Sign in to follow this  
Clay

360 vs. PS3 (NO FANBOYISM ASSHOLES)

I want a civil discussion on which is better. No fanboyism.

I'm just gonna say this, the PS3 needs some better games, and then it would be full of win.

The 360 has a killer lineup and a sexy new Live setup coming soon.

Halo 3, one of the best selling games out now (if not ever) and I don't know why. It's fun for a while with the whole Live thing and whatnot, but I mean, come on, we saw nearly the same thing in Halo 1. Bungie just brings a few new features each time and people buy it like hotcakes. What's the deal?

the deal is........

shit i dunno...

but i am a firm PS3 guy, also my brother only plays final fantasy (and he is pitching in half for the console) soo.. PS3 for me.

i know FF13 is gonna come out on Xbox.. but ehh.. ill stick with Sony.

i like 360, but i have never played PS3 so i cant say that one is better than the other.

ohh i bet by the second page there will be flaming.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (fatb0yHAZE @ Oct 9 2008, 07:51 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>

i know FF13 is gonna come out on Xbox.. but ehh.. ill stick with Sony.

They're releasing 13 on 360, but I guess there are 2 more PS3 exclusive FF13 games. I think their strategy is to pull 360 owners in with the game, then release the 2 next ones on PS3 in order to boost PS3 sales.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Bob @ Oct 9 2008, 07:54 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>

ohh i bet by the second page there will be flaming.

Most likely

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Claytonian @ Oct 9 2008, 06:48 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>

I'm just gonna say this, the PS3 needs some better games, and then it would be full of win.

Halo 3, one of the best selling games out now (if not ever) and I don't know why. It's fun for a while with the whole Live thing and whatnot, but I mean, come on, we saw nearly the same thing in Halo 1. Bungie just brings a few new features each time and people buy it like hotcakes. What's the deal?

That's the whole point of a series though, anyway, I'm not a huge Halo fan anymore. I'm in it for Xbox Live.

Is PSN anything like it?

Guest starscream

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (UltimateOreo @ Oct 9 2008, 07:42 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>

Well that's why your probably into the PS3. The 360 is mainly for the online experience IMO, and I do admit I'm a bit jealous of the Bluray... if only MS wasn't so stubborn on the BluRay!

Yea.... my mom and stepdad bought a PS3 for the SOLE REASON of the blu-ray. They dont even know how to play games on it.

It makes sense though, at least it did 6 months ago when they bought it, bc the PS3 was still alot cheaper than a blu-ray player standalone!

I use to be a xbox fan period. I hated ps, especially the controllers, but I bought a PS3 and I am amazed. For one the blu ray is ridiculous. I bought a 40 inch Samsung A630 last Monday because its 1399 at circuit city. Its absolutely fucking insane. I was going to get the 46 inch but it would of been too big for me, and made my eyes sore. So why did I switch to Sony... well Microsoft is too greedy. Regardless of how cheap you still have to pay to play online. Blu ray to also seemed to look a tad better than HD to me. I'm very happy with it except the no backwards compatible.

edit: also you can update the blu ray firmware online for free where one a blu ray player you can't unless it has a usb drive.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (UltimateOreo @ Oct 9 2008, 08:27 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>

That's the whole point of a series though, anyway, I'm not a huge Halo fan anymore. I'm in it for Xbox Live.

Is PSN anything like it?

PSN is bad ass. It has a marketplace, albeit smaller. It has a good friends interface, there's not much to it though, message, private chat, see what they're playing, game invites, and trophy lists (but there's nothing different in the 360s I don't think). And, of course, multiplayer. But here's the catch, on the PSN, it's free!

As for the Blu-Ray player, it's worth the $400 just for that. Blu-Ray blows DVD out of the water, plus standard DVDs look like amazing on PS3. We were watching Blow at my friends, and it looked so good, and I asked if it was Blu-Ray, and if so, I was highly impressed. But, he told me it was only DVD. That point alone nearly sold me on the PS3. We have an upconvert DVD player in our Family Room and it doesn't even come close to the PS3 quality.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Claytonian @ Oct 9 2008, 08:18 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>

PSN is bad ass. It has a marketplace, albeit smaller. It has a good friends interface, there's not much to it though, message, private chat, see what they're playing, game invites, and trophy lists (but there's nothing different in the 360s I don't think). And, of course, multiplayer. But here's the catch, on the PSN, it's free!

