Sign in to follow this  
Samm.

Attention Seeking Disorder?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Histrionic_personality_disorder

This might be more fitting considering what you've said.

If you do something for attention, at least make sure it's not going to bite you in the ass harder than whatever is already doing so.

Eh, wouldn't jump to that diagnosis quite yet, but I agree that she does meet some of the criteria.

Hit me up when you see me on Steam/Xfire/Vent Samm.

Eh, wouldn't jump to that diagnosis quite yet, but I agree that she does meet some of the criteria.

I tried looking up Attention Seeking Disorder on the Wiki, and this was the closest it connected me to. Just thought it deserved a look over considering what I've read. I do agree it's not everything she's dealing with that's in there.

Erm well funny thing is a boyfriend might make you worse especially if you stumble across someone like me because once he knows your a huge attention whore all he'd need to do is ignore you for a small period, then give you some love, ignore, love, repeat. He'd drive you crazy in love and obsessed with him because of that constant need for approval from him.

Course a contributing factor was that your parents didn't love you enough.

Your lucky though because you never had to put up with the mental and physical brutality I grew up with in my home. I had a similar case you did when I was younger around grade 8-10 and when you study something long enough you being to sense how it works. I wasn't getting any approval at home so I went seeking it else where like at school and such, however to my dismay this was not the case because everyone at that age is like people on this forum, a bunch of grab-assed high school kids trying to get your attention because they feel that this is the closest they'll ever get to a girl and her camera. I'm pretty sure you guys made my point below with some people excluded.

It was in grade 10 around your age pretty much that I realized I didn't give 2 shits what everyone else wanted, what they like, or approve of me doing is their own problem. One thing I also was doing around that time was meditation, its good because it allows you to reflect and think by yourself. I don't care if your not buddist/taoist/daoist or your secretly some Christian fanatic Meditation is an action NOT A FOLLOWING SO, unless you want me to start pointing out flaws in your bible shut up.

Like my friend says every time we tell him to patch himself in L4D2 when hes black and white, "Laughter is the best medicine" *emote laugh*

I still lie from time to time some big some small hell when I was in my Freshman year in college I told a lie that my buddy went home with these 2 persian girls he met at this christmas party we went to. (Primarily because I felt like I was an asshole to him for quite some time so I decided to something good) Course this perpetuated into a title for him as a pimp. I'm not kidding my class, radio class, journalist class ALL knew. Lying to get sympathy is something I don't need anymore because I felt that this was an area of a person I could improve on bettering myself I'm just trying to be a better person (My name is Earl). I still do it to get stuff and protect information and people that I work with but thats just my industry sometimes you need to lie to an uptight producer that your crew needs 15 minutes and you tell the producer man they need about 23. However I never do it to people whom I trust and know who wouldn't lie to me especially when you at taught what to look for.

Yea, I really like this guy (his name is Alex to refer back to I suppose). But I'm pretty sure he likes me more than I like him, which is good. And I cannot see him hurting my feelings.

I really appreciate you taking the time on this (=

Okay thank you (=

errrrr....

This is not the correct diagnosis. Someone w/ this diagnosis would seek RL attention over online gaming attention. In addition, you are less likely to see this condition in an adolescent. Nice try though....

errrrr....

This is not the correct diagnosis. Someone w/ this diagnosis would seek RL attention over online gaming attention. In addition, you are less likely to see this condition in an adolescent. Nice try though....

Your probably thinking Greene with Envious Whale Syndrome.

errrrr....

Talk to Dr. M, he's a pro.

Seriously though, Doc of Behavioral Medicine is probably your best resource right now, at least on these forums.

LOL ITS WORKING. Samm you have discovered a new technique to getting attention!!!

Congratulations, now all you have to say is "I think I have a mental problem" and people that think they're are schooled in psychology, because they took 1 class in it, will rush to tell you their ideas.

SUPER BONUS!!!!!! Because they are talking to you about what they think is wrong with you they will constantly bring up events that included you! This will only feed your ego and make you believe your a super smart attention whore.

Junzou and ChosenOne have fallen for the trap

Neat little fact that Nero, a ceasor of Rome, had a attention seeking disorder thing. He would do anything to seek attention, kill his wife, become an actor ( same level as Prostitute back then), played the 'liear' (an instrument, spelled wrong i think), kick his pregnant wife to death, anything to seek attention, but not caring what people thought near the end of his life.

Hell he even staged his own suicide at the age of 34 or something.

LOL ITS WORKING. Samm you have discovered a new technique to getting attention!!!

Congratulations, now all you have to say is "I think I have a mental problem" and people that think they're are schooled in psychology, because they took 1 class in it, will rush to tell you their ideas.

SUPER BONUS!!!!!! Because they are talking to you about what they think is wrong with you they will constantly bring up events that included you! This will only feed your ego and make you believe your a super smart attention whore.

Well.....

1. I've taken more than 1 class. We'll round off and say 3.5 degrees b/c residency is a bitch

2. I'm "schooled" in Sociology, Information Technology, Social Work, and Psychology

3. Saying "I have a problem" is NEVER a bad thing

I'm offering my help to. I'm not a doctor, I haven't taken any classes. But I've been around the block. I've been dealing with my own shit and I know a lot of ppl who have various problems ranging from mental health to addictions. Call me weird but I sometimes feel morally obligated to offer my help to people in need.

Unless of course Samm doesn't care that you guys know that shes a attention whore. She's probably getting a thrill from lying to your face about 'the problems' shes having.

Everything in her original post is probably true except for the part where she says that she doesn't like it.

Unless of course Samm doesn't care that you guys know that shes a attention whore. She's probably getting a thrill from lying to your face about 'the problems' shes having.

Everything in her original post is probably true except for the part where she says that she doesn't like it.

Its possible...

Guest formerlyaeth

sounds like psychopathy if you weren't an emotional cunt

...Try 12 classes. Admittedly though, only 2 classes that might be considered to have a focus on "abnormal psychology." The rest are mainly social/ personality psychology, or methods classes.