Sign in to follow this  
projectmayhem9

Laptop Showdown

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Projectmayhem9 @ Oct 11 2008, 05:59 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>

Lol.

2nd Gateway: 4gb RAM, 200 GB HD

The HP: 4gb RAM, 320gb HD

Okay who cares about more harddrive space. If u edit or store alot of movies and other stuff ur not going to fill up 200GIGZ. And the Gateway has a better GPU and faster CPU.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (chronx @ Oct 11 2008, 06:36 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>

Okay who cares about more harddrive space. If u edit or store alot of movies and other stuff ur not going to fill up 200GIGZ. And the Gateway has a better GPU and faster CPU.

You just cited HD space as a reason for picking the Gateway over the other two.

I dunno, space is an issue for me on my desktop. I have 400GB between two HDDs and I've almost filled them both. Then again, I download movies, have a ton of games AND I do some video editing as well so I suppose it all depends.

Just keep in mind, Gateway is Acer. I've only been impressed by Acer's newest releases, to be honest.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (UltimateOreo @ Oct 11 2008, 09:06 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>

Despite that, it still does have a higher clocked CPU, and space isn't much of an issue when you talk upwards of 100 gigs.

Yeah I know.

Chronx is just being really incoherent.

I'm leaning towards the HP, it's a great deal. Blu-ray, huge HD space, and great specs for 1k? I'm sold.

And this laptop will be for everything I do. Basically like a desktop replacement system (No space for two desktops in my house really).

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (fatb0yHAZE @ Oct 11 2008, 10:59 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>

i like to have a desktop at home, and a laptop for school.

i use a PC for desktop, and a Macbook for school.

I want to do that.

The only problem for me is the price of Macbooks, a bit on the expensive side for me.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Projectmayhem9 @ Oct 12 2008, 11:13 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>

Macbooks are overpriced pieces of crap. Only thing decent about them is their processors.

I'd only use it for school and office work anyway.

Whenever I'm on a college campus, (I'm on University of Michigan's alot,) I see a lot of people with a Macbook.

BTW, nice avatar, Project.

I switched over from buying kr3w's to altamont.