Sign in to follow this  
Pebbz.

It seems that CD appeals have been met with niggardly decisions.

I'm mainly referring to the Project and HighAsFuc situations.

First off, I don't even know those two very well; I just feel those decisions are rather unfair. I could elaborate what I think about those two appeals, but I'm sure I'll get shot down or overlooked. I was mainly displeased with the HighAsFuc situation where Longcat, in my opinion, was sensibly defending HighAsFuc. If a staff member opposes so strongly, that should be taken into consideration, even more than it is.

Plus, I'd love to see who swayed which way. Why be so secretive? I don't expect much out of this thread, but just wanted to bring my concerns to the forums.

Do I get bonus points for using niggardly in a somewhat correct context? :3

+10 for Pebbz.

The Highasfuc situation should have been taken care of better. He trolled the CD like mad crazy, and nothing happened to him.

It doesn't seem like the Managers/Advisors are actually reading what is in the thread.(on some threads not all of them.)

Amber, I'm arguing FOR HighAsFuc. Not only the 6 ban policy create incentive to ban him repeatedly, banning for disrespect is for complete tools. Admin disrespect should be the same as regular disrespect, which should be player mute.

Edit:

Plus, forum behavior should NOT dictate server bans.

+1 intelligent vocab usage. however, i rarely have a problem with members. that being said, i can only judge for myself and hear testimonies from the general populous. some from what i hear, these two guys situations probably have had their situations blown out of proportion but also, what is being said about them should not be ignored because there is truth to it.

all i can say is that the people don't lie and the minority is rarely for the better.

HighAsFuc had 6 bans and a lot more complaints against him. Sure some bans might of been biased but we cant write them off. We cant give everyone another 6 bans because the admin may of may not like them. We did a staff vote and majority said, keep him banned. FYI: Longcat was part of the vote. He has done plenty of stuff he wasnt banned for and when we get reports, they dont count towards the 6 no, but they are taken into consideration about the maturity of the player in question.

As for Project, none of us were biased by any means. If you guys want permabans to remain perma we have to crack down somewhere and his crap is not needed. It was also a staff vote from all staff NOT trolled by him in the past.

We cant just back out of permabans because they come back and say pretty please. We read through all the threads, and lock them to discuss it over with as many Affairs staff as we can get and any other staff who wants to throw in their opinions.

Amber, I'm arguing FOR HighAsFuc. Not only the 6 ban policy create incentive to ban him repeatedly, banning for disrespect is for complete tools. Admin disrespect should be the same as regular disrespect, which should be player mute.

Edit:

Pebbz its not the admins in general its EVERYONE. Im usually on there and this guy thinks hes teh shit saying that hes in psychology in university and that hes smarter than everyone always hitting a joint and shit. Really.... hes a self absorbed moron that needs a few pulled out of the ass with an enima to boot

6 Bans is 6 bans. We are not letting people get off the hook ANYMORE. The majority of the people did not like highasfuc at all and even though it may seem that all of his bans are in spite because icop didnt like him, he had proof. Also, look as Amber said in the complaint department. I myself am tired of people not being level headed in there.

Now, as far as kbreezy/project goes. There was never a concise reason for why he was even unbanned in the first place. I am fucking tired of people who are permabanned that get unbanned. If I could have it my way, anyone who has ever been permanently banned would NEVER be unbanned.

I think the staff are finally agreeing to this and we needed to start somewhere. The ones who have perma bans in the past are on thin ice. If they continue to do this stuff that is retarded such as trolling and the likes, they will be banned, and they will not come back (as far as I am concerned)

Edit:

Awwww I have a protege.

Anyways it was discussed in vent about highasfuc and decided that if somebody continually puts himself in such a position to be banned (which he evidently thought were reasonable seeing as he only appealed one of them) that he isnt appreciated or fitted to our community.

I've met a majority of the NR people they are how you say....... Pre-pubecent... most of them aren't even close to mid-teens I think highasfuck is the eldest and thats not saying very much about them.

And as longcat has said, We have decided that these people arent contributing to the community. The general population doesnt appreciate them with how they act.

This whole "medium" shit is fucking stupid

Saying if we have to ban on the servers, then we have to wait till they continue to troll on vent, and then when they start trolling on forums is fucking stupid. A ban from one thing should dictate a ban on everything. Now, this doesnt regard when someone has a temporary ban from something.

In my opinion though, when someone is continually taking away from our community and got theirself banned permanently in the first place, why should they be given the pleasure to stick around and just do whatever they please.

And as longcat has said, We have decided that these people arent contributing to the community. The general population doesnt appreciate them with how they act.

Saying if we have to ban on the servers, then we have to wait till they continue to troll on vent, and then when they start trolling on forums is fucking stupid. A ban from one thing should dictate a ban on everything. Now, this doesnt regard when someone has a temporary ban from something.

In my opinion though, when someone is continually taking away from our community and got theirself banned permanently in the first place, why should they be given the pleasure to stick around and just do whatever they please.

Darwinism Ftw!

Thats why WIN is in its name

I understand what your saying but its not like I hacked the forums.

Incoming multiquotes.

HighAsFuc had 6 bans and a lot more complaints against him. Sure some bans might of been biased but we cant write them off. We cant give everyone another 6 bans because the admin may of may not like them.

Essentially, you can. The staff can waive off bans that was not handled appropiately or justified. Since we're focusing on HighAsFuc, I'll elaborate my stance on the issue. He may be unruly, disrespectful, and troublesome, but, not to belittle his behavior, it's the internet. Anonymosity creates this sort of behavior, and it is something that is been "used" to.

We did a staff vote and majority said, keep him banned. FYI: Longcat was part of the vote. He has done plenty of stuff he wasnt banned for and when we get reports, they dont count towards the 6 no, but they are taken into consideration about the maturity of the player in question.

As far as a vote goes, that's fine. I already stated above I am not foreseeing much change to be done due to this thread. I am just stating my opposition to the subject. I (hope) did not imply that Longcat wasn't part of the vote; I was merely expressing that if a Manager has an opposition it shows that there is "a light beyond the tunnel", so to speak. If he expresses discontent with the bans and somewhat favors the appeal, then others should either reconsider the situation. One yes in a field of no-es is more noticeable.

As for Project, none of us were biased by any means. If you guys want permabans to remain perma we have to crack down somewhere and his crap is not needed. It was also a staff vote from all staff NOT trolled by him in the past.

His appeal is to reconsider why he was banned. Quite frankly, it seemed to be some lame ass reasons, and I thought that was something that may have gotten some support due to the members that posted in that thread. That leads me to the next inquiry, members should have some effect on the decisions, no?

We cant just back out of permabans because they come back and say pretty please. We read through all the threads, and lock them to discuss it over with as many Affairs staff as we can get and any other staff who wants to throw in their opinions.

Understandable.

6 Bans is 6 bans. We are not letting people get off the hook ANYMORE. The majority of the people did not like highasfuc at all and even though it may seem that all of his bans are in spite because icop didnt like him, he had proof. Also, look as Amber said in the complaint department. I myself am tired of people not being level headed in there.

First off, wrong. Well sort of. 6 bans is 6 bans, but if we're looking at motive and justification; it isn't as clean as you simply put. Also, don't pretend to crack the whip so suddenly. Some people can get unbanned due to connections and such; it is something that's going to happen. It's just foolish to think that the bans are so concrete.

Like I said before, forum activity should not be a factor in server administration, imo.

Now, as far as kbreezy/project goes. There was never a concise reason for why he was even unbanned in the first place. I am fucking tired of people who are permabanned that get unbanned. If I could have it my way, anyone who has ever been permanently banned would NEVER be unbanned.

There isn't a real concise reason to why he is banned. If I were to ask people why he was banned, I would get a variety of answers that would be indefinite. Oh, he trolled that guy, or he was being disrespectful. Please. Everyone should be able to appeal their bans. You're exact emotion is the issue and also compliments this thread title.

I think the staff are finally agreeing to this and we needed to start somewhere. The ones who have perma bans in the past are on thin ice. If they continue to do this stuff that is retarded such as trolling and the likes, they will be banned, and they will not come back (as far as I am concerned)

That's something I'm completely oblivious to. I'm not saying I want to be in the loop. I just want to see which staff decides/votes on what, and if members can interject with their reasoning.

Awwww I have a protege.

Anyways it was discussed in vent and decided that if somebody continually puts himself in such a position to be banned (which he evidently thought were reasonable seeing as he only appealed one of them) that he isnt appreciated or fitted to our community.

I don't know to be insulted or flattered. No offense, but I'm not really looking up to you, you're just another person with a complimenting view point.

Edit:

@Longcat and Howard:

So these players may not be vastly popular. Hell, I'm not even that likeable to some people. Popularity should not be a key factor to deciding bans. That's purely my opinion, though.

There is also a finite amount of people that actually contribute to this community. That even excludes some of the staff, too.

HighAsFuc had 6 bans and a lot more complaints against him. Sure some bans might of been biased but we cant write them off. We cant give everyone another 6 bans because the admin may of may not like them. We did a staff vote and majority said, keep him banned. FYI: Longcat was part of the vote. He has done plenty of stuff he wasnt banned for and when we get reports, they dont count towards the 6 no, but they are taken into consideration about the maturity of the player in question.

Project trolled the fuck out of me when I was staff, and I trolled him back. He shouldn't be banned. :(

I am not trying to base justification for banning them based solely on popularity, but when so many people are complaining about one person, there is something wrong. You are correct in saying that we should not ban based solely on popularity. I am totally for that, But, I do not see very many members of this clan, nor do I see the staff sticking up for him either. What positive things has he done? And that can be said about many more, But one way or another they are still here, and I am imploring other staff to stop this. We need to consider what other people feel about certain people. I myself need to change this.

In the end I want this to be a better community where most people get along. I know that this can never be attained fully, but it can be drastically helped by getting rid of trolls/unnecessary people who take away from this community.

I am not suddenly "cracking the whip". I enjoy to fool around a lot, and i know that people who have connections will fair better than others, that is how it works (as sad as it is). But I have always tried to uphold the rules that we have.

If I could change it to where if one person receives a permaban, they will remain banned, I would uphold it to the best of my ability.

As for why Project was rebanned, he trolled in the wrong place, at the wrong time and ultimately, trolled the wrong person. I do not enjoy people who linger around just to troll others. That is where I personally draw the line. Now, I obviously need to build my case because for those certain people who havent been banned yet its for a reason, they have connections.

I am not trying to base justification for banning them based solely on popularity, but when so many people are complaining about one person, there is something wrong. You are correct in saying that we should not ban based solely on popularity. I am totally for that, But, I do not see very many members of this clan, nor do I see the staff sticking up for him either. What positive things has he done? And that can be said about many more, But one way or another they are still here, and I am imploring other staff to stop this. We need to consider what other people feel about certain people. I myself need to change this.

In the end I want this to be a better community where most people get along. I know that this can never be attained fully, but it can be drastically helped by getting rid of trolls/unnecessary people who take away from this community.

I am not suddenly "cracking the whip". I enjoy to fool around a lot, and i know that people who have connections will fair better than others, that is how it works (as sad as it is). But I have always tried to uphold the rules that we have.

If I could change it to where if one person receives a permaban, they will remain banned, I would uphold it to the best of my ability.

As for why Project was rebanned, he trolled in the wrong place, at the wrong time and ultimately, trolled the wrong person. I do not enjoy people who linger around just to troll others. That is where I personally draw the line. Now, I obviously need to build my case because for those certain people who havent been banned yet its for a reason, they have connections.

Isn't that the point and basis of a community Lol

Yea, and that is why we need to fucking change it...

I am tired of asking why people do not join this clan/community and having it be about how many trolls we have. I could name at least 15-25 people off the top of my head.

And you let Mr. Clickerson stay? Because thats not unfair at all...

And what about shippo? He was caught hacking, yet I see him on jailbreak all the time. Pr()ject has at least come to the forums and acted at least a LITTLE bit consrtuctivly. Pr()ject got banned on the servers for trolling on the forums. Not hacking or something on the server.

We cant just back out of permabans because they come back and say pretty please.

nb4 Shippo's MANY aliases.

I concur w/ Hobo. Fool me once, shame on you. Fool me 6 times, you're a dumbass.

nb4 Shippo's MANY aliases.

I concur w/ Hobo. Fool me once, shame on you. Fool me 6 times, you're a dumbass.

oh come on lol.

I asked longcat why I was banned from the forums, He said he didnt know its not like i hacked the forums, I messaged mario, He concurred.

So here I am.

If I could ban him I would, It would be called abusive and be lifted. I am not saying I agree with what he gets away with, I like him as a person, But I do not agree with his ways.

Just because I like him however, does not mean that I agree with his ways.

You fail to seem to see that other people are around who are trolling too.

This is a finaly Hurrah to all those who are trolls. Its basically 1 of 2 things that will occur. They stop, or they get banned.

I am done letting people get away with these things and I shall let this be known to ALL staff. Hopefully, most will concur with me and start actually keeping these bans we are suppose to.

I dont know why project was only banned from one thing and not the other. I am all for equal punishment, I had no idea that shippo still plays on jailbreak because I do not attend to that server. If/When I see him, I will deal with him. We need to reach an agreement as to what the punishment is. One ban = ban from all or one ban is just one ban.

I do not find this medium thing appropriate. Why should we have to let a person troll 3 times before they are gone for good is not logical in my opinion.

to set the record straight. my first ban was for trolling DEAD he cried to BC, she said don't make fun of him, if you have to make fun of me (over xfire). so one day in vent me, organik, jdd, and a few others were messing around and i said she looked like a crack whore. HIA was hiding in the channel, and as soon as i said that i was banned for admin disrespect (1st REAL ban, the 10 minute ban from JDDZIP was a joke). then after you switch over to source bans i was no longer banned. BC knew about it and said it was fine as long as i didn't start trouble. i was playing in JB and i sprayed a spray of a girl's tits. shippo asked her age and i said something jokingly, like 14 or seomthing. later on when he asked again i said she was over age. he raged and banned me for a spray being underage (when it wasn't). then a forum arguement started and the ban was made permanent. so that leads 2(3 including JDD)/6 bans.

If you are going to keep projects bans, I would imagine that Zeus needs to be banned, becasue he has atleast 6 FORUMS bans.

A few of which that where ment to be permanent.

to set the record straight. my first ban was for trolling DEAD he cried to BC, she said don't make fun of him, if you have to make fun of me (over xfire). so one day in vent me, organik, jdd, and a few others were messing around and i said she looked like a crack whore. HIA was hiding in the channel, and as soon as i said that i was banned for admin disrespect (1st REAL ban, the 10 minute ban from JDDZIP was a joke). then after you switch over to source bans i was no longer banned. BC knew about it and said it was fine as long as i didn't start trouble. i was playing in JB and i sprayed a spray of a girl's tits. shippo asked her age and i said something jokingly, like 14 or seomthing. later on when he asked again i said she was over age. he raged and banned me for a spray being underage (when it wasn't). then a forum arguement started and the ban was made permanent. so that leads 2(3 including JDD)/6 bans.

Are you fucking stupid? the girl was underaged.

you protested the ban, the ban stayed and here we are you take stabs at my bans just because I am not around you think you can weasel out of them?

Fuckoff.