Sign in to follow this  
CoinStar

money for clean slate.

The community wants to be involved in decisions, so here's one for you.

I got contacted by someone who was permanently banned because of the six ban rule. 30 dollars was offered for a clean piece of slate (bans removed).

I mean what's to stop him from buying a new copy of CSS and playing on our servers anyway?

If it came down to me, I would say yes. He's obviously sorry he's a douche and wants a second chance. With our monthly expense well over 500, 30 dollars is a big piece of pie. Money talks.

You guys decide.

This is a great decision to let the community be involved on this.

Depends on who it is as well. If I hate them enough, I'd pay you $30 to keep him out of the community.

Coinstar, you're such a jew.

This is such a bad idea because where does it stop? $15 for admin subscription, so all they have to do is play without admin for 2 months and they're unbanned from all their wrongs.

Milk Ghoul's Butt Buddies for all their money. Woops I said too much.

I think everyone already knew...

I'd say $300. Really make him learn his lesson

Money talks.

And please no one bitch about my bias in this case. I have it, but my allegiance lies first to sG, and second to any given player on the servers.

The fact is, if someone shells out $30, that shows a sort of dedication. They're willing to spend for access, even after they got kicked out - choosing to play instead of being angry. In addition, money spent is a sort of investment. People don't generally shit on an investment, especially a sizable one like this.

I say, if there's a concern in the community, then make a new rule - $30 for permaban forgiveness, but only once. The next perma is truly permanent. Or something along those lines, as the staff thinks is fair.

I think everyone already knew...

I'd say $300. Really make him learn his lesson

Shit, he could run his own servers for that much.

I'd say sure. 30 bucks is a clean slate. But I would exclude hackers (obviously) and the rage ban everybody admin abusers.

He can either pay $20 to Valve just to get perm'd by us again when we find his account, or he can pay $30 to us and have his every move examined by admins with a microscope because they know what he's like. Either way, he's going to play on the server again. I voted we make some profit off of it.

I think we need to draw a line on who we let in for sure. Freekillers, mic spammers and the like are fine. Hackers? Maybe. Server crashers like MIA or sh1ne? Fuck No.

He seems sorry, it's prob. a good idea for sG like pay $$$ to get a clean slate, it will help the servers right? Can you do a vote on this, if people agree?

I like what Junzou said aswell.

Server crashers and hackers, it prob. won't be a good idea to let them in

I would say, if it was a hacker with obvious like spinhacks, aimbot etc it would be ok.

But if its from some person who's been playing for like a long time on the servers and finnaly caught hacking, I'd say no.

I would say, if it was a hacker with obvious like spinhacks, aimbot etc it would be ok.

But if its from some person who's been playing for like a long time on the servers and finnaly caught hacking, I'd say no.

INB4SHIPPO

I think we need to draw a line on who we let in for sure. Freekillers, mic spammers and the like are fine. Hackers? Maybe. Server crashers like MIA or sh1ne? Fuck No.

I agree with this, but overall think it's a good idea.

$50, no exceptions, repeatable.

This works too.

30 dollars is a lot of money any1 wanting 2 get into our servers for 30 dollars must be dedicated so why not let them in. obv they wont fuck up thats thirty dollars thats alot of money.

Guest Horny©at

Joseph-Ducreux-Pay-Coinstar-stay-permad.jpg

This is a great idea on paper, but I don't know if it will actually work out. It's worth a shot anyways.

Thanks for giving the community a say on this. I think that for in his case he should be able to pay. It helps with the clan and it shows he wants to play if he's willing to dish out some cash. Now since admins would know what he's like they know what to look for. Maybe change the bans for people who pay for a clean slate from 6 = perma to 4 = perma. And as others have stated there should be a line of who can and cannot buy a clean slate. Maybe only have the option to buy 1 clean slate? With 6 = perma that would be 12 total bans and that shows someone doesn't care too much for the servers.

Guest rw.Sentenced

No.

If you actually go through with it the community should have a vote/at least be aware of who it is you're unbanning.

Plus, how does this change the 6 bans rule? Would they get 1 more ban before reperma?

No.

If you actually go through with it the community should have a vote/at least be aware of who it is you're unbanning.

Plus, how does this change the 6 bans rule? Would they get 1 more ban before reperma?

You have the facts, and Kai mentioned his name. clean slate = clean slate, 6 more minor bans to get re-perm'd.

We don't need a poll to measure community votes. We can go through this thread and look at your responses.

No.

You have the facts, and Kai mentioned his name. clean slate = clean slate, 6 more minor bans to get re-perm'd.

We don't need a poll to measure community votes. We can go through this thread and look at your responses.

Guest rw.Sentenced

Nice Double Post Junzou.

Clean Slate? Fuck that.

They got 6 chances. They fucked that many up, or were retarded enough to get caught with hacks

Give them 1/2

EDIT: I meant. This is going to set some sort of precedent where someone chucks 30 bucks at coinstar and they're back. You're saying we dont get a say in who you let back in?