Sign in to follow this  
Lesbian Dad

Leadership elections

Do you think this community would run better if our staff was elected instead of selected by the current staff? I think it would be more fair, not necessarily better and could give this community a better chance of growing and keeps it open to more ideas.

do you really think this would be the best approach when you look at the community as a whole and the members that are let in?

well if anything we should probably watch the people who are in more closely and let a public election be held. although, its really just going to come down to a popularity contest rather than on the ideals of the player... so maybe not

Guest Fohacidal

No, we dont even have an age limit to letting members in, why should we put the responsibilities of the community on the shoulders of a bunch of kids

Foh pretty much said it. and kai too...I know i wouldnt want certain members voting on our future staff. If we were pickier about who we actually let into the clan or let vote on our staff (like idk, l4's and l5's) maybe it could work, but i dont see it happening anytime soon.

You should bring this up next time one of the staff makes a huge fuckup (like trying to get their cousin into staff)

The poll results are in:

All the candidates are JB Players

All the candidates are 13 and below

Their fellow JB players voted them in by a landslide

Once elected, they'll vote the other 13 year old JB players on to staff

How am I doing so far?

Let be real folks..........

EDIT: Our community is divided into server factions and staff entourages. If we go with the community vote: 13 y/o JB player who is “mature for his age” gets the nomination. If we go with the staff nomination: Its one of the nut huggers that kisses the staff’s ass 24/7.

GOD! I would love a true democracy, believe me. However my rage has greatly subsided over the last few months because I’m at peace. It’s a gaming website folks. I would love to see it improve. Much like the real world, when the person gets voted in, many of us will ask, “How did that dumbass get elected?”

The poll results are in:

All the candidates are JB Players

All the candidates are 13 and below

Their fellow JB players voted them in by a landslide

Once elected, they'll vote the other 13 year old JB players on to staff

How am I doing so far?

I lol'd due to truth.

It's not hard, just elect the most mature members and who ever is most qualified, vote for 'em. BOOM. Staff.

Oh and of course they have to have some long term experience in this community, just to know the feel of things.

It's not hard, just elect the most mature members and who ever is most qualified, vote for 'em. BOOM. Staff.

Oh and of course they have to have some long term experience in this community, just to know the feel of things.

so sorta like the staff we have now?

so sorta like the staff we have now?

I'm not sure if he meant have staff nominate someone and the community vote for them, which wouldn't be such a bad idea. That way its the staff who picks whoever they feel is the most qualified, then have the community vote them in.

In a community full of mature members, elections could work. Let me know when you find such a community.

sG|18+

:P

problem solved. Otherwise, all the impossibilities of this plan have been mentioned.

Other idea: Age limit to be an L3 or above, let's say. Only L3+ could vote/nominate staff. That way you have players who have been around and KNOW the staff electing them, so there's slightly less idiocracy in that plan, however, you still get all of the brown-nosers voting for their BFFs, so...

WHATEV, I eliminated the age problem with that suggestion at least...'s not a BAD idea imo...

If you guys want to do your own nominations and "running for office" sorta thing, I would definitely take it into account. I would take it into account, not ensure that your nominee would become staff. Not guaranteeing that other staff members would take it into account. Staff cannot be everywhere at once (This is why "butt buddies" get staff, we see their desire and will to do the job more often) so it would be nice to see who the community thinks is up to it. Just make sure these people are mature enough to effectively resolve disputes and are active enough to keep managing the forum. We dont want to give it to somebody and have them never do anything. We would still be deciding because, lets face it, nobody wants people like Syko to decide our staff.

We arent currently in search of new staff, but if you would like to create a thread in the debate and serious talk forum (To keep the flaming to a minimum) and suggest some of the best options, I'd encourage it. Just make sure it all stays in one thread.

Fuck you guys, I'm not giving up my power.

All hail Caesar.

little_caesar-7893061.jpg

[sarcasm] you forgot your sarcasm tags [/sarcasm]

Fuck you guys, I'm not giving up my power.

All hail Caesar.

little_caesar-7893061.jpg

I think junzou just nominatede Caesar...

PETITE Caesar...god help us all.

C'mon, another P2?

"Pizza Pizza"

Bye Bye clan funds on $5 Hot-n-Ready Pizzas

Haha. i think this election things a good idea. just have higher level members be the ones to pick out people they think.

There the one's we dont want to have picking people....

Sign in to follow this