Sign in to follow this  
CoinStar

money for clean slate.

This is something that has to be reviewed on a case-by-case basis by the staff. There are too many factors to create a set of rules which dictate when or when they cannot pay their way back into the community. Sure, it can bring in a few extra bucks, which is good, but having an unreserved rule saying "Pay 30 dollars and pass go and collect $300" would lower the already sagging standards of quality within the sG community.

Guest Fohacidal

I can see this turning bad in several ways for several different people.

A punishment needs to be final and enforced, the only way this will still work is if the price is up REAL high. 40-50 bucks

Like I said to mario, a bit hypocritical to allow this to happen just days after not only an entire section was axed but a member was perma banned to reduce trolling.

I can see this turning bad in several ways for several different people.

A punishment needs to be final and enforced, the only way this will still work is if the price is up REAL high. 40-50 bucks

Like I said to mario, a bit hypocritical to allow this to happen just days after not only an entire section was axed but a member was perma banned to reduce trolling.

THIS.

So you're saying Zeus can pay $30 to be unbanned? I don't think the clan is hurting that much.

It's a two sided sword. I mean if the guy is actually willing to fork up the cash for it, obviously he cares about the community some. But then again I mean for 30 bucks you could just go get another steam account and put css on it.

Personally I don't think it's a good thing, like other people before said, if they were stupid enough to get perma'd in the first place then why should we give a fuck if they come back, even if they're willing to throw money at us. Makes us look like a prostitute or something.

I never said that this would become an official policy. I got an offer to clean the slate, I left out the name because of bias cliques. I've brought it up to staff and the decision was made to pass it on to the community.

Obviously hackers and complete douche bags would be denied (sorry shippo, sorry pr()ject). It would be a case by case basis, but nothing on paper saying x dollars equals a clean slate.

I never said that this would become an official policy. I got an offer to clean the slate, I left out the name because of bias cliques. I've brought it up to staff and the decision was made to pass it on to the community.

Obviously hackers and complete douche bags would be denied (sorry shippo, sorry pr()ject, sorry Zeus). It would be a case by case basis, but nothing on paper saying x dollars equals a clean slate.

Fix'd.

Obviously hackers and complete douche bags would be denied (sorry shippo, sorry pr()ject). It would be a case by case basis, but nothing on paper saying x dollars equals a clean slate.

I agree on this, case by case, though can I make a suggestion, can you post the reasons for the bans next time?

So even if you don't want to name the person (good idea) we atleast know WHY they were banned, therefore a better reasoning if we should accept or not.

I personally say Yes why not.

TL;DR: post ban reasons, agree with coin, yes to vote.

I say yes, let him back onto the servers.

But two things.

1) This must be approved on a case-by-case basis. Obviously hackers, aimbotters, and the like should not be given second chances, but people permabanned for mic spamming/votebanning (elohel) should be allowed to pay their way back in.

2) Easier to get permabanned again. Meaning reduce the number of times they need a permaban for (three or four), but make sure that the bans are actually valid bans.

@ CTed, it's pretty easy to get banned when admins don't like you, and admins can ban for 'admin disrespect'

@ CTed, it's pretty easy to get banned when admins don't like you, and admins can ban for 'admin disrespect'

Yep. It's really not hard to get banned at all compared to many other servs.

This is a great decision to let the community be involved on this.

Depends on who it is as well. If I hate them enough, I'd pay you $30 to keep him out of the community.

screw that, buy me admin!

Lol, on a srs note,

it seems like a great idea to get extra money rolling in. id go for it, but lower the max number of bans to 3. it would still keep the douches out, whilst still giving them a chance to redeem themselves

Guest rw.Sentenced

Sounds like Coinstar already accepted the money

I would approve of something like this- 30 dollars and clean slate, but he has 3 bans instead of 6 before he is permad again (sorta like a short leash) and obviously if he does enough to get 3 more legit bans then he hasnt learned his lesson.

He can either pay $20 to Valve just to get perm'd by us again when we find his account, or he can pay $30 to us and have his every move examined by admins with a microscope because they know what he's like. Either way, he's going to play on the server again. I voted we make some profit off of it.

This.

$30 is $30 - Servers cost a lot of money =3

And since this is publicly known, admins will be on this bitch like a hawk.

Guest rw.Sentenced

Why the fuck should we need to be? They earned their perma, they should just stay the fuck out.

refer to last post in this link for info on who was unbanned.

http://www.syndicate-gamers.net/showthread.php/30204-Should-Ghoul-be-banned/page18

refer to second post for confirmation by staff member in this link.

http://www.syndicate-gamers.net/showthread.php/30204-Should-Ghoul-be-banned/page19

I have stated my 6 reasons for banning if I happen to ban him again.