Sign in to follow this  
Joe

A possibility for preventing most freekills?

So, I've noticed that a lot of new people join the JB server, and don't know all of the rules. They usually freekill people for stupid things and I think I have found a solution. I don't know if this has been suggested before, but my suggestion is that there should be something in the server that restricts new players from joining ct for like 10 rounds, or an amount of where they can understand the rules better. I'm pretty sure this isn't that hard to implement, but I just thought of this idea and thought I'd share it.

I'd say yes but then the people who know how to play would have to wait 10 rounds (newcomers just not new to pb).

I think thatd make them leave before the 10 rounds is up

I like the idea though

Guest Horny©at
So, I've noticed that a lot of new people join the JB server, and don't know all of the rules. They usually freekill people for stupid things and I think I have found a solution. I don't know if this has been suggested before, but my suggestion is that there should be something in the server that restricts new players from joining ct for like 10 rounds, or an amount of where they can understand the rules better. I'm pretty sure this isn't that hard to implement, but I just thought of this idea and thought I'd share it.

I had a better suggestion but this involves coding and plug-in and I'm not good with that (wondering if yiyas or sexmagik knows how to do this). Basically every time a terrorist rebels, it says, for example "[terrorist name] is now a rebel" in green text. And every time a ct kills someone and the terrorist at that time was not said to be rebelling, than it would say "[ct name here] has freekilled [terrorist name]"

The bad thing about this is it can be toyed with and exploited, it's not as trusty as the human eye and brain when considering odd situations that occur.

I wondering if anyone else has ideas like this to decrease the amount of freekilling (and decrease the damn screaming after someone gets freekilled)

I say the current systems in place are fine. Personally, I think freekilling is hilarious, but 99% of the time I see people get their panties in a bunch over it when an admin isn't around, the ability to vote restrict/kick/ban seems to slip their minds.

I had a better suggestion but this involves coding and plug-in and I'm not good with that (wondering if yiyas or sexmagik knows how to do this). Basically every time a terrorist rebels, it says, for example "[terrorist name] is now a rebel" in green text. And every time a ct kills someone and the terrorist at that time was not said to be rebelling, than it would say "[ct name here] has freekilled [terrorist name]"

The bad thing about this is it can be toyed with and exploited, it's not as trusty as the human eye and brain when considering odd situations that occur.

I wondering if anyone else has ideas like this to decrease the amount of freekilling (and decrease the damn screaming after someone gets freekilled)

Not trying to flame , but are you fucking stupid?

"ok lets play simon says, simon says im simon.

Jump

*hornycat jumps*

*ct shoots hornycat*

OMG OMG OMG FREEKILLER SPAM SPAM SPAM SPAM

Guest Horny©at

Jump

*hornycat jumps*

*ct shoots hornycat*

ROFL, that's kinda what I meant by exploiting. If someone were to create a plug-in like this it would have to be flawless, able to recognize when someone is following the wardens order or actually freekilling.

I'm pretty sure it's do-able.

It already exists, I already have it on my test server, and its a nuisance for reasons stated by chicago ted

bajailmars0004.jpg

As far as the whole "Recognize if its following the wardens orders", that would require some sort of AI and voice recognition which is far beyond SMs coding and way out of our paygrade lol

Jump

*hornycat jumps*

*ct shoots hornycat*

Obviously there would be some rules that changed, and some new verbal commands... Unless your a dumb admin and are in disco when they play simon says etc. If I am warden/simon and everyone is involved.. I clearly didnt freekill if someone jumps when i say crouch (OR WHATEVER)

There are always stipulations, technically freekilling happens even without that plugin during games like that.

i could only see it working if it was like when a T killed a CT with a gun.. cause if it was anything.. i mean, it'd tell you when t's went in vents/armory cause that's rebelling. plus it'd have to have some sort of voice recognition to figure out what game your playing and know what commands the T's are supposed to do :/ unless this plugin came with a HUGE menu that wardens no longer gave their commands via mic but rather than a radio type of thing

example: bind c wardenmenu

1) simon says (then says through radio simon says is now starting blah blah, then brings up submenu of command such as jump and stuff)

2) reverse (same thing)

etc.

this is bad. people can still "rebel" making it pointless, still saying that the CT freekilled.