Sign in to follow this  
Dyscivist

Where does it say jumping is detouring in the MOTD?

From the thread announcing the motd update.

I know it's a bit late, but I think it should be made clear that jumping is or isn't a detour/delay it's beeing abused way too mutch...

if people are told to run/shift walk/or crouch walk, then jumping is detouring the order,unless it's to jump over an obstacle in your path.

Evdwm.gif

Oh god I used that twice in a row

This. So fucking this. For some reason, when you're told to shift walk, wardens can get away with saying that "Jumping is a detour / delay" when you're shiftwalking from point A to point B. I have yet to see an admin's official response on this. 

If you're a CT that uses this gay rule, go fuck yourself.

Edit:

From the thread announcing the motd update.

Count of Monte-Cristo, on 23 Jul 2013 - 8:52 PM, said:snapback.png

I know it's a bit late, but I think it should be made clear that jumping is or isn't a detour/delay it's beeing abused way too mutch...

Eddy, on 23 Jul 2013 - 8:55 PM, said:snapback.png

if people are told to run/shift walk/or crouch walk, then jumping is detouring the order,unless it's to jump over an obstacle in your path.

Turns out that Waffles beat me to it, Admin (SO) has cleared it up. Damn, stupid rule. 
Edited by Ichalvl

Jumping isn't shift walking. How is that hard to understand

It's not just during shift-walking commands that people are being killed for this. Running commands too, or just "Go to X."

Oh, and if we're going to be literal, jumping isn't freezing either, yet in the context of JB it isn't considered a violation of freezing. This kind of thing needs to be addressed in JB or it leads to massive amounts of bullshit and arguing, and not just on the forums either. It needs to actually be in the MOTD so someone can cite it when there's an issue, not just go, "Oh, someone somewhere on the forums said at some point that it's detouring and delaying."

I've been playing JB for, I don't know, some gross number of years, and I can't remember ever having run into the issue of someone accusing someone jumping while going towards the place they'd been told to head towards of delaying until very very recently. Now everytime any warden tells anyone to go anywhere and 5 or so Ts jump on the way they get shot in the face instantly, and the CTs, when asked why they shot the Ts, say something along the lines of "Eddy says it's delaying!"

Edited by Dyscivist

Now everytime any warden tells anyone to go anywhere and 5 or so Ts jump on the way they get shot in the face instantly, and the CTs, when asked why they shot the Ts, say something along the lines of "Eddy says it's delaying!"

http://www.joinsg.net/topic/54226-eddy-is-a-faggot/#entry724612

The title IS there for a reason :D

Edited by Moflstomp.mp3

I dont play JB anymore because of stupid rules like this. This rule exists because of killwhores. That is the only reason. Greedy CT's who want every kill they can get and its a lame excuse to kill a T if he jumps. You should have to say you cannot jump while shift walking so it restricts it. Otherwise I feel like it is freekilling.

It's not just during shift-walking commands that people are being killed for this. Running commands too, or just "Go to X."

Oh, and if we're going to be literal, jumping isn't freezing either, yet in the context of JB it isn't considered a violation of freezing. This kind of thing needs to be addressed in JB or it leads to massive amounts of bullshit and arguing, and not just on the forums either. It needs to actually be in the MOTD so someone can cite it when there's an issue, not just go, "Oh, someone somewhere on the forums said at some point that it's detouring and delaying."

I've been playing JB for, I don't know, some gross number of years, and I can't remember ever having run into the issue of someone accusing someone jumping while going towards the place they'd been told to head towards of delaying until very very recently. Now everytime any warden tells anyone to go anywhere and 5 or so Ts jump on the way they get shot in the face instantly, and the CTs, when asked why they shot the Ts, say something along the lines of "Eddy says it's delaying!"

When someone is told to go from point A to point B via running/shift walking/or crouch walking, the warden has ordered them to complete a movement command. We don't consider freeze a movement command so there for the T's are allowed to jump(unless restricted). When I warden and I send T's to a certain point by having them crouch walk, it means I would like them to maintain a certain speed while going to said point,by jumping you are then detouring around the speed that was intended for you to travel. Allowing T's to jump while moving makes things 10x more chaotic,because literally if anyone is half decent at Bhoping they can rush the shit out of the CTs and kill them all without being killed for rebelling. I don't however agree on killing people for jumping once or twice on accident, I feel like this is the most retarded reason to kill anyone, but I do agree on killing T's that are jumping/bhoping to gain any type of advantage. I guess this rule should be added to the MOTD(even though I feel like it's common sense) it would eliminate what was happening in admin chat today where literally all the admins were calling each other faggots and arguing about something that had happened 10 rounds ago.

what i don't understand is how they're saying it's a detour/delay. stop fucking pussyfooting around it and either make it allowed or not, and don't say it's a detour or delay. it isn't detouring, because i'm still going to the same damn place as every other faggot in line with me, except i'm making myself more obvious than them. it isn't delaying because it doesn't even make you lose speed. if anything, it lets you gain speed if you get lucky enough to even get a decent bhop started on a game that essentially has taken bhopping out.

I guess this rule should be added to the MOTD(even though I feel like it's common sense) it would eliminate what was happening in admin chat today where literally all the admins were calling each other faggots and arguing about something that had happened 10 rounds ago.

It wasn't so much all the admins calling each other faggots as it was me calling every other admin on the server a faggot.

It wasn't so much all the admins calling each other faggots as it was me calling every other admin on the server a faggot.

Well you just noclip yourself anyways so what does it matter? :P

And it's always been like that it's just up to the warden if he is a big pussy and kills ppl for that... *Cough cough* Countersniper... We've had them more lately...

Edited by xmen

It's less of being killed for detouring/delaying and more being killed for not doing what you were told.

It's like being told to jump, but you decide to crouch then jump. You're gonna get fucked up if you do it.

Don't really see why people would be killed for it when the warden just says "Go to X", they shouldn't be doing that shit because no specific movement was clarified. (Faggots shouldn't take this to mean you can just shift walk when told to "go" somewhere, don't be dicks)

Don't really see why people would be killed for it when the warden just says "Go to X", they shouldn't be doing that shit because no specific movement was clarified. (Faggots shouldn't take this to mean you can just shift walk when told to "go" somewhere, don't be dicks)

That's predominantly the issue I was having, though I also don't think it should be limited during a shift-walk but whatever.

I don't know why such a stupid rule is being enforced... It was never like this when I first started playing and I'm so used to jumping when getting somewhere..

Sent from my SGH-I747 using Tapatalk 4 Beta