Sign in to follow this  
Guest Waffle

Gaming PCs

Guest Waffle

Since I don't feel like building one nor do I have the patience to do so, I'm going to buy one. I haven't really looked through what brand I should get, considering I pretty much know nothing about picking one. Therefore, I am asking those who lurk the tech center to help me. My price range is $1000 or below...(Mostly due to me being unemployed and a student) >.> It should at least get me an above-average gaming pc. So either post a link to a computer or give me some brands to work with.

-Wuv Waffle.

Dell is getting better with their cheap higher end pc's the last time i saw. will edit if/when i feel like finding something

So. are you looking for a ready-to-go pc that comes with monitor and other peripherals?

if you only need a tower, this one is nice.

http://www.dell.com/us/en/home/desktops/desktop-studio-xps-9000/pd.aspx?refid=desktop-studio-xps-9000&s=dhs&cs=19&~oid=us~en~29~desktop-studio-xps-9000_anav_1~~eUAA2mWy&m_8=1TBS&mo=8~1TBS

A friend of mine bought this model a couple months ago. Ive used it a few times, its got win7 64 bit. i have NEVER seen this thing run slow or freeze. even with crysis running with all settings maxed. (ofcourse he has his customized with 12 gb of ram, the kick ass monitor that comes with, etc.)

the tower is pretty big though...

i would also tell you to get the basic 500gb hard drive, because i dont like Dell's prices of the larger ones. you could buy a bigger one for cheaper on www.pricewatch.com *COUGH* http://www.goharddrive.com/ProductDetails.asp?ProductCode=G01-0096&Click=46406

Anyways, you could customize it to get the price down to about $7.99

/edit

Waffle don't be lame dude. An old buddy of mine and I got finished building a PC for him on a couple days ago and it was his first build too, and I can assure you he knows less about computers than you.

And he's black. Well, he's east Indian, but that pretty much counts for black around here. So... yeah.

Guest Waffle
Waffle don't be lame dude. An old buddy of mine and I got finished building a PC for him on a couple days ago and it was his first build too, and I can assure you he knows less about computers than you.

And he's black. Well, he's east Indian, but that pretty much counts for black around here. So... yeah.

Fgt, I don't have help, my dad is as computer literate as... Maybe a small boy.

My mom... Fuck don't get me started.

The only time I have ever "built" a computer was when it came in a box with instructions.

I might get the Aurora, comments?

Waffle, I swear to God if you actually put in some effort, you can get a better computer in the end if you custom built compared to the Aurora.

Quick Comparison (people could make better builds, but this is just me doing it in 5 minutes).

Dell Aurora - $1000

Genuine Windows® 7 Home Premium, 64bit, English

Cosmic Black, Alienware Aurora Chassis

Intel® Core™ i3 530 Dual Core 2.93GHz (4MB Cache)

ATI Radeon™ HD 5670, 1GB GDDR5

3GB DDR3 at 1333MHz

500GB - SATA-II, 3Gb/s, 7,200RPM, 16MB Cache HDD

24X CD/DVD burner (DVD+/-RW) w/double layer write capability

Integrated 7.1 Channel Audio

Custom

Win7 - $179

Case/Processor/Mobo/RAM/Power Supply/HD - $600

http://www.newegg.com/Product/ComboBundleDetails.aspx?ItemList=Combo.422045

1. Intel Core i5-655K (Clarkdale) 3.2GHz LGA 1156 73W Dual-Core Unlocked Desktop Processor (Model: BX80616I5655K)

2. GIGABYTE Socket 1156 Intel H55 Express Chipset HDMI Micro ATX Motherboard (Model: GA-H55M-UD2H)

3. G.Skill Ripjaws Series 4GB (2 x 2GB) DDR3 1600 (PC3 12800) Dual Channel Desktop Memory Kit (Model: F3-12800CL9D-4GBRL)

4. Seagate Barracuda 7200.11 1.5TB 7200RPM 32MB cache SATA II 3.5" Internal Hard Drive (Model: ST31500341AS) - OEM

5. OCZ StealthXStream 700Watt ATX12V/EPS12V SLI & CrossFire Ready Active PFC Power Supply (Model: OCZ700SXS)

6. RAIDMAX Quantum Black SECC ATX Mid Tower Computer Case (Model: ATX-798WB)

24X CD/DVD Burner - $20

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16827118031

GTS 250, 1GB DDR3 - $145

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814127445

Case is similar, processor is definitely better. Video cards are equivalent and the RAM is much better. More HD Space and equivalent qualities of CD/DVD drives and sound.

Meh, go get something custom built from new egg. It will be more durable, it's worth the time, and you learn a lot from building your own.

Guest Waffle

Thing is, I have no clue what to look for when building a computer. If I actually had some actual experience, sure why not. D:

Uhhh. Read Tutorials online? Newegg has some premade cheap packages as well. :3.

and we're always here, ask us if your confused.

I dont know around where you are, but I just got my custom made computer, build to how I want, by someone else.

They ordered all the parts and put it together for me

Or there are plenty of sites online to help you build a computer yourself.

Or like Mitch said, ask us. I know a little bit about computers.

Guest Waffle

Okay, so how about you faggots help me pick parts. :3

If you do this Ted, I'll make your parents give you a raise, otherwise they will get the whip again.

Mitch if you do this, I'll consider not deporting you.

i just bought a cyberpower computer for 595. i like it but if u could i would get a better video card in yours. i can build my own but do not have the time with work and my wife and kids. i have worked on computers for 8 years. so i know a little about them and building them.

mine:

AMD Athlon II X4 2.60 Ghz

4GB memory

cd/dvd burner

i got all my parts for the computer im building at either tigerdirect.com or newegg.com, those are great places cause they have user reviews and ratings by the people that actually bought them. Also if you have a Frys Electronics near you their staff is very helpful when picking parts for any price range.

Do NOT buy Dell or HP.

I would check out

ibuypower.com

they are pretty good.

But ultimately, if you want the best bang for your buck. Build you own.

Guest Waffle

I have no clue. I don't plan things.

Help me build a legit, amazing computer that is around $1000?

Are you going to do anything other than play games on it? I can help you, but I want to know what you want your computer to do, and anything special like SLi, rainbow LEDs cause I know you like that shit Waffle, multiple HDs, or anything, or do you just want it to be awesome :3

Guest Waffle

I'll probably just do games. Maybe graphic design or something in the future. :X