Sign in to follow this  
Zagrao

How to get CS:S working?

Yeah yeah, seems simple enough, yet when I run CS:S on windows 7, all I get is a blank screen.

I can still connect and mess with options, but I won't be able to see it, if I type connect (Ip address) in console, it will try to connect to a game and then crash. anyone know a solution to get CS:S working with windows 7?

I already have steam set on administrator.

well, did you update your pokemon hacks?

did you just install window 7 and started playing css for the first time or is this just some random problem that poped out of nowhere

lol, I'm being serious.

I had installed Steam and whatever games I had on my D: drive.

I installed Windows 7 on my C: drive and now have tried running CS:S again.

Reboot, check drivers, delete everything but cstrike from Steam/steamapps/yourusername/Counter-Strike Source

That's how I'd do it, in that order. Don't worry about deleting the files. Those are just extracted copies from the original counter-strike source shared.gcf file. So if you have CSS installed, you always have those files.

I keep my Steam and games folders on my 1TB drive and I've never had a problem with it not working right after reinstalling/upgrading/downgrading (from XP to W7. >_<) operating systems.

Did you say that you backed up all your game's on your D before installing win 7 then just load them straight up?

Probably just run them from drive d...

thats what I do. I installed steam on D: drive, installed all the games on D: drive and also run from D: drive.

I installed Windows 7 on C: drive (after reformatting to remove good ol Windows XP) and now it doesn't work right.

reinstall steam and css? and make sure your gfx drivers are updated (one's from the manufactureres site recomended)

Guest cool dudester ccie
Windows 7 blows and so does Windows Vista.

So many problems with the two of these.

what os do you use?

i've been reading about this problem. might be problem with your directx. try disabling it or running a lower version of it in fullscreen. also, update your directx.

Windows 7 blows and so does Windows Vista.

So many problems with the two of these.

Na, Vista is shit, 7 is actually good.

What do you use? Redhat? seriously though... what? and have you even tried win7?

Na, Vista is shit, 7 is actually good.

What do you use? Redhat? seriously though... what? and have you even tried win7?

Well, you see, before Vista and 7 came out, this version called XP came out. All the kewl kids still use it. And Red Hat is for fags, at LEAST use Fedora if you want a RPM-bin based distro. srs mang.

Vista and 7 are identical as far as I'm concerned.

Quite possibly the only time I will ever agree with you.

I got the game working now....

I can't use 1920 x 1200

I can use 1650 x 1050 or something along that resolution and it will work in full screen.

this sucks..

I can't use 1920 x 1200

I can use 1650 x 1050 or something along that resolution and it will work in full screen.

this sucks..

Better than 1024x768 @ 34 FPS

No?

I can't use 1920 x 1200

this sucks..

Figured it was something like that. You've got a monitor that has a res of 1920x1200, and that resolution isn't selectable in the menu?

video card drivers are up to date, first thing I installed when I installed the OS.

Meh... I guess I can live with the lower resolution for the time being.

EDIT

I did find the option for 1920 x 1200 but it will not run in that resolution on boot up. I can switch to it and it'll work yes, but not via start up.