Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

WhiteLabyrinth

Speedtest.net

ocAC29b.png

Splewis cheated

aren't you cheating too? speedtest from an internet backbone?? do they even offer residential service :P

aren't you cheating too? speedtest from an internet backbone?? do they even offer residential service :P

Yeah haha, these are from a dedicated server that my friends and I had been using for hosting a RSPS for a while, pretty crazy speeds.

2894477449.png

84904148.png

All servers in Florida sucks balls... i was getting not even 10% of that speed to any server in Florida :/

I would call your ISP and tell them to fix your internet... what provider purposely gives higher us than ds.. something is wrong. you cant win until you post a pingtest though; although i dont know that business internet should be used to compare unless you're playing video games at work i suppose :P  since blackfoot's residential service is up to 15Mbps... unless fairpoint just hasn't rolled over to blackfoot's plans yet...?

84906240.png

And I've seen a quite a few that are higher upload than download...

Dunno how to do it on non-sudo linux but here is my seedbox

xqj8TGf.png

500MB file in 8.6s

If you're wondering, the 58.2 MB/s is the average speed and that 90.7M/s is the speed at which it ended. So 90.7M/s is approximately 725mbps. It can go higher but 500MB file isn't enough for it to peak.

84906240.png

And I've seen a quite a few that are higher upload than download...

it's a misconfiguration or hardware problem unless you're paying for synchronous service and someone was using downstream when you did the test. us > ds indicates an issue, esp when the difference is >5%

................wot

2894393016.png

PS. why the fuck does it say temple tx i live in austin

It doesn't say you live in Temple, TX. It just says the server chosen for the speedtest. 

2895658345.png

84932043.png

Have a bad ping (measured with speed test) because of a new modem with short range but faster speed.

With my gaming router I had 4 ping