Sign in to follow this  
Longcat

The Last Airbender

Do not under ANY circumstances see this movie. It is the single worst move I have seen in the past decade, possibly in my life. It is a meandering, confusing, and personalityless abortion of cinema. If you have not seen the TV show, you will not understand it and if you have seen the show, you should stay far away from this terrible misconstruction. Go see Karate Kid, it is fucking fantastic. Go see Eclipse. It has to be better than this.

lol. I watched Grown Ups, might have been just 5 fat people throwing jokes at each other, but gave me and my friends a good time ;)

Uh oh... im seeing The Last Airbender today.. should i back out?

Yes, you should. I walked in expecting a fantastic movie. They couldnt even pronounce Aang, Sokka, or AVATAR correctly! It is that bad and you need not waste your money on it. Just watch the TV show online somewhere.

Guest Waffle

Aang= An? Sokka= Soaka? Avatar=Ayvatar? :o

I already knew it was going to be shit when they made Zuko look nothing like he did in the show. :(

Go see Eclipse. It has to be better than this.

Strong words....I want to see it based on the trailer. I havent watched the TV shows, but I understood everything from the trailer.

gahh im supposed to go see it on friday. and I had a good feeling from watching the trailer it might be crappy... from what i see so far, it has terrible acting (from the trailer) and it's only book 1 so everyone's gonna be confused. having second thoughts but i might just go to chill with friends

Do not under ANY circumstances see this movie. It is the single worst move I have seen in the past decade, possibly in my life. It is a meandering, confusing, and personalityless abortion of cinema. If you have not seen the TV show, you will not understand it and if you have seen the show, you should stay far away from this terrible misconstruction. Go see Karate Kid, it is fucking fantastic. Go see Eclipse. It has to be better than this.

sooo...thats a 6 and a half out of ten? yeah? Kay.

:P

---------- Post added at 03:14 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:12 PM ----------

Aang= An? Sokka= Soaka? Avatar=Ayvatar? :o

I already knew it was going to be shit when they made Zuko look nothing like he did in the show. :(

Who can you HONESTLY think of to play zuko and LOOK like him? I mean, really.

---------- Post added at 03:15 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:14 PM ----------

Toy Story 3 FTW

FO SHO

Guest Waffle
sooo...thats a 6 and a half out of ten? yeah? Kay.

:P

---------- Post added at 03:14 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:12 PM ----------

Who can you HONESTLY think of to play zuko and LOOK like him? I mean, really.

---------- Post added at 03:15 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:14 PM ----------

FO SHO

I meant he didn't even have the fucking ponytail.

Guest Waffle

Face it, Hollywood fucks Asian shit up.

Look at Dragonball, they had a CANADIAN play an ASIAN. Seriously, that's not even cool and that movie sucked.

Now they are having Dev Patel play Zuko, not that he's a bad actor, he's pretty good in Slumdog, I just think there could be someone better, also better actors/actresses for Sokka and Katara.

The film so far has received almost universally negative reviews, earning a 6% score aggregrated from 62 reviews on Rotten Tomatoes.[54], surpassing Furry Vengeance as the lowest rated film of 2010. The critical consensus is that "despite flashy special effects, The Last Airbender squanders the potential of its popular source material on an incomprehensible plot, laughable dialogue, and a joyless sense of detachment."

Another site, Metacritic, gave it a 25 based on 21 reviews, indication "generally negative reviews" and placing it at fourth worst behind Killers, The Bounty Hunter, and Furry Vengeance.

Roger Ebert gave the film half a star in his review, stating that it "bores and alienates its audiences," and notes the poor use of 3D among the film's faults[55].

-Wikipedia

that movie could definetly use some asians... and right when i saw the commercial i had a feeling it would suck

Aang isn't Tibetan, Toph and Zuko aren't Chinese, and Katara and Sokka aren't brown. I mean, not everyone in the damn movie has to be Asian. But I mean, get like really martial artists to play the characters, get some actors who aren't just gayass Nickolodeon contract teenagers.

Guest Waffle
Aang isn't Tibetan, Toph and Zuko aren't Chinese, and Katara and Sokka aren't brown. I mean, not everyone in the damn movie has to be Asian. But I mean, get like really martial artists to play the characters, get some actors who aren't just gayass Nickolodeon contract teenagers.

Yes they do, if they plan on making a good movie based on the show, then they must actually watch the fucking show and follow it. Not morph it to meet American standards.

The next day: I am still baffled by just how bad this movie was. NO CHARACTER DEPTH. AT ALL! Aang wasnt a playful little kid, they made him into take charge, I am the boss, mature person. Sokka wasnt clumsy or funny. Godawful.

Wow... That was the WORST acting i have ever seen... they kinda followed the storyline but didnt even pronounce aang's name right.. i figured an M. Night Shyamalon movie would be good. but it wasnt. Ill bet they wont even finish the storyline with another movie cause it bombed