Sign in to follow this  
Anonymous

Reformatting

So basically my cousin gave a pc to my little brother because he start using macbook. and when i connected everything and crap. i turn it on and it went to a screen like this

[ATTACH=CONFIG]905[/ATTACH]

i tried running safe mod but still happen to be like that. So i asked my girlfriend to borrow her window 7 so i can reformat his computer but didnt work. is there anyways to reformat the computer without going through this gay screen?

O.O how do i get to the repair windows function? i basically cant get into my desktop at all. once i get to that screen i press any key on the keyboard and the computer restarts

boot from cd and it will ask you what do want to do?

"Repair Windows"

how do i do that? boot from disk? i went into delete menu and change the setting to cdrom first and its not working. or do i have to wait???

another thing i have a 32bit and a 64 bit which one do i use? and how do i check what bit do i have?

ERRRRRRRRRRRRRR

BOOT FROM CD DRIVE......and go from there

tried it. i put in the disk went to boot from cd then waited for a bit and went straight to the screen which shown in picture

EEEEEEERRRRRRRRRRRRR

BIOS:

Change Boots Order:

CD DRIVE THEN Hard Drive

Save Settings

Reboot

Not being mean, but if don't know how to boot from a CD I wouldn't recommend formatting your comp.

EEEEEEERRRRRRRRRRRRR

BIOS:

Change Boots Order:

CD DRIVE THEN Hard Drive

Save Settings

Reboot

Not being mean, but if don't know how to boot from a CD I wouldn't recommend formatting your comp.

that is my order for booting. i even tried for 3rdboot to disable and to change to floppy

usually it will still ask you to press any key to boot from disk, if you still can't get it to boot from disk, try pressing random "F" keys, usually one of them will make a blue screen pop up and let you choose the cd/dvd drive instead of the hard drive (just try like f1-f12)

hahah, I love how no one seems to understand he's already been to the BIOS and changed the boot prio.

It's possible that the W7 disc isn't bootable. No idea why it wouldn't be, but it's possible. Is it a real W7 disc or an OEM disc? You could try burning a bootable disc with some sort of FreeDOS on it or making a bootable floppy if the comp has a floppy drive, which you implied that it did.

hahah, I love how no one seems to understand he's already been to the BIOS and changed the boot prio.

It's possible that the W7 disc isn't bootable. No idea why it wouldn't be, but it's possible. Is it a real W7 disc or an OEM disc? You could try burning a bootable disc with some sort of FreeDOS on it or making a bootable floppy if the comp has a floppy drive, which you implied that it did.

Concur

My point is if it takes several ppl explaining how to boot from a CD; he's not a strong candidate for formatting a comp unsupervised.

Sent a Pm with download links.

Instructions:

download both files via the links i sent you

Open Burn_CD.exe,

select KILL.ISO

burn it to a blank disk.

insert into pc that needs formatting

Windows 98 boot menu should appear. just press enter to start with cd.

wait until it says A:\ (ignore the warnings about C:\ not registering, DOS cannot read NTFS file systems.)

Just type Kill

it will wipe your hard drive.

this may take a while, but it should work.

if you still have problems booting to the cd even when you have it set first on the boot list, your cd drive needs to be shitcanned