whatever that long writing says.

Apparently that predicted 9/11, Apparently It's predicting some war that probably wont happen.

BUT. That's why I created this thread, For peoples views on this kinda " Web bot " And Talk about 2012.

Considering the whole world continues to keep speaking about this I want to know what peoples views on it are.

No one can predict the world, Obliviously but what about this thing - http://www.examiner.com/exopolitics-in-seattle/web-bot-1-2-billion-dead-bp-oil-spill-nov-2010-nuclear-war-accurate-will-ets-intervene Whatever that long writing says.

Apparently that predicted 9/11, Apparently It's predicting some war that probably wont happen.

BUT. That's why I created this thread, For peoples views on this kinda " Web bot " And Talk about 2012.

Just my opinion, the world isn't going to end in 2012.

The world keeps talking about 2012 because it scares then that it's going to happen.

It probably wont, But who knows. The world could end at any time and we wont know about it, Unless of course it's a slow end.

@ Nitestalker Didn't see no thread's about this. If I did I would of read that and not create this.

the mayan calander is just like our calander.. when a cycle ends, a new one begins.. go back 100 years and our calanders "ended" too, but we are still around to make updates.. they arent.. simple as that

People have had tons of theories claiming how the world would end, lining up of the planets, suddenly earth imploding etc. All of these have been proven false logically. Although me and my buddy think society may just collapse because some people will go crazy cause they think it will happen

the mayan calander is just like our calander.. when a cycle ends, a new one begins.. go back 100 years and our calanders "ended" too, but we are still around to make updates.. they arent.. simple as that

There is actually at least one Mayan calendar with like 20 b'ak'tuns instead of 13, which is year four-thousand-something AD. The whole thing is based around one tiny fragment of a huge stone block mentioning the end of 13 b'ak'tuns and something about Bolon Yokte' K'uh, and a single badly translated line from the Chilam Belam, which was written after the Spanish conquest anyway.

Although I do firmly believe the world WILL end, it won't have anything to do with the Mayans.

Guest Waffle
It probably wont, But who knows. The world could end at any time and we wont know about it, Unless of course it's a slow end.

@ Nitestalker Didn't see no thread's about this. If I did I would of read that and not create this.

Did you even bother using the search function? I got five threads about 2012.

http://www.syndicate-gamers.net/showthread.php/9673-End-of-the-world-in-2012?highlight=2012

http://www.syndicate-gamers.net/showthread.php/10286-Possible-cause-of-the-end-in-2012?highlight=2012

http://www.syndicate-gamers.net/showthread.php/3797-The-end-of-the-world.?highlight=2012

http://www.syndicate-gamers.net/showthread.php/4040-End-of-the-world-2?highlight=2012

http://www.syndicate-gamers.net/showthread.php/29920-2012?highlight=2012

After the 13 b'ak'tuns didn't they believe something of huge importance would happen? They never said the world would end, but it is reborn in a sense. I am one of the people who simply believe something big will happen, whatever it is.

Also, my birthday is on December 21st so I am pretty stoked. I'll be turning 22 that year, so I am throwing an end-of-the-world-birthday-bash, with the theme "Commit One Last Sin!" :-P I even already have a yellow and white circus tent reserved!

But, to be honest, that is going to be an election year and everyone is gonna be like "OMGWTF MAYANS SAY WE WILL DIE" and no one is gonna give a fuck about the election... It will be at this point Obama will grow his devil horns and turn our Great Country communist, whites will be the minority, and the USD's value will plummet.

After the 13 b'ak'tuns didn't they believe something of huge importance would happen? They never said the world would end, but it is reborn in a sense.

No... there's a single stone fragment noting some important ceremony would be held, but so would it at the end of every b'ak'tun. No one knows WHY they'd particularly mention the 13th one, because from this massive stone tablet, we don't even have a full sentence to work with. And the Chilam Balam is simply badly written, and probably doesn't contain any references to it at all.

The Mayans had a ton of life/death/rebirth stuff, but so did (and does) pretty much every religion on Earth. Their religion was just strongly tied to astrology and astronomy because they were just so good at it.

So after Billions of years of the Earth existing, It's suppose to have a specific end date by something we do not know of? Oh, That's cool....Sounds like the Christian Extremists who start preparing for a rapture every time there is a new war just because they think "GOD HAS PLANNED THE END OF THE WORLD" It's rather immature and naive for anyone to believe that something ground breaking will happen at a set point in time without questioning it.

So after Billions of years of the Earth existing, It's suppose to have a specific end date by something we do not know of? Oh, That's cool....Sounds like the Christian Extremists who start preparing for a rapture every time there is a new war just because they think "GOD HAS PLANNED THE END OF THE WORLD" It's rather immature and naive for anyone to believe that something ground breaking will happen at a set point in time without questioning it.

Immature, no. Naive, yes.

When a massive solar flare erupts, or comets come flying from the sky, or a huge sea monster eats a Carnival cruise ship - I will be sitting with a smile and a beer at my birthday bash. YOU WILL SEE!

It's rather immature and naive for anyone to believe that something ground breaking will happen at a set point in time without questioning it.

But if you do question it and still decide it's of merit, then it's still cool bro.

Don't knock it.

Guest Joe Barbaro

Sharkmage, are you preparing for 2012 since you think the world will end?

Guest Waffle

I can't wait until mass panic in 2012. Just imagine the headlines the day after the world is supposed to end, millions killed, millions homeless, whole world fucked itself over. :3

I'm only wishing for this to happen.