Sign in to follow this  
ChosenOne2000

TripleHead2Go

I have it................it ownz all.....full tech review coming soon

Matrox TripleHead2Go is an external multi-display upgrade that adds up to three monitors to your notebook or desktop computer. Ideal for professionals requiring more desktop space for maximum productivity increases and gamers wanting a totally immersive experience, this small box lets you run different applications on each display or view one application across up to three monitors. Available in DisplayPort, Digital, or Analog Editions.

Source: http://www.matrox.com/graphics/en/products/gxm/th2go/

UG5smiin-dI

fECWSSpEVVA

I may just post a youtube audio review w/ screenshots b/c my written review might be tl;dr. If you guys want ot hear about it then I'll do an audio review. If not, then I wont waste my time.

Okay that is sick, but I would never buy that. I don't really need that lol.

Yeah, nobody "needs" it, but its the most cost effective multi-display solution I've seen.

Left 4 Dead 2 pic w/ my iPhone

img0018hc.jpg

Yeah, nobody "needs" it, but its the most cost effective multi-display solution I've seen.

Left 4 Dead 2 pic w/ my iPhone

img0018hc.jpg

How much this cost you?

the monitor frames bother me. if there was nothing between the 3 screens i'd go for it but... nahhh.. thats what a big tv is for.

the monitor frames bother me. if there was nothing between the 3 screens i'd go for it but... nahhh.. thats what a big tv is for.

Ya the frames also would bother me if I had it. IT would be annoying to have.

Ya, but you would probably get used to it.

Also, Can the monitors be any size or do they have to be the special monitors that come with the unit?

Cuz 3x 32+ inch tv's would be pwnage

Ya, but you would probably get used to it.

Also, Can the monitors be any size or do they have to be the special monitors that come with the unit?

Cuz 3x 32+ inch tv's would be pwnage

Any monitor

Kind of the same thing, but by ATi, and is actually on the card and not a box you have to buy.

An eyeflinity card cost just as much as the box. So if I wanted to upgrade my card I would have to spend $400+ for a better card with the same function. However, if I want to upgrade my gcard, I can just buy a regular card for cheaper. Plus this device was made for laptops, but of course desktops can use it too.

Kinda cool. Would be fun to mess around with a bit, but yeah, I'd definitely search out the monitors with the thinnest bezels.

I already had a 19in lcd so I just ordered 2 more like it. The TripleHead2Go comes with a program to compensate for the bezel.

for those that were interested:

http://sites.amd.com/us/underground/products/eyefinity/Pages/eyefinity.aspx

Also, a giant TV screen doesn't curve around you for better periph.

3 screens > 1 screen any day o the week.

I have my left and right screen at a 45 degree angle. I've seen configs w/o the 45 degree angle but this works well for me.

Or for a compromise:

http://gizmodo.com/341413/alienware-curved-monitor-looks-like-its-from-another-planet

Take a hit on resolution though...but cool concept for you guys who are already doing this multiple screens thing :)

Yeah, my res is better and I think my solution is cheaper. It's still a nice alienware product.

i thought about doing this, and as nice as it would be, id get lost and looking around too much playing any fps. driving games and such i could see an advantage, but i mainly play fps sooooo yeahhh. others beg to differ but thats the way i see it.