Sign in to follow this  
Mitch

Fun sG Gaming Competition

I'm not sure how this will work but I'm going to see if I can make sort of a month-long gaming league in our sG servers or something like that.

I was thinking maybe a league or maybe a tournament or something like that in a server to just have some fun in all honesty.

I'm right now the only person doing this, so I might need at least 4 people to help me (if you help, you can't participate, sorry D:). and it's strongly preferred if you have some sort of admin on sG.

So far, it's a gaming league (non-serious of course) in one of the following servers (TBD):

ScoutzKnives | MiniGame | Deathrun

PS, I haven't been donating much $ to sG since I became staff, the winning team will get up to (not guaranteed, but some sort of prize will come) $100.

As for now, this is the starting draft, and I need to know what server you would prefer having this competition on and any input you may have. ;)

You can't really do Deathrun cause of the teams. Can't really do Scoutknifez due to RPG levels. So I guess minigame is the only fair one.

Guest Waffle

Why not make it an actual match? Like an actual 4v4 or something? No minigames, deathruns, scoutknivez, just pure skill and somewhat luck.

The final team that wins will go into 2v2 and then 1v1, but since it's teams, I guess just 4v4. Put peoples' names somewhere, pick four names, you got one team, do it again, another. That way it's fair. >.>

If we did that, we still need a server dood, luls.

Well it's all tentative. If we did something like DR, we could have all of one team on one side (double clicking would be allowed, this IS a competition), and the other team on the other side and switch after 5 rounds or something. This is all tentative, this vote is to only pick the servers first.

Lol, poor choice of servers. Just use one of the empty servers (DR) and turn mods off and put it to a stock map. Then do pure skill there. And if it helps, I won't compete and I'll admin it or some shit.

Do we have a 24/7 single map rotation server that can be used? If anything, other maps should be loaded on it (stock ones) so you can change the map to one of those.

Also, why not just have teams sign up (teams up to 4 as you said) then just have each team compete with the winner being a team of 4 rather than an individual.

You can do double elimination. Have the losing team go off to the losing tier while the winner advance in the winner tier. Once the winner of the winner section and the winner of the loser section is selected, they can go at it to see who the winner is (with the winning team having to lose twice in order to lose in the final round since it is double elimination.

chart.jpg

This is all brainstorming really, but what I was planning was having like 5 to 10 divisions, and the top 2 from each division advance into a single knockout tournament (although double knockout could work as well). What I really want is what server you guys are interested in playing in, and I want to utilize what sG has so we can somehow generate more genuine activity in the less played servers.

This is all brainstorming really, but what I was planning was having like 5 to 10 divisions, and the top 2 from each division advance into a single knockout tournament (although double knockout could work as well). What I really want is what server you guys are interested in playing in, and I want to utilize what sG has so we can somehow generate more genuine activity in the less played servers.

that's fine, its just the 8 teams took long enough to do so I only stopped there (they can have as many as you want, althought I think it should be one that makes sure someone doesnt automatically pass to the next round because of an odd number of teams)

Yeah, I would be up for stock as well (or even GG) but as far as we can all tell, we don't have those servers available to us.

that's fine, its just the 8 teams took long enough to do so I only stopped there (they can have as many as you want, althought I think it should be one that makes sure someone doesnt automatically pass to the next round because of an odd number of teams)

sorry for DP but yeah, I'll make sure this doesn't happen.

I do have a 11 slot private server with sourceTV and all that used for league gaming. No mods, stock/competitive made maps only. I'd be willing to let us use it for the time, if you'd like anyway. Mitch just hit me up if you wanna talk about it.

sounds good! we can have teams of 5 with a ref to make sure no one pulls some hacks out (and if they do they can get perma ban from our servers since it would be a SG event)