Sign in to follow this  
Guest some fag

... As some of you already know...

Guest some fag

*Jeez, I'm going to get flamed to shit for this by a few well known PS3 fanboys (not naming names)...

... My Xbox 360 has broken. About 2-3 months ago, my 360 finally kicked the bucket, but not quite how you would expect... No- it wasn't the "Red Ring of Death", as some of you would have probably assumed by now, but some fluke with the disc drive in which the spindle constantly lost lubrication and would get stuck on a regular basis. The result of this would be me having to either stick a screw driver in and get it unstuck or take it apart and relubricate the drive with some sort of lube, be it white Lithium grease, WD-40 (not really a lube), 3 IN ONE oil, vegetable oil, Silicon grease, and numerous others... Just to let it be known, this is from the quality Hitachi drive, and there is a very small percentage of these drives that have done this (but technically could be possible for any disc drive).

I had decided that I would just buy a new 360 Elite and skip risking my console getting banned from XBL for a different disc drive, and with that, I pwned the shit out of it (with pictures). I started off with stomping it, and then proceeded it to smash it into my concrete patio, eventually just throwing it off my deck onto said patio... Then, as a finale (for the time being, as I may do more to it) I ran it over in my Jeep (which is the part I took pictures of).

Photo0116.jpg

Photo0117.jpg

Photo0118.jpg

Photo0119.jpg

Photo0120.jpg

To seal the deal, I had parked my front tire right on top of that sucker, and turned the wheels left and right, grinding it into the pavement. Damn thing's pretty sturdy, though- even after all that, it was pretty well intact.

Guest some fag

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (For Great Justice! @ Sep 27 2008, 08:39 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>

Pshh, you should have totally put linux on it :P

lawl

Nah... Hate Linux.

Guest some fag

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (UltimateOreo @ Sep 27 2008, 09:34 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>

You know how many idiots on Ebay would have bought that for 200 bucks?

You know how much time I didn't want to bother wasting on such a fruitless endeavor?

Guest some fag

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (JBKnutsen @ Sep 28 2008, 01:50 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>

I wouldn't say $200 is nothing. But why didn't you burn it afterwards? ;)

I wouldn't have gotten 200 bucks... First off, I don't have an eBay account, secondly, I highly doubt anyone would want to buy half an Xbox. Not only that, but 200 bucks isn't much to me, and I could care less.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Poon @ Sep 28 2008, 05:10 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>

:D :D That was nice. But you should have packed it full of

cheese and blown it up :D

It's not too late...

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Sandman @ Sep 28 2008, 05:32 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>

Best place for it ;)

Yeah... Maybe the best place for you as well- under my tires. ;)

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (hotmayo @ Sep 28 2008, 05:46 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>

Yeah, you should have pawned it, or sold it to someone. At least you would have made some money. :/

Look above.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Bulldog @ Sep 28 2008, 06:35 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>

lol

Poor Xbox......

Indeed... It is very sad, considering I had one of the few launch consoles that have never RRoD'd (aside from the 4 lights [full ring] when the outputs aren't connected properly)... But, it treated me well, so I figured I would let it go out fairly spectacularly.

Haha, funny thing about this is, I totally would have bought that for parts... not at 200, but I have an xbox that keeps freezing after an hour and I could use the disc drive from that but too late lol. I also bought an elite to replace it... damn microsoft...

I swear one day they are gonna turn into skynet...

Guest some fag

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (¿LiquidIce? @ Oct 8 2008, 09:02 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>

Haha, funny thing about this is, I totally would have bought that for parts... not at 200, but I have an xbox that keeps freezing after an hour and I could use the disc drive from that but too late lol. I also bought an elite to replace it... damn microsoft...

I swear one day they are gonna turn into skynet...

I guess you don't know...

The reason my 360 stopped working was BECAUSE of the disc drive. I didn't want to waste time replacing it and risk my console getting banned.

Everything else worked fine- but I doubt you or anyone else would truly purchase a broken Xbox 360 for any amount of money that would make the hassle worth it.

EDIT:

Ok- not sure if you were talkig about MY disc drive or yours with my mainboard... However, your problem sounds more like the hard drive more than anything- not a defective chip or anything. Did it only do it on certain games or did it do it in every game? Clearing your cache could possibly have fixed it.

Also, I would like to re-touch on a subject earlier in the thread about me selling the Xbox for 200 bucks- why would ANYONE do that when you can just get an Arcade for the same price?

Guest UrbanerMezei

Couldn't have thought of a better fate for this thing.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Mr Clickerson @ Sep 28 2008, 08:47 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>

I wouldn't have gotten 200 bucks... First off, I don't have an eBay account, secondly, I highly doubt anyone would want to buy half an Xbox. Not only that, but 200 bucks isn't much to me, and I could care less.

Seriously, 200 isn't a lot to you? You must have one kickass job...or parents, I envy you.

Guest starscream

soo.... theres no way you could have just, gotten it replaced by microsoft? it sounds like it was a manfct defect to me. enough bitching could have easily seen this replaced or something of the sorts.

Guest some fag

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (UrbanerMezei @ Oct 9 2008, 12:22 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>

Couldn't have thought of a better fate for this thing.

Yup... Wouldn't have gotten any other use- perfect fate for any electronic device that fails.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Comp @ Oct 9 2008, 12:28 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>

Seriously, 200 isn't a lot to you? You must have one kickass job...or parents, I envy you.

Nope. 200 really isn't that much- especially when you know you're not going to get that much for an Xbox in the state mine was in. No case, no disc drive... Pointless to even try.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (starscream @ Oct 9 2008, 12:40 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>

soo.... theres no way you could have just, gotten it replaced by microsoft? it sounds like it was a manfct defect to me. enough bitching could have easily seen this replaced or something of the sorts.

No there isn't... It was a manufacturing defect on Hitachi's part (though a LONG delayed one). I couldn't get it replaced or repaired by Microsoft because I broke the seal on the front, behind the faceplate. I did so to open it up and clean it out about 5-6 months after I got it, and at the time, they would still replace or repair it for a fee if something fucked up (which I was fine with), but when I started having problems, they had since changed their policies, and I was pretty much fucked. I can't really hold them against it, though, because all companies change their policies from time to time.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (kelso @ Oct 9 2008, 01:23 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>

But Zeus is a renegade D:

:o

Guest some fag

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (UltimateOreo @ Oct 9 2008, 10:06 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>

Wait a second, what happened to the case? I'm sure you could have put it back on if you still had it and sold it for a good chunk of money.

It got cracked when I tried to take it off a while back- in the back around the fan area, straight up the vent, so I had to use zip-ties to hold it together. Then, one time, I just tore the damn thing off anyway, because I was getting tired of taking it off and putting it back on.

I would have gotten, at best roughly 80 bucks. At BEST. I don't know for a fact, but who would pay more than that for a console with no disc drive, original launch chipsets, and the original heat-sinks? No one, that's who. And even then, it's not worth the hassle of trying to setup a Paypal account, setting up an eBay account or whatever, and then shipping it to someone- just for 80 bucks? Seriously...