Sign in to follow this  
Velo

Torrent

ok, so I decided to try this out, as I was a firm believer that it wouldn't happen, but guess what, it actually does.

I have Microsoft security essentials, (I didn't have it updated in like 3 months though as this laptop is primarily for offline usage, I don't have Internet on it, so I can't update)

So before update: AV.exe happily installed on my computer without any sign that it was at all. I find this kind of disappointing really...

Updated MSE: Blocked before it had a chance to install / change anything.

Now to reset everything, so I can actually open up exes for example. lol

Just a warning to everyone, that this is an actual event, so be careful if your going onto the internets, make sure your AV is updated.

Ctark

ok, so I decided to try this out, as I was a firm believer that it wouldn't happen, but guess what, it actually does.

I have Microsoft security essentials, (I didn't have it updated in like 3 months though as this laptop is primarily for offline usage, I don't have Internet on it, so I can't update)

So before update: AV.exe happily installed on my computer without any sign that it was at all. I find this kind of disappointing really...

Just a warning to everyone, that this is an actual event, so be careful if your going onto the internets, make sure your AV is updated.

Stark

You're the 2nd person that told me Microsoft security essentials is a good AV. I heard its free from Microsoft.

Is it a system hog?

Stark

Meh... do you believe me now? T_T

You're the 2nd person that told me Microsoft security essentials is a good AV. I heard its free from Microsoft.

Is it a system hog?

what is that?

lol ya I believe you now raptor, lol.

I don't think MSE is too resource consuming, it is well programmed and run in the background without you even knowing it's there.

keep it updated and it's great.

I believe it scored in the top among all the top AV's like Norton, AVG, Avast ect... if I'm not mistaken it actually beat out Symantec (not a surprise though, I'm not a fan of em, lol)

Give it a try: http://www.microsoft.com/Security_Essentials/default.aspx?mkt=en-ca#dlbutton

PS: Just noticed I spelled Ctark wrong in my last post, dam i hate this stupid laptop keyboard :(

interesting, thanks to chosen for suggesting, (the DOD thread) i have symantec endpoint protection :D

Ctark - i will also give that antivirus from M$ a go.. on the new os. (will be a week before i do that though, im downloading a 12gb game. thats probably 3 days of straight downloading for me)

and btw stark sounds pretty cool

Guest aboveall

i left tpb on all day while i was at work and i didn't get a virus? is this a sign of a possible virus?

ohhh the steam picture? why not i figure.

also, wheres dojima now? oh hes not going to show anyways, because he was wrong.

mac's can get viruses just like anything else, but no one used to as the user population just wasn't there, but now that businesses, and a shit load of people are switching to mac, there is more of an incentive to manufacture viruses for a mac, and you will start seeing more and more of them in the coming time.