As for the Blu-Ray player, it's worth the $400 just for that. Blu-Ray blows DVD out of the water, plus standard DVDs look like amazing on PS3. We were watching Blow at my friends, and it looked so good, and I asked if it was Blu-Ray, and if so, I was highly impressed. But, he told me it was only DVD. That point alone nearly sold me on the PS3. We have an upconvert DVD player in our Family Room and it doesn't even come close to the PS3 quality.

There's a lot to the 360 online experience you don't know about then.

Take a quick peek around here- http://www.xbox.com/en-US/live/?WT.svl=nav

Any links that advertise PSN?

I wish the 360 had a browser like the PS3.

I also wish XBL was free like PSN.

Does Sony still allow you to play online with a dialup connection, or did they opt that out and require you to have a broadband connection now?

The PS3 would have a killer lineup of games if devs. didn't have a hard time developing games for it.

Most people buy Halo 3 for the continuation of the campaign, like I did.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Pinoy @ Oct 9 2008, 09:43 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>

I wish the 360 had a browser like the PS3.

I also wish XBL was free like PSN.

Does Sony still allow you to play online with a dialup connection, or did they opt that out and require you to have a broadband connection now?

No die-l up. Unless you go through a crazy setup with your PC and stuff that is completely useless seeing as how games are unplayable.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (UltimateOreo @ Oct 9 2008, 09:32 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>

There's a lot to the 360 online experience you don't know about then.

Take a quick peek around here- http://www.xbox.com/en-US/live/?WT.svl=nav

Any links that advertise PSN?

I'd rather not browse the whole site, care to sum it up plz? (I've used Xbawks Live before, I dunno why it's "the wave of the future", PSN does it just as good)

@Pinoy's Halo Comment

I don't really get the Halo campaign though. It's more or less the same thing. To sum it up as BAZ did, "Go here, push the button, go there, push that button, kill some enemies..." And from what I've played, he's right.

----------------

Now playing: Tool - Parabola

via FoxyTunes

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Claytonian @ Oct 9 2008, 09:47 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>

No die-l up. Unless you go through a crazy setup with your PC and stuff that is completely useless seeing as how games are unplayable.

I'd rather not browse the whole site, care to sum it up plz? (I've used Xbawks Live before, I dunno why it's "the wave of the future", PSN does it just as good)

@Pinoy's Halo Comment

I don't really get the Halo campaign though. It's more or less the same thing. To sum it up as BAZ did, "Go here, push the button, go there, push that button, kill some enemies..." And from what I've played, he's right.

----------------

Now playing: Tool - Parabola

via FoxyTunes

PSN started with PS2, and they allowed Dialup and Broadband players, and had separate servers for both, while original XBL only allowed Broadband.

Guest Fohacidal

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Claytonian @ Oct 9 2008, 06:48 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>

Why do people say the PS3 has no good games? I have a collection of at least 20 games that are absolutely great, and I know a kid with completely opposite tastes than mine with about as much games that are all also really great. That and all the games coming out this holiday season. I think people just hear the ignorance spewing out of people who think they know games and assume that there CANT be any good PS3 games. On the contrary the PS3s library outmatches that of the Xbox and Wii quality wise

Guest some fag

?

*shakes head*

Honestly, have we not yet learned?

I have considered trying to contribute to the topic, but I don't know what the point is, because this is pretty much a pointless thread, to be frank... Everyone who has posted so far has already stated their opinions on their console of choice, and we have, pretty much, a dedicated thread to each console, where we continue to post our opinions and talk about games we enjoy that have come out for them... I ask, what is the use of this thread? The topic is risky at best, with a rough past that has produced epic amounts of flaming.

Furthermore, with flamebait like Sandman's post, why do we continue to try and harbor such a conversation (as the title implies) to see which console is the best? It never ends up well.

That being said, both consoles are great. They have their own ups and downs, and both were created as a recreational device for you to waste your spare time on- why argue or debate on which one's better? Just enjoy the damn thing no matter what it is.

what so many of you don't understand is this thread wanted opinions. There are no facts, its to each his own. Some prefer PS and some prefer XBOX. This was made for opinions.... ZEUS. Just understand that and don't get so worked up.

Guest UrbanerMezei

Fuck you all, I bought all 3 and I'm getting a real sweet HD TV for the new apartment.