Sign in to follow this  
Marvin

DayZ: Epic Last Stands

I'm sure anybody who's played DayZ for a little while now has had some sort of epic last stand. That one time where everything has gone to hell, yet you show all the zombies in your town and maybe even a few players that you aren't to be fucked with.

Share your epic last stand stories here :)

Mine, two lives ago went down like this:

I was in an industrial town somewhere East of Elektro off the shore. I had a Lee Enfield with about 60 rounds of ammo, and a Makarov with two mags. I had only one bandage and some food and drink.

I decided to explore a bit, and chose to check out a small enter-able building next to a large, multi-floored building. I could hear the zombies inside, but I saw that there was some loot to be had. So I pick up a couple of tin cans nearby and throw the first one near the door of the building. This drew out the two zombies inside, so from my cover I aimed the second one to land farther away from the building. The only problem: it hit MY wall instead and instantly aggro'd both of them.

So here I am, running around trying to lose these two zombies, eventually getting a zombie train going instead. I head into a factory type building to get them to slow down so I can pick them off, not caring that my Lee Enfield would alert everything nearby. The only problem being that I backed up into the building and didn't clear it. Big fucking mistake. Two zombies come up from behind me and break my legs. I start firing my Lee and kill all of them near me.

Once that was done I patched myself up with my last bandage and started crawling around looking for morphine for my injury. I decided that the large enter-able structure I had noticed earlier would be a good place to start. So I crawl all the way there and clear the first floor, killing one zombie with the Lee. I can hear more zombies coming so I start to crawl up the stairs to get higher ground, as there were two entrances to the bottom floor making it harder for me to cover both while prone.

After glitching myself up the stairs and searching the next two floors for some morphine, I can hear the zombies getting closer as they climb the stairs behind me. I lay there with my broken leg, 2000 blood and a bag full of ammo and food waiting for the first zombie to show its head.

One after another, they come up the stairs, and one after another falls as I pump them full of lead. I can still hear them downstairs wondering how many more there are. Surely there can't be that many, can there? How wrong was I.

Moving up to the top floor one inch at a time, glitching my way up the stairs, I see a ladder. But over in the corner, more Lee ammo! I decide to climb the ladder (I don't know how someone with a broken leg could) and wait in my permanent prone position with my sights on the top of the ladder.

BANG. BANG. BANG. They just keep coming! One after another, and endless horde. For what felt like an eternity and a million rounds of ammo it was over. The last of the zombies (most likely within a mile) was dead. I make my way to the bottom of the ladder, and glitch my way slowly down to the bottom floor of the building. I had used up all but one shot for my Lee, and there was no hope in sight.

Then, through the door in front of me comes an angel. Not one to save me though. This, was an angel of death. A lone man with a pistol. He says in direct chat, 'Don't Shoot!' I reply by telling him that I won't shoot him. He thanks me. I ask him, "Can you do me a favor?" He replies nervously and asks what it is. I tell him "shoot me". "Take all my stuff. I'm dead anyways. My legs are broken, I have no medical supplies, and I'm all but out of ammo."

I eat some beans, drink some Coke and he puts my out of my misery.

GreenHorn 59, Zombies 1.

GG

Not sure if this counts as a "last stand", but still funny.

I was playing with ninjawaffle and someone else (can't remember his name). We were on top of the two large silo-looking things bridged by an enclosed hallway, connecting them in the industrial section of Cherno. Now, this was when temperature and sickness was first released in DayZ, so it was quite buggy. I randomly was afflicted with sickness causing my blood to slowly drop. Ninja and the other guy (again, I can't remember who. I'll call him Bob) both started to disproportionately freak out thinking if I was anywhere in the vicinity they would contract the sickness and die.

So, some time passes and they begin to become more aggressive in their disposition towards me until it got the point where ninjawaffle and Bob are both aiming at me. ninja had a silenced UMP or something equivalent, and I heard the *click* of a gun with an empty magazine followed by ninja going screaming/laughing (sounds about the same) on teamspeak. He had forgotten to reload. I proceeded to blast ninja followed by Bob. I kind of feel bad about killing Bob as I'm not entirely sure that he was going to kill me. I would have offered his stuff back but he ragequit too fast for me to do so.

Ninja was hilariously mad at me. This was a couple days after ninja had killed me in the church of churno. I took their stuff and lived happily ever after. Until I got killed.

Oh, and right after that I figured out that if I just log out and back in, it got rid of any affliction your character had.

IT HAS FINALLY COME OUT. YES. I KILL EVERYONE I PLAY WITH. IF BY EVERYONE YOU MEAN ONLY FAGGOTS WHO QQ AND RAGE AT VIDEO GAMES AND TRY TO KILL ME AND/OR HAVE KILLED ME IN THE PAST THEN YES I KILL EVERYONE.

I HOPE YOU RECONSIDER MONKEH BECAUSE UR MAH FAVORITE.

SERIOUS TOO BRO MAKES ME WANNA BUY THIS SHIT

This.

Anyone think Arma 2 and the expansion will be in the summer sale (assuming there is one)?

There's already a Sale at Bohemia's website for 25% off. Not a whole lot, but with the driving force of DayZ taking it to the top of the Steam sales chart, there won't be a massive 50-75% sale anytime soon